who else has had thier HAs run over by a car????

If the molds are ok, maybe they have something at the Children's Hospital they can hook up for his testing.

OH BOTT :hug: THANK YOU I didn't even think about that!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU-- I did just email the department contact-- to double check on everything and mentioned it... I'll ask her!!!

I don't wear hearing aids or a CI, (no benefit from them), but I've ran over my glasses several times. Once, I sat them on the top of my car while getting gas (stupid me), forgot them, took off down the road, and my friend said, "something just fell off the top of the car".....brand new glasses, $350.00....was really sick over it.....and so many sunglasses I've ran over too!

I don't wear hearing aids or a CI, (no benefit from them), but I've ran over my glasses several times. Once, I sat them on the top of my car while getting gas (stupid me), forgot them, took off down the road, and my friend said, "something just fell off the top of the car".....brand new glasses, $350.00....was really sick over it.....and so many sunglasses I've ran over too!

KNOCK on wood I've not done that-- but my daddy did leave his Army issue (unattractive) glasses on the back of a moving van one day and they got ran over!! He was the source for me to learn NOT to put stuff on my car LOL... good thing though he got better looking glasses-- don't know how mom ever got past those AI ones to (heehee)

If the molds are ok, maybe they have something at the Children's Hospital they can hook up for his testing.

Thank you for this awesome suggestion Bott!! I did call and let my contact know what happened and she is checking w/the audi there... just incase we need it!!

I picked I'm up from school and he was wearing his spare and a loaner for his power aid.

Apparently they weren't totally destroyed so his audi said should be covered under his repair warranty... SHEW!! She said his ear gear covers probably helped keep them together... so I feel a little better!!

Lucky that Adam's HAs is able to be repaired.

I tried to lose my HAs so many times when I was little but my family always managed to find them. Drats! :lol:

I've heard stories from other people how they managed to 'lose' their HAs. One threw his on the school's roof, I wonder if the school has found them by now. Hehe.

Although the only accident I had was with my moulds. I stayed at someone's house and their cats chewed on my earmoulds! They must have their appetite satisfied!

well I never lose my hearing aids since my sparkly earmolds can easily be spotted!
don't forget the beige color 2

well I never lose my hearing aids since my sparkly earmolds can easily be spotted!
don't forget the beige color 2

Maybe if his had sparkled I would've seen them before I drove off... but eeek I don't know if I want him wearing sparkles lol!!

Maybe if his had sparkled I would've seen them before I drove off... but eeek I don't know if I want him wearing sparkles lol!!

LOL!! You might want to have his molds be a flourescent color bright enough to spot. :D

I have never lost or broken a hearing aid in the 25 years I have been wearing one. Now I am going to go knock on every piece of wood I can find.

Lucky that Adam's HAs is able to be repaired.

I tried to lose my HAs so many times when I was little but my family always managed to find them. Drats! :lol:

I've heard stories from other people how they managed to 'lose' their HAs. One threw his on the school's roof, I wonder if the school has found them by now. Hehe.

Although the only accident I had was with my moulds. I stayed at someone's house and their cats chewed on my earmoulds! They must have their appetite satisfied!

:laugh2: I've always had cats. They all LOVED my earmolds. Cats can smell earmolds a mile away. One time, I had them out and my cats took them and carried my BTE HA's away with them. They had not chewed on them yet, fortunately. My grandmother caught one of them and got both of my HA's back and put them away in a drawer. LOL!

:hmm: I think this is exactly how one of my previous cats, Tiger, got into stealing small objects in the first place. The cats who took my HA's were kitten at the time. Typically, I always put my HA's in the dry-aid. LOL.

:laugh2: I've always had cats. They all LOVED my earmolds. Cats can smell earmolds a mile away. One time, I had them out and my cats took them and carried my BTE HA's away with them. They had not chewed on them yet, fortunately. My grandmother caught one of them and got both of my HA's back and put them away in a drawer. LOL!

:hmm: I think this is exactly how one of my previous cats, Tiger, got into stealing small objects in the first place. The cats who took my HA's were kitten at the time. Typically, I always put my HA's in the dry-aid. LOL.

We had a cat that would do that too-- when he was TINY and first got them... she would sniff his ears and lick them of course he'd giggle-- but she did try to steal his HA's one time... I wonder what it is about them?? The smell isn't appealing to me!! LOL

We had a cat that would do that too-- when he was TINY and first got them... she would sniff his ears and lick them of course he'd giggle-- but she did try to steal his HA's one time... I wonder what it is about them?? The smell isn't appealing to me!! LOL

The material tastes sweet to them. That is also how dogs and cats end up getting poisoned by anti freeze.

The material tastes sweet to them. That is also how dogs and cats end up getting poisoned by anti freeze.

Maybe that's why Adam STILL likes to chew on his if he gets them out and I can't grab them quick enough... YUCK!!!

I am thinking of something disgusting related to chewing ear molds, and i'll be nice and not posting it here. :)

LOL that's why I'm the bling bling girl
colored earmold are easy to spot if they're lost but I'm not the colored earmold type since they give me allergic reactions (mystery allergies)

I used to lose my hearing aids a lot. I remember catching my sister's cat once before she went outdoors with my HA. :eek2:

Once I lost both of my hearing aids when I was 14. One of them was found a week later but the other one was found on the ground about six months later and it was so badly damaged it could not be recovered. I never wore 2 HAs after that as the sound in my right ear did not make any sense to me.

No, but my grandmother did run over my pair of eyeglasses by accident. It happened a few years ago. I had to explain the situation to the place I bought it at. I don't think they bought it. :lol:

:bowlol::funny::laugh2:

My mom said that when I was around 3 and she was giving me a bath, while she was looking, I grabbed my hearing aids (those box aids) that had been lying on top of the toilet seat and dunked them in the bath water. Guess, I thought they needed a bath. LOL! My mom, of course, freaked out and tried drying them out in a towel and called up the manufacturer, I believe. They told her to take it apart and blow-dry it carefully with a hair-dryer. It worked and the hearing aids worked just fine. :P :dance2: :cheers:

I remember some deaf boy at VSDB (I think he may have been autistic as well) who used to steal hearing aids left lying around in dorms and school and he would flush them all down the toilet.

Back