Where did AIDS come from?

I would rather have safe sex with a man who had safe sex with a man than have unsafe sex with a man who didn't. The issue isn't sexual orientation, its condom use.

but Aids very dangerous and i think sex need more safe like as using on condoms all the times if without condoms will become AIDS already!

Right, another way is to only have 1 sex partner and get checked every soo offten, like every 6 months. My wife and I don't use protection, but we only have sex with each other. We are also careful if we need to help someone that is bleeding. She don't like that kind of work, so she don't touch blood, and I, if I have too, I put on rubber gloves, no matter if I have a cut or not on my hands. Then again, I have not really helped that many ppl that are bleeding.

AIDS is a human disease. It came from Humans. HIV is a human disease.
Virus causes all of this.

AIDS is a human disease but that doesn't mean the catalyst into which it became a human disease didn't exist (albeit in another form) in other animals, like chimpanzees, who share 98% of our DNA

And guess what, all of them were and are homosexuals. Concidence? Maybe. No one straight in my small world, who I knew of, got HIV+ or AIDS as of yet... rather interesting.

Did you know that 2/3rds of HIV infections worldwide are attributed to heterosexual sex, 5-10% to males having sex with males, and virtually 0% for females having sex with females?

i had always heard it started in Africa. the people there eat monkeys and other animals that carry a lot of diseases. and from what i remember it mutated or migrated to people from eating monkeys. right now eating monkeys is supposed to be illegal in Africa because of the diseases it can carry but it is still going on with monkeys, apes and other wild animals being sold. no one knows for sure but that is supposed to be the most definite. i also remember it was first spread worldwide from a gay flight attendant.

AIDS is a human disease but that doesn't mean the catalyst into which it became a human disease didn't exist (albeit in another form) in other animals, like chimpanzees, who share 98% of our DNA

Did you know that 2/3rds of HIV infections worldwide are attributed to heterosexual sex, 5-10% to males having sex with males, and virtually 0% for females having sex with females?

Source

Worldwide HIV & AIDS Statistics Commentary

Under 'How people become infected with HIV'

I still believe AIDS developed by gay men.

Fortunately what you believe, and what is fact, are not interchangeable.

I don't beleve AIDS were from Monkey.... if that is true, then why not kill all the monkeys

It wouldn't solve the current problem, that's why. If AIDS originated from chimpanzees, that doesn't mean the current epidemic is the consequence of chimpanzees. Cross-species contamination does happen, killing off all other species is certainly not the solution.

Ahhh...someone who takes the time to be well informed.:ty:

And that does not include the cases that are attributable to exposure other than through sexual contact.

From Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

U.S. Stats
Diagnoses of HIV Infection by Transmission Category

Six common transmission categories are male-to-male sexual contact, injection drug use, male-to-male sexual contact and injection drug use, heterosexual contact, mother-to-child (perinatal) transmission, and other (includes blood transfusions and unknown cause).

Following is the distribution of the estimated number of diagnoses of HIV infection among adults and adolescents in the 37 states with confidential name-based HIV infection reporting, by transmission category. A breakdown by sex is provided where appropriate.

Transmission Category Estimated Number of Diagnoses of HIV Infection, 2008
Adult and Adolescent Males Adult and Adolescent Females Total
Male-to-male sexual contact 22,469 - 22,469
Injection drug use 2,539 1,571 4,110
Male-to-male sexual contact and injection drug use 1,141 - 1,141
Heterosexual contact* 4,496 8,684 13,180
Other** 110 77 187

* Heterosexual contact with a person known to have, or to be at high risk for, HIV infection.
** Includes hemophilia, blood transfusion, perinatal exposure, and risk not reported or not identified.

Problem with your stats. They are skewed. Firstly, the CDC stats are several years behind. Secondly, not all states have reporting requirements, so those individuals are not included in the count.

Stats were released March 2010 and are more accurate than projections.

Yeah I am sure if you add the 13 states not reporting the MSM transmission rate drops from over 50% to 5-10%....... :laugh2:

Yeah I am sure if you add the 13 states not reporting the MSM transmission rate drops from over 50% to 5-10%....... :laugh2:

Are you sure you're sure? Reported March 2010. Stats are from previous years.

Since you are only infected once, there is only one etiology possible. Either/or. Can't be both.

Since you are only infected once, there is only one etiology possible. Either/or. Can't be both.

Perhaps you don't understand %. :laugh2:

adding the 13 non reporting states would not drop the MSM transmission rate from 52% down to 5-10%.....

Back