Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Microsoft XP

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Linux

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Vote Microsoft Vista ... I have two computer and laptop!.... I like it :D

I enjoy using Linux, but I find I always go back to using Windows, especially when it involves gaming. I guess to be honest, I have never really tried to configure Wine.

A lot of people seem to jump onto the Linux bandwagon, because software is free. But, a lot of open source software that started life on Linux are ported to Windows. So, I guess for the average user, it seems there is little reason to use Linux as an alternative OS.

People also talk about stability. Yeah, I think Linux is stable, especially if I am to compare Linux with Windows 95. But, I think Windows has evolved into a stable OS, too.

:lol: Yeah, Same issue with Wines. I haven't figure out how. I got just couple of old games working but rest of it don't. I got a copy of Cedegna and installed it in Ubuntu. I couldn't figure out how to get it to reconize my game (Myst3 Sequel of Riven which are heavily graphical game tho it's old).

It is true that Linux is improving but need some work with several hardware issue. Webcam is just the beginning for Linux even though Linux based Netbooks is able to use Webcam that works with it.

I noticed that Synapic package manager is improving and less to compile. I'm still stumped trying to compile downloaded file. I only can unzip no problem but here files in folder, I can't seem to figure it out how to install it!!. I just copy and paste commands whenever I find it.

Catty

I hope that all computer makers will sell their LED flat monitors for all computers (both IBM PC and Apple) instead of LCD because the LCD monitor has mercury.

(You know mercury is very toxic if you dump the old LCD in the trash. If we send them to be recycled at the town, they ship them to China to remove the mercury because the Chinese government need the mercury for making bombs and missiles. It is not a good idea.)

Here is example: Apple - LED Cinema Display This LED monitor on this link is only hook up a laptop, not for desktops. I believe that the Apple will provides them for all desktop. :fingersx:

Windows because of alot of gaming support and offers anything what I want.

I enjoy using Linux, but I find I always go back to using Windows, especially when it involves gaming. I guess to be honest, I have never really tried to configure Wine.

A lot of people seem to jump onto the Linux bandwagon, because software is free. But, a lot of open source software that started life on Linux are ported to Windows. So, I guess for the average user, it seems there is little reason to use Linux as an alternative OS.

People also talk about stability. Yeah, I think Linux is stable, especially if I am to compare Linux with Windows 95. But, I think Windows has evolved into a stable OS, too.
The new computer would be left alone with Windows Vista or Windows XP... and for primary use. This computer I'm using now would be converted to Linux for exploratory purposes. :)

I hope that all computer makers will sell their LED flat monitors for all computers (both IBM PC and Apple) instead of LCD because the LCD monitor has mercury.

(You know mercury is very toxic if you dump the old LCD in the trash. If we send them to be recycled at the town, they ship them to China to remove the mercury because the Chinese government need the mercury for making bombs and missiles. It is not a good idea.)

Here is example: Apple - LED Cinema Display This LED monitor on this link is only hook up a laptop, not for desktops. I believe that the Apple will provides them for all desktop. :fingersx:

$899 is rip off, it will take while for more monitors on market to offers LED for cheaper.

I don't care about mercury, we have live with it because of not much choice as you can, unless you can afford expensive monitor with LED.

Where's your source about China? Mercury can't goes direct to trash and need have special disposal.

$899 is rip off, it will take while for more monitors on market to offers LED for cheaper.

I don't care about mercury, we have live with it because of not much choice as you can, unless you can afford expensive monitor with LED.

Where's your source about China? Mercury can't goes direct to trash and need have special disposal.

Yes, I agreed with you, but that's what U.S. government is doing wrong:

60 Minutes crew attacked by angry Chinese | Entertainment | Reuters

Your broken computer is in China’s garbage dump - Editorial/Opinion - CRN Australia

It does not say about China use wastes for weapons, also it's not US government's responsible for this situation, most laws are all up to state about electronic wastes and we don't have any good federal law to take care of electronic waste.

I know China is infamous to burn all electronic wastes, very dangerous for them, ouch.

It does not say about China use wastes for weapons, also it's not US government's responsible for this situation, most laws are all up to state about electronic wastes and we don't have any good federal law to take care of electronic waste.

I know China is infamous to burn all electronic wastes, very dangerous for them, ouch.

:topic:
Yeah, I agree and they'll get cancer. The waste is way too small to make weapons. They can re-use it to make other products and sell back to USA and ever wonder why we get lead tainted toys ect??

(personally, I think it had to do with lead casted die that make toys which is cheaper than steel or iron cast die. Plastics melts in lower heat point than lead so it makes more sense to me. If they make ashtray or hard plastics, they'll use cast iron die)

Catty

Yes, LED in backlit but soon will have OLED replace LCD which just a light that not need background light. that's what I am wait for.

Definitely Mac OS X! I'm absolutely OS X fan! I have MacBook and LOVE IT! But I have Windows Vista HP laptop for my organization. So that HP laptop is for business. =)

I was considered to upgrade Windows Vista but I decided wait til Windows 7 come out.

I like them all. I'll make them work =P but I prefer Mac OS X, its hassle free.

I prefer windows just because I know the ins and outs. However, I really like Linux. It is too bad that I am not able to use onenote with it...

This is an old thread in which I stated that I was using Windows XP as my main OS even though I prefer Linux. Anyway, I have switched to Linux (Ubuntu) as my primary OS, which I have been using for several months. And, I can't remember the last time I used Windows.

At the time, I also stated I use Windows for gaming, which prevented me from switching to Linux. Well, I have discovered that Wine actually works quite well for gaming, too. Linux seems to be evolving very quickly.

Linux. All the way. (Even though I use Windows XP on my main box.)

Specifically? Ubuntu Server Edition.

Yes, you read that right. Ubuntu Server Edition as my desktop. (I've done this before too.)

Once I've finished building my computers, I will be switching to Linux and virtualizing Windows, possibly on ALL of my boxes. I'm not entirely sure yet.

Wine? Wine's great. I can probably figure out how to help, as I've experience in playing with Wine.

Have you considered CrossOver?

Never used Crossover. I used to have Windows XP dual booted with Slackware Linux but ever since I got my mac, I've been virtualizing all of them on Parallels. Dont have Windows in virtual mode. Only reason why I'd use Windows at this point is for IMG Burn

The Official ImgBurn Website Which is the best movie burning program in my opinion.

But hardware is not compatible in virtualization, so I might need to use boot camp, but honestly dont see a need. Im fine with the DVD movie ripping tools mac has.

Back