• Microsoft Vista

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Microsoft XP

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Linux

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If softwares for linux would improve their graphics instead of reminding me of win3.1, I would pick Linux.

Have you tried using different themes or skins? Linux looks modern to me...

Wirelessly posted

Linux itself is fine...but the open source softwares for linux seem outdated. I mean, I am not really impress with open office but that's just one of the example. I know it is free though.

XP- Recently moved on to a MAc but XP have been causing me alot of plms even now which is so annoying. Can't wait to have my Mac again soon. :)

I own a Pc which is running XP- but recently moved on to a Mac as had been using mac for a year or 2 till it had gone for a repair! but XP have been causing me alot of plms even now which is so annoying. Can't wait to have my Mac again soon. :)

I use linux for my home servers and programming, but being a teenage kid, I am forced to use windows 7 for games. I'll admit I haven't tried WINE in awhile, but last time I did it was not a pretty experience xD

In my opinion, they all have specific uses and some may work for some people while some not for others. I like linux for the challenged, the accomplished feeling you get when you solve a problem you've been working on for a couple days now.

Off the record if you don't mind:

I was really surprised that Steve Jobs decided to stop making its Apple server hardwares. The flat ones that give you the rooms for a shelf as a rack server frame. I am aware that G5 desktops can use it as a server but not quite perfect. What's wrong with the Xserver towers?

Off the record if you don't mind:

I was really surprised that Steve Jobs decided to stop making its Apple server hardwares. The flat ones that give you the rooms for a shelf as a rack server frame. I am aware that G5 desktops can use it as a server but not quite perfect. What's wrong with the Xserver towers?

I think it's being replaced by this one?

Apple - Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server

Just made the switch from Vista to Windows 7. So far, so good. Preferred Vista to XP.

I'm partial to Macs but I don't own one now. I prefer Windows 7 to Vista.

I'm partial to Macs but I don't own one now. I prefer Windows 7 to Vista.

I think I do, too. I've only been using it for a couple of weeks. But, then, I liked Vista even though I know a lot of people that hated it.

I have always owned PCs. I've used Macs that I didn't own, and I guess I just never really got used to them.

I think I do, too. I've only been using it for a couple of weeks. But, then, I liked Vista even though I know a lot of people that hated it.

I have always owned PCs. I've used Macs that I didn't own, and I guess I just never really got used to them.

When Vista first came out, I went and bought it. I can see why people didn't like it since it was little annoying. However they improved it alot since especially after the service packs.

If you were to own one, you would get used to it quickly. Every OS has a learning curve.

For the record, I hated the Mac classic OS and I prefer the OS X to the Mac Classic OS. The Classic OS was quite unstable.

I liked Vista too but I like Windows 7 better.

If you were to own one, you would get used to it quickly. Every OS has a learning curve.

I'm sure you are right. I guess I am a creature of habit, and keep going back to the PC.:giggle: But you have to give me a break...many people in my age group are computer illiterate!:lol:

For the record, I hated the Mac classic OS and I prefer the OS X to the Mac Classic OS. The Classic OS was quite unstable.

I liked Vista too but I like Windows 7 better.

The Classic is what I have tried to use on other computers. Maybe I should give the X a try next time I am ready to purchase.

I am shocked anyone liked Vista. I HATED it. I almost never get mad....Vista is the reason I have to say almost.

I am shocked anyone liked Vista. I HATED it. I almost never get mad....Vista is the reason I have to say almost.

I can't say I was impressed with Vista because I wasn't, although nothing will ever beat Windows ME. Now that was a bad OS.

I wasn't impressed with Vista either - but Windows 7 is now the best so far, more stable and easy to navigate. XP was good whist it lasted...but Windows 7 is to my liking. :)

Back