Which to buy Laptop for travelling

If you recommended Macbook (laptop), in real life you don't have OWN macbook (laptop). whats your point about special macbook?

I using laptop for 7 years without desptop. laptop fallen in love with me already. I have three laptops ( i will selling two laptops soon). anyway I am still using laptop which is COMPAQ R4000 for 2 years without problems.

Hi Sir / Madam,

I am using web design, photography and video editing for travelling. the weight have to be less than 2.4kg. which laptop do you recommend me to buy?

thanks for helping
cheers
Dude
I know you aren't rich to get macbook (laptop). You did not tell me, How much $$ you can afford to buy laptop? just imply..

tablet PC (laptop) is great for travel.

If you recommended Macbook (laptop), in real life you don't have OWN macbook (laptop). whats your point about special macbook?

I using laptop for 7 years without desptop. laptop fallen in love with me already. I have three laptops ( i will selling two laptops soon). anyway I am still using laptop which is COMPAQ R4000 for 2 years without problems.

I know you aren't rich to get macbook (laptop). You did not tell me, How much $$ you can afford to buy laptop? just imply..

tablet PC (laptop) is great for travel.

At first, MacBook isn't special products for consumers, it's just regular laptop for consumers and anyone can get MacBook if they are in love with Mac OS X. Mac OS X is other operating system that's contain different feature, code, unix based and more difference over Windows, it's based on their preference.

If you prefer to use Windows, that's fine with you, just your choice. There's some info about Mac OS X below but again, it's not special OS.
Apple - Get a Mac

This creator don't mention if pick Mac or Windows, we are just guess if it doesn't matters to pick it, plus you said PC is cheaper than Mac, that's totally not true, if cheaper PC laptop then that means have poor to mediocre motherboard with slower CPU, minimum RAM and usually no dedicated graphic chipset but expensive PC laptop like $1,000 or above are usually has better motherboard, faster CPU as MacBook does, more RAM like 2GB and varies contains dedicated graphic chipset. MacBook is just other known of Sony SZ Series at nearly comparable price and MacBook Pro is just compare to high end PC laptop at comparable price.

If I was you, I'm avoiding to buy Compaq, eMachine, Getaway and some portion of HP due quality issue and recovery CD issue.

At first, MacBook isn't special products for consumers, it's just regular laptop for consumers and anyone can get MacBook if they are in love with Mac OS X. Mac OS X is other operating system that's contain different feature, code, unix based and more difference over Windows, it's based on their preference.

If you prefer to use Windows, that's fine with you, just your choice. There's some info about Mac OS X below but again, it's not special OS.
Apple - Get a Mac

This creator don't mention if pick Mac or Windows, we are just guess if it doesn't matters to pick it, plus you said PC is cheaper than Mac, that's totally not true, if cheaper PC laptop then that means have poor to mediocre motherboard with slower CPU, minimum RAM and usually no dedicated graphic chipset but expensive PC laptop like $1,000 or above are usually has better motherboard, faster CPU as MacBook does, more RAM like 2GB and varies contains dedicated graphic chipset. MacBook is just other known of Sony SZ Series at nearly comparable price and MacBook Pro is just compare to high end PC laptop at comparable price.

If I was you, I'm avoiding to buy Compaq, eMachine, Getaway and some portion of HP due quality issue and recovery CD issue.
don't insult my rational! PacMan, blah, blah on and on like Pacman's mouth eat the boring dots on arcade. I ignore your opinions and judgments (yawn), because you and others are immature pushy people to get mac. Because you people saying mac is better. due the way deaf's culture. i tell you mac is nothing better than other pc period. You expect everybuyers get mac on earth to beat MS's PC. but You don't realize that people who can't afford to buy mac. I know mac is not the high end pc on the top. what is about mac stuffs? what make mac is so special? *roll eyes* I know you are not richer. I bet that you totally can't afford to buy the high end cars like ferreri, Gallardo, Benz, Hummer.

In international airport, people always carry hp and dell laptop when they watch movie on laptop what I noticed.

don't insult my rational! PacMan, blah, blah on and on like Pacman's mouth eat the boring dots on arcade. I ignore your opinions and judgments (yawn), because you and others are immature pushy people to get mac. Because you people saying mac is better. due the way deaf's culture. i tell you mac is nothing better than other pc period. You expect everybuyers get mac on earth to beat MS's PC. but You don't realize that people who can't afford to buy mac. I know mac is not the high end pc on the top. what is about mac stuffs? what make mac is so special? *roll eyes* I know you are not richer. I bet that you totally can't afford to buy the high end cars like ferreri, Gallardo, Benz, Hummer.

In international airport, people always carry hp and dell laptop when they watch movie on laptop what I noticed.

Alienware (PC) > Mac
That's for sure :rofl:

immature pushy people to get mac.

How was he being immature?

i tell you mac is nothing better than other pc period.

Explain why, please.

but You don't realize that people who can't afford to buy mac. I know mac is not the high end pc on the top.

That's a misconception. For the quality hardware and bundled software, the price evens out. No need to buy MS Office, Anti-virus software, spyware programs, etc.

what is about mac stuffs? what make mac is so special?

Pacman already gave one good reason: OS X.

So? HP and Dell are the world's largest computer manufacturers. The majority of people use PCs. That doesn't prove anything. A lot of people drive a Ford, but that doesn't make Ford better than a Lexus.

Have you actually even tried using a Mac?

mac air is a laptop for girly men.

Which would you prefer to carry a heavy 20 pounds laptop while you was walking around, or a light 3 pounds laptop which save your energy?

I just don't see light weight would make anyone as girlish, the men do need break too lol :roll:

MacBook Air
mbpro_applesfera_delante.jpg

World's thinnest laptop, it weights only 3 pounds, maximum battery is 5 hours, and cost about $1,700, and another option is $3,000.

It is coming out in two weeks from now.

Source: MacBook Air

I hate mac I prefer pc

Some people have their own choices of what they like. It's kinda like prefer an American car over Japanese car, again it's their own choice. If they hate Mac, that's fine with them, not my problem.

Either MacBook or MacBook Pro is what I would recommend. The reason why I am not too thrilled with MacBook Air is because it lacks an optical drive (CD/DVD reader/writer). You can buy a superdrive (CD/DVD writer) for $99 but you would have to plug it in an USB port. What if you travel and forget the accessory at home?

An optical drive is a MUST for me.

Not only that, the battery is non-user replaceable meaning you will have to send it to Apple to get it done. It's the same with iPods.

So, I wouldn't recommend MacBook Air.

even if you use the remote disc that you can download anything from your PC or MAC while you are away ... I would think this is good for travelling just for short time not a heavy user to use it all the time. smile... I think it's a cool one .... smile

I have more cons than pros about MacBook Air because of slower HDD with ATA (IDE), slower CPU than MacBook, no FireWire port and charge an extra for superdrive, remote control and external ethernet USB.

I would pick MacBook or MacBook Pro over MacBook Air.

Wait til Apple would make better slimmer laptop in near future to get all fits.

firewire means what?? well again I don't think for the purpose of this not to be a heavy user for all programs i think??

Well simply put, they can't please everyone lol!!!!

even if you use the remote disc that you can download anything from your PC or MAC while you are away ... I would think this is good for travelling just for short time not a heavy user to use it all the time. smile... I think it's a cool one .... smile

It's pretty neat, I will admit but it definitely wouldn't meet my needs. But I do think the battery being non-user replaceable is something many will issue with.

Back