who do you think that really killed Jesus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was watching Passion of Christ last week which I own the movie of Passion of Christ, there something that got my attention in that movie, since I know the sins of humanity got Jesus killed, and the accusers who were Jews and the Religious leaders who had a long time bitterness against Jesus.

What got my attention was a few things, the Romans for one, he had the power to release Jesus he also had the power to crucify Jesus when he found no faults of Jesus's wrong doing, then why did he turned Jesus over to the Religious Leaders??

He stated after he washed his hands that he was innocent of the blood of this person, that person is Jesus. How can he be innocent when he let the Religious Leaders to do whatever they want to Jesus? This is what I don't understand.

And his two followers Judas and Peter did not even stood up for Jesus as Judas betrayed Jesus and Peter denied Jesus 3 times. Jesus told the Roman that his world was not in this world because if it was his people will defend him. So that means they're responsible too?

So I think everyone (the sins of humanity, the Jews who made assumptions, the Romans, the Religious Leaders, Jesus's followers and Satan) are primary responsible of Jesus's death.

So what do you think?

I was watching Passion of Christ last week which I own the movie of Passion of Christ, there something that got my attention in that movie, since I know the sins of humanity got Jesus killed, and the accusers who were Jews and the Religious leaders who had a long time bitterness against Jesus.

What got my attention was a few things, the Romans for one, he had the power to release Jesus he also had the power to crucify Jesus when he found no faults of Jesus's wrong doing, then why did he turned Jesus over to the Religious Leaders??

He stated after he washed his hands that he was innocent of the blood of this person, that person is Jesus. How can he be innocent when he let the Religious Leaders to do whatever they want to Jesus? This is what I don't understand.

And his two followers Judas and Peter did not even stood up for Jesus as Judas betrayed Jesus and Peter denied Jesus 3 times. Jesus told the Roman that his world was not in this world because if it was his people will defend him. So that means they're responsible too?

So I think everyone (the sins of humanity, the Jews who made assumptions, the Romans, the Religious Leaders, Jesus's followers and Satan) are primary responsible of Jesus's death.

So what do you think?

Who is responsible for Jesus's death? The answer is "all sinners" which is all the human beings that has and will live on this earth. Those above that you mentioned were instruments that God used to bring about Jesus's death so we all can be forgiven of sins and one day be with Him in heaven as long as we obey his will.

Who is responsible for Jesus's death? The answer is "all sinners" which is all the human beings that has and will live on this earth. Those above that you mentioned were instruments that God used to bring about Jesus's death so we all can be forgiven of sins and one day be with Him in heaven as long as we obey his will.

Yes I know it was the sufficient payment for all our sins but we did not put Jesus through the horrific experience of abuse and crucifield, he suffered a great ordeal and we didn't demanded it, it was those people I listed above.

Yes I know it was the sufficient payment for all our sins but we did not put Jesus through the horrific experience of abuse and crucifield, he suffered a great ordeal and we didn't demanded it, it was those people I listed above.

If you really want to get to basic, he allowed himself to be killed. He didn't have to leave heaven and give his life for us but he did cause he loved all human beings. The reason was because of all human beings have sinned and God is unable to stand sin. His death was a way to remove sin from human beings so that God can allow those who obeyed his laws into heaven one day.

God brought Jesus on earth to die for our sins, it was God's plans all along.

If you really want to get to basic, he allowed himself to be killed. He didn't have to leave heaven and give his life for us but he did cause he loved all human beings. The reason was because of all human beings have sinned and God is unable to stand sin. His death was a way to remove sin from human beings so that God can allow those who obeyed his laws into heaven one day.

:gpost: I think you said it a whole lot better than I did.

He committed suicided by allowed himself to be murdered by us. He knew what he was doing by stayed there in first place.

Or if He was a truly God, then He would never die and stuck with us for another 2 thousand years in human body.

...So I think everyone (the sins of humanity, the Jews who made assumptions, the Romans, the Religious Leaders, Jesus's followers and Satan) are primary responsible of Jesus's death.

So what do you think?
Yes, we are all responsible for the death of Jesus. If we weren't sinners, Jesus would not have to die. It was our sins that put Jesus on the cross. It was His love for us that kept Him there until death.

He committed suicided by allowed himself to be murdered by us. He knew what he was doing by stayed there in first place.

Or if He was a truly God, then He would never die and stuck with us for another 2 thousand years in human body.

No, Jesus DID NOT commit suicide...no,no not at all. He died for
our sins, thats all.

You all are missing my point, I already know all that you said, please tell me something that I do not know, none of you had answered my questions I listed a few questions on my first post.

Listen, at the begin of the movie Passion of Christ, Jesus was praying he was afraid tell me why?? Because he can see what is going to happen to him? How he will be stoned, how he will be abused, how he will be nailed to the cross? I know he did it for us when he did not have to, but that's not the point that I'm trying to say in other words, It was them who made the decision to do the things to Jesus, we weren't there to cheer along and shout to kill Jesus were we? No.

You all are missing my point, I already know all that you said, please tell me something that I do not know, none of you had answered my questions I listed a few questions on my first post.

Listen, at the begin of the movie Passion of Christ, Jesus was praying he was afraid tell me why?? Because he can see what is going to happen to him? How he will be stoned, how he will be abused, how he will be nailed to the cross? I know he did it for us when he did not have to, but that's not the point that I'm trying to say in other words, It was them who made the decision to the things to Jesus, we weren't there to cheer along and shout to kill Jesus were we? No.

no, we were not there to cheer them along and etc. Like i said.. they were instruments of God to bring about his death. God always takes the bad actions of people and turn them into good use. God knew that Satan would turn the heart of people at that time to get them to kill Jesus cause they were jealous and scared of Jesus. If they really knew the Bible, they would have seen him for who he is but they were power hungry and saw Jesus as a threat to their power thinking that Jesus would eventually overtake them. We know today that Jesus had no intention of doing that but cause of their fear, they wanted Jesus dead.

Does that answer your question?

... It was them who made the decision to the things to Jesus, we weren't there to cheer along and shout to kill Jesus were we? No.
We weren't physically standing there at that time but we are still equally guilty. Just like in the law today. Two guys go to rob a bank. One guy sits in the get away car, and the other goes inside the bank. The guy inside the bank shoots and kills the bank teller. In the eyes of the law, both guys are guilty of murder. In the commission of a crime, the hands of all are guilty even though it was only the hand of one that pulled the trigger. The actions of each guy were different but the guilt was equal.

Also, how many of us can truly say that if we had been present at the crucifixion of Jesus, that we wouldn't have been cheering and calling for the death of Jesus? Our unsaved hearts are the same as those in the chests of the unsaved crowd standing around the cross. It's only thru the salvation of Jesus that we no longer have His blood on our hands.

You see many posts here at AD that mock the deity of Jesus still. Are people really different now than 2,000 years ago?

We weren't physically standing there at that time but we are still equally guilty. Just like in the law today. Two guys go to rob a bank. One guy sits in the get away car, and the other goes inside the bank. The guy inside the bank shoots and kills the bank teller. In the eyes of the law, both guys are guilty of murder. In the commission of a crime, the hands of all are guilty even though it was only the hand of one that pulled the trigger. The actions of each guy were different but the guilt was equal.

Also, how many of us can truly say that if we had been present at the crucifixion of Jesus, that we wouldn't have been cheering and calling for the death of Jesus? Our unsaved hearts are the same as those in the chests of the unsaved crowd standing around the cross. It's only thru the salvation of Jesus that we no longer have His blood on our hands.

You see many posts here at AD that mock the deity of Jesus still. Are people really different now than 2,000 years ago?

Very good posting. Very well put!!

no, we were not there to cheer them along and etc. Like i said.. they were instruments of God to bring about his death. God always takes the bad actions of people and turn them into good use. God knew that Satan would turn the heart of people at that time to get them to kill Jesus cause they were jealous and scared of Jesus. If they really knew the Bible, they would have seen him for who he is but they were power hungry and saw Jesus as a threat to their power thinking that Jesus would eventually overtake them. We know today that Jesus had no intention of doing that but cause of their fear, they wanted Jesus dead.

Does that answer your question?

Kinda of, but what I don't understand why he had worse than those other two men who were on the cross with Jesus? None of this makes sense he wasn't a murder, those people hate him so much that they cause so much pains to Jesus but why? Cuz of what he said that he was the son of God that made them turned into a monster? How is that even bad to compare to someone who is a criminal?

They also wanted Barabbas to be free, I thought they are out of their minds.

Kinda of, but what I don't understand why he had worse than those other two men who were on the cross with Jesus? None of this makes sense he wasn't a murder, those people hate him so much that they cause so much pains to Jesus but why? Cuz of what he said that he was the son of God that made them turned into a monster? How is that even bad to compare to someone who is a criminal?

They also wanted Barabbas to be free, I thought they are out of their minds.

I'm sure other 2 got just as bad of beating as Jesus did. Remember Jesus willingly received the whole wrath of God that was intented for us.

Being crucified on cross was not just being nailed to the cross. They did few things before being nailed on the cross in order to increase the suffering of person being crucified. They would destroy their back into shreads knowing that they would be rubbing against the beam. They even would habitually break their legs while on the cross so that they can't breath while hanging there so they literally suffocate to death. It was a death penalty that was so awful that it was illegal to crucify a roman citizen.

Yes I see that some of those people today are no better than those people in the past, but some of us have common sense to know the differences between right and wrong, As being a sinner my heart isn't that cold as those people who had done what they did to Jesus I would not even agreed to crucify Jesus because I would not see how he had done wrong, he was no criminal through my eyes.

Yes I see that some of those people today are no better than those people in the past, but some of us have common sense to know the differences between right and wrong, As being a sinner my heart isn't that cold as those people who had done what they did to Jesus I would not even agreed to crucify Jesus because I would not see how he had done wrong, he was no criminal through my eyes. Do you?

Even in the crowd of people that was demanding Jesus to be crucified, there were people demanding Jesus to be released also. However, the jewish leaders were doing all they can to get Jesus to be crucified. There is no different then as they are today. Some are cold and heartless while others try to do what's right as best as they can.

Cheri - I did not see that movie but I had old movie that own by my dad.

Little silly here.... we need to watch "Discovery" to see how does Jesus really killed ?? ;)

All I know that the bible are written by men of GOD, by the history that Jesus died on the cross for our sins, But the Romans soilder had him nailed on a cross. Remember the Romans back history were very meanie soilder. But weren't born there time but we learn from history of the bible that happens in their times.

Wow, thats pretty interesting to learn. :)

Cheri, thanks for this thread! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back