who else has had thier HAs run over by a car????

I remember some deaf boy at VSDB (I think he may have been autistic as well) who used to steal hearing aids left lying around in dorms and school and he would flush them all down the toilet.

OH gosh!!! i can just picture a kid doing that--

I used to lose my hearing aids a lot. I remember catching my sister's cat once before she went outdoors with my HA. :eek2:

Once I lost both of my hearing aids when I was 14. One of them was found a week later but the other one was found on the ground about six months later and it was so badly damaged it could not be recovered. I never wore 2 HAs after that as the sound in my right ear did not make any sense to me.

I quit wearing 2 HA's when I went to college because HA's never helped my left ear. Sounds make no sense to that ear. It's more confusing to have 2 ears working against each other than it is to hear out of my right ear only. I never could really explain why it doesn't help my left ear, other than that sounds do not make sense to it.

wowie. just be careful if it wasn't HAs mold. I have to be extremely careful with my HAs cuz it's my responsible. EEEK!.

For most people replacing a misplaced hearing aid usually is not exactly trivial matter. Seems like a waste of one's funds. Assumption: one doesn't "hear" well as long as it is disconnected. I can understand young children however "losing theirs". Just another for their parents/caregivers to be alert-whenever.

Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

For most people replacing a misplaced hearing aid usually is not exactly trivial matter. Seems like a waste of one's funds. Assumption: one doesn't "hear" well as long as it is disconnected. I can understand young children however "losing theirs". Just another for their parents/caregivers to be alert-whenever.

yeah but I was the one who lost it :Oops: then come to find out he may not need it after all... *sigh* we've got them back from repair, sitting in the drawer until we know what we're doing :)

Yeah. I don't now how old I was the first time I wore hearing aids, three, four? I had no idea how to take care of them and it is a miracle I didn't destroy them the first day, lol.

Back