Which one of your classes do or did you HATE most?

taurizs

Reaction score
I hated biology class at school.. what about you?

I wouldn't say "hate" but I struggled with my LINUX class. So far, it was the only B that I got. :(

While it wasnt the class i struggled the most with....i hated biology. My teaxhers tried to make me open animals, i think by time i fainted they got thw point nit to make me open animals.

Home Economics....:giggle:...(teacher was a scrawny, Ms Olive Oyl type)....never married...and thankful she never made a "pass" at me!... excelled in other subjects tho'...

Macroeconomic and Microeconomic - their books are easy to understand but exams/quizzes are extremely hard due to applied knowledge and most students failed those courses.

Accounting - Why would I have to take accounting for IT major? It doesn't make sense so accounting courses have same issue as economic courses above.

Higher mathematics. I can add , subtract, multiply, divide practically any length in my head, but I didn't really grasp the more abstract parts of math.

Macroeconomic and Microeconomic - their books are easy to understand but exams/quizzes are extremely hard due to applied knowledge and most students failed those courses.

Accounting - Why would I have to take accounting for IT major? It doesn't make sense so accounting courses have same issue as economic courses above.
Thanks for the heads-up on macro; I still have to take it. :giggle:

I had forgotten about accounting since I took that decades ago. I didn't like that one either. Ugh!

I.... don't know. it's been so long since I went to school :lol:

Higher mathematics. I can add , subtract, multiply, divide practically any length in my head, but I didn't really grasp the more abstract parts of math.

I can dig it. I dreaded algebra classes during high school and barely passed those. Yeesh. Then in college I equally dreaded the required algebra classes and with good reason because I flunked the first two tests. The teacher suggested I drop the course and repeat it the next semester. I complained about my lack of intelligence to my landlord, who taught engineering at the same college. He tutored me for a week and demanded I do all the homework problems I was assigned. To make a long story short, during a moment while I was trying to solve an algebra problem, something "clicked" inside me and the feeling was indescribable, a sort of euphoria and Eureka moment. I finally UNDERSTOOD!
I aced all my tests thereafter.
Weird, I know, but there you have it.

any and all math

gym

Home Ec and Wood shop - both of which I had to take in what was called middle school where I am - 7th and 8th grade.
I had to take Home Economics in the 7th grade and didn't understand the instructions and had to make a apron, which I didn't understand the math <measurements> for that either. I had motor skills problems with the sewing machines.
In 8th grade, same set of problems<had to make a small wall shelf with a mirror as part of it, for the Wood shop class>, different topic.
Those were also the years I was really physically bullied and was scared all the time, and in both those classes we often had to share equipment and/or wait for our turn, so other students watched while one or a few students used the machines. I was slow and awkward and didn't understand much of anything and having the other students watching just made my performance worse, and added fuel to the bullying later.

I forgot...P.E., i disnt even get my associate degree just so i could avoid the P.E. classes.

It was not the subjects I hated , it was the teachers teaching them. It made a world of difference when you have a teacher you like.

Biology was not bad... have some struggles with algebra and above. The classes depends on how teacher helps and work with you. My high school biology teacher was nice and helpful to make me understand clearer.

Biology was not bad... have some struggles with algebra and above. The classes depends on how teacher helps and work with you. My high school biology teacher was nice and helpful to make me understand clearer.

I agree it has a lot to with the teachers , I had a math teacher in fifth grade that was a real bitch. She knew I had a hard time with math and would call me to the blackboard to do a math problem knowing I could not do it. The teacher kept me after school and let the rest of students go home . My older sister came to looking for me and my bitchy teacher said to my sister " Your sister want to sleep in school all night and I am having a bed send up for her!" God , I hated that bitch like HELL!!

I hated Chemistry...I just couldn't understand it for the life of me and then I am expected to teach basic chemistry. That was when I finally started understanding a bit of it. lol

Economics-- took that in HS, and while I struggled at times, I did pass with a fairly high grade. The hardest part was taking the US and State Constitution tests again, and I had no problems whatsoever, surprisingly, and aced both tests with a high grade.

I'm your worst nightmare, that's what I majored in! :D

What really had trouble keeping my attention was government and statistics. Ironically they go hand in hand using the same reordering method. Matter of fact, even on AD we all love to throw a percentage or two in our discussion, in order to make our arguments more bullett proof! :laugh2:

Economics-- took that in HS, and while I struggled at times, I did pass with a fairly high grade. The hardest part was taking the US and State Constitution tests again, and I had no problems whatsoever, surprisingly, and aced both tests with a high grade.

Yes but economic courses in college is worse, especially if you take those at UAB.

I'm your worst nightmare, that's what I majored in! :D

What really had trouble keeping my attention was government and statistics. Ironically they go hand in hand using the same reordering method. Matter of fact, even on AD we all love to throw a percentage or two in our discussion, in order to make our arguments more bullett proof! :laugh2:

OMG, my balls hurt!!! You kicked my balls. :-o

At first, I thought accounting wasn't bad in other college, but I started dislike after failed the accounting course, so had to withdrew. My academic advisor and my professor told me that accounting courses have higher rate of failure, along with economic and other business courses at UAB. If you aren't student at UAB so you are good. If accounting was my major, I will go to other university that where have low failure rate, or more lesser, community college.

Yes, government and statistic could be hard.

Back