When you was a kid and being picky to eat?

Well, there was one food item that I didn't like when I was a teenager (and I still don't like). That was abalone. It was too strong tasting to me, and I figured that any food that had to be beaten with a mallet in order to become edible just wasn't worth the effort and expense. But I liked the pretty shell that it came in. :lol:

I'm not too keen about calamari either, especially since the time I ate one and the breading fell off so I could clearly see the tentacles. Ugh!

I used to hate calamari,, now I like fried. But I still hate feta goat cheese! eww:cool2:

Dislike onions (like garlic better instead) , raw tomatoes, raw carrots (prefer cooked carrots)...

ah I love raw carrots,, used to eat alot of them in high school in the dorm for snacking and add peanut butter on it same with celery stick heee. :naughty::cool2:

I dislike cauliflower but I do like broccoli with cheddar cheese...

well, I used to hate cauliflower,, but I don't anymore. Somehow after trying to eat it again learned to get used to it and it healthy. I guess now I like healthy veggies even if it does not look very yummy on the outside of it. heee:naughty:

I used to hate calamari,, now I like fried. But I still hate feta goat cheese! eww:cool2:

I love calamari. anyway another topic.

First of all, My personal def of 'picky' is one who ony eats few things out of fear of trying something new. Also scientific shows taste buds less stimulated after adolescence. So that being said- I grew up with siblings that fit this category big time. The thing is they still carry the trait into adulthood being afraid of new things (trying them) and its annoying to go to reunion or just family dinner and have to think "oh wait, they wont eat that"

I really don't ever being "afraid" to try a food I haven't eaten. Of course there are things I don't like, but its because I at least gave it a chance and tried it. If I haven't had it, I just tell people "I dunno, haven't tasted it yet" My ex spouse was very equivalent in this idea and we got to try so many things from other places that are just "taboo" in USA

When I was kid, i hate ham and lunch meat sandwiches, i still do.

I was a very finicky eater and still am to a certain point. As for the liver, I can still smell it and it nauseates me to this day.

A couple of my favorites are creamed corn and Noodle and Tuna.

Another thing, if the cheese doesn't say American cheese, I won't touch it. Cheese food is NOT cheese. Look at your labels.

YUCK. I don't like. I like some juicy meat. my parents thought i was nuts

You're very picky girl! LoL I love to eat a bologna N Cheese sandwich when I was kid. I still like it. But I am using Lite Bologna because I need to cut the fat. Are you Vegetarian?

You're very picky girl! LoL I love to eat a bologna N Cheese sandwich when I was kid. I still like it. But I am using Lite Bologna because I need to cut the fat. Are you Vegetarian?

once one wk. with my best friend, she was vegetarian but i can't live without meat because my health.

once one wk. with my best friend, she was vegetarian but i can't live without meat because my health.

One of my daughters is a vegetarian and it is really hard to cook dinner for her when she visits.

lol, I'm picky when it come to meat..

I hate ham, chicken, hot dog, and else..

I looovvveee green peas, carrots, and else lol..

I thought I can become vegetarian so my parents can stop feeding yucky meat!
(that was over night decision lol!)
since that day, I'm still vegetarian :D (for almost 6 years) :lol:

Now, I'm about 80% vegan diet.. trying to become pure vegan someday ;)

I wouldn't eat anything green except for Green Beans as a kid...but now, lol I'll eat green stuff like Salad which I love, green beans and so on.

I still won't eat peas or asparagus...never liked it as infant and still don't like it. lol Some taste never changes.

Back