who else has had thier HAs run over by a car????

I've got a couple of my old Siemens in the ear ha's if yall know anyone that could use them they can have them.

She did, Danavox which later became Resound I believe. :)

Lol I got interupted when I was typing my earlier reply and just hit post when I got back... her response wasn't on there when I started just now seeing it :blush: :):)

I've never had anything crazy happen with my hearing aids that I've done myself. Although once my nephew took them and decided they might be better if they were dipped in orange juice...:)

Never had it run over, though I know I've dropped them (both inside and outside) before, as well as accidentally left them in my jeans (they were in my jeans because i didn't have a case when walking home from school in the rain, thought jeans would keep them safe :D of course, came home and changed and the h-a's didn't make it out in time) but they came out working like champs :D

when I was a little kid, I used to hide my own hearing aids on purpose. They would still be turned on and hidden somewhere, just to drive my parents crazy. They hated hearing the squealing of the hearning aids. I was such a brat.

I don't think I've really lost hearing aids though... misplace them but I always find them eventually. I've had an earmold get eaten up by my dog (earmold was still attached to the hearing aid.. dog only chewed on the earmold, not the hearing aid).

I've also once worn a Phonak pico forte analog while swimming in a lake. I didn't want to risk losing my Phonak Claro digital hearing aid so I took the analog, and wore it in the lake. Got wet and all, but it continued to work.

I got VERY close to having mine run over by a car! (and I'm an adult !!)

Basically I was wearing my HA in the car - and it was hot & sweaty so I took it off, and put it ontop of my purse ... forgot about it. Parked the car, went into grab a coffee at a coffee place, then get back in the car and was driving away when I realised that I hadn't put my HA back in it's case (IN my purse) or back on my head ! Stopped driving - searched frantically ... no HA (AARRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!)

quickly drove back to where I had got coffee ... and as I'm driving up to the spot I was in before (thankfully with the drivers side against a curb /grass area) ...there was my HA laying on the cement - thankfully dry, undamaged. I brushed it off, put it back in and thankfully it was perfectly ok.

I think I aged 5years in those 5mins - and I very nearly had a combination heart attack & panic attack all in one.

There's no way I would have been able to replace the HA because I'd just gone on short term disability due to a car accident and my income had been cut from 100% to 75% (no room for anything aside from basics - the coffee was a HUGE "treat"). The HA was on my apt insurance, but the deductible would have been $200-500 ...

I'm just glad that everything was ok - and I'm VERY VERY careful (almost paranoid) now about making sure my HA is safe and ALWAYS in it's case in my purse when not in my ear (or dry&store)

I accidentally put them in with the wash. They looked nice, just didn't work.

I was about 10, must be in 1980. When I hopped into the zero gravity rider. It began round and round, all of a sudden that my HA fell off from my ear!!! It landed down on the floored street. Those stampeders were all over on it and it was broken. Someone picked up and was in the air, showing who belonged to? I saw it and knew it was mine and grabbed it. :(

RIDE-ZERO%20GRAVITY.jpg

I was about 10, must be in 1980. When I hopped into the zero gravity rider. It began round and round, all of a sudden that my HA fell off from my ear!!! It landed down on the floored street. Those stampeders were all over on it and it was broken. Someone picked up and was in the air, showing who belonged to? I saw it and knew it was mine and grabbed it. :(

I loved that ride as a kid!! But yeah that's about how I felt about his :(

I got VERY close to having mine run over by a car! (and I'm an adult !!)

Basically I was wearing my HA in the car - and it was hot & sweaty so I took it off, and put it ontop of my purse ... forgot about it. Parked the car, went into grab a coffee at a coffee place, then get back in the car and was driving away when I realised that I hadn't put my HA back in it's case (IN my purse) or back on my head ! Stopped driving - searched frantically ... no HA (AARRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!)

quickly drove back to where I had got coffee ... and as I'm driving up to the spot I was in before (thankfully with the drivers side against a curb /grass area) ...there was my HA laying on the cement - thankfully dry, undamaged. I brushed it off, put it back in and thankfully it was perfectly ok.

I think I aged 5years in those 5mins - and I very nearly had a combination heart attack & panic attack all in one.

There's no way I would have been able to replace the HA because I'd just gone on short term disability due to a car accident and my income had been cut from 100% to 75% (no room for anything aside from basics - the coffee was a HUGE "treat"). The HA was on my apt insurance, but the deductible would have been $200-500 ...

I'm just glad that everything was ok - and I'm VERY VERY careful (almost paranoid) now about making sure my HA is safe and ALWAYS in it's case in my purse when not in my ear (or dry&store)

If I had only dropped them about two steps back... they'd have been on the curb or closer to it, so no one could run them over :( :( ugh the timing is what SUCKS the most... *sigh*

I used to have hearing aids. During my middle school year, I couldn't stand wearing it and gave them to my mother's dog. Couple of days, my mother asked me where is my hearing aids. I told her - I lost it, and she confront me by show me the dog poop with hearing aids equipment inside.

I told her, I guess my dog thought it was a toy.

:bowlol::funny::laugh2:

My mom said that when I was around 3 and she was giving me a bath, while she was looking, I grabbed my hearing aids (those box aids) that had been lying on top of the toilet seat and dunked them in the bath water. Guess, I thought they needed a bath. LOL! My mom, of course, freaked out and tried drying them out in a towel and called up the manufacturer, I believe. They told her to take it apart and blow-dry it carefully with a hair-dryer. It worked and the hearing aids worked just fine. :P :dance2: :cheers:

Yeah been there, done it and got the tee shirt!

1. ate by a dog
2. dug up on a beach
3. fell off a bike, HA fell out onto road then ran over by a car
4. swam with them in swimming pool (countless times)
5. washed them (they got left in my pockets)

Since i got the implant,

1. drenched in sea water when I was racing on boat, Didn't have a single moment to take them off. Stuck it in dri and store, it was fine next day!

2. flew off my ears when i was on zip wire and nearly lost it in big pile of damp wood chips.

3. dropped them many times on slabs.

:laugh2::bowlol::bowlol::laugh2: Boy, your parents must have had so many "heart attacks" with you. Haha.

So haven't heard back from the Audi yet... but Adam's teacher said when she took his HA's to the Audi on Saturday-- she hooked them up and thinks we'll have to send them off to be repaired... :( :(

He has ONE spare (from his original pair) but won't have a power aid-- unless she's got a spare one he can use while we're at his testing... I mean I'm assuming they're going to want him aided when he goes for his speech eval and aural rehab testing???

(at least his power aid SHOULD still be under the service plan... he got it last September (the day after adoption) so maybe it won't be much to fix the other one... ) I'm going to go :barf: now... my nerves are shot over this whole ordeal--- and the testing Wed/Thurs... What crappy timing mom has!!! Couldn't have got his aids run over NEXT week huh???

So haven't heard back from the Audi yet... but Adam's teacher said when she took his HA's to the Audi on Saturday-- she hooked them up and thinks we'll have to send them off to be repaired... :( :(

He has ONE spare (from his original pair) but won't have a power aid-- unless she's got a spare one he can use while we're at his testing... I mean I'm assuming they're going to want him aided when he goes for his speech eval and aural rehab testing???

(at least his power aid SHOULD still be under the service plan... he got it last September (the day after adoption) so maybe it won't be much to fix the other one... ) I'm going to go :barf: now... my nerves are shot over this whole ordeal--- and the testing Wed/Thurs... What crappy timing mom has!!! Couldn't have got his aids run over NEXT week huh???

If the molds are ok, maybe they have something at the Children's Hospital they can hook up for his testing.

Back