When you was a kid and being picky to eat?

I forget to tell. I already hate to eat a pickle!!!! I always being picky to eat a pickle in my whole life. When I was at school and eat a snack bar at dorm. I tried to eat a pickle for one bite. I didn't like it. It taste nasty! I didn't like to eat a Devil Eggs. I don't know what they added something in devil eggs. I refuse to eat it. I don't like to eat a potato salad. I really dislike mustard.

I used to be picky to eat an onion. Now I like it because I know how to make fresh salsa. I don't like the raw onion every on hamburger and sandwich. I am not Onion's lover! I like Garlic more than Onion.

Oh pickles? :barf: I used to hate pickles too and still do.

I forgot deviled eggs, potato salad, and pickles. I still don't like them as an adult.

We kids (my sisters and I) knew better than to be picky - there were times we had no choice but to eat out of a dumpster behind a restaurant. I learned the hard way to be thankful for my food.

Yea..makes your perspective different from us who never experienced this. I am sorry that you had to go through that.

As for me, I hated most veggies growing up. Now, I love most of them. Go figure!

I hated lima beans and still do! My mother would make them as a side for dinner almost all the time. She practically made me eat them until I gagged! Still to this day, I don't eat lima beans

As for me, I hated most veggies growing up. Now, I love most of them. Go figure!

Same here. :)

I remember when I was a toddler, I'd wrap the vegs I disliked in a napkin and go outside in the yard and search for places to hide my 'evidence' :lol:

But I remember that I liked eating salami and few others but now I really dislike them.

Was born fussy, grew up fussy and still is. ;)

I remember when I was a toddler, I'd wrap the vegs I disliked in a napkin and go outside in the yard and search for places to hide my 'evidence' :lol:

But I remember that I liked eating salami and few others but now I really dislike them.

Ditto!

But, when I was a kid I wasn't THAT fussy. I am now, though...

There is one exception. When I was a kid, I hated carrots, and I still do to this day. When was about 7, my Mom fed us a TV dinner with peas and carrots in it. I ate everything except the carrots. I decided to make my Mother think I ate them by hiding them in my cherry Koolaid! lol In my mind, the carrots were orange and the Koolaid was red, so Mom wouldn't see the carrots!
Obviously.... But, hey! I was an inventive kid! :lol:

Now, there are just things I WON'T eat! There's also no rhyme or reason for it. I'll just wake up and decide "I'm not eating that today..." *shrug*

Oh yes, funny thing I was discussing with my sister in law when she made me eat peas and I refused to eat on chat room other day when I was little girl.

I still hate peas, beets, cooked carrot, fish sticks, used to hate asapragus but I love it now. I remember I refused to eat anything except ice cream till one day my baby sitter decided to made me sit on chair all day everyday till I finally decided to eat sandwhich. That was right after I became deaf. I was very picky eater for long time. Now I am screwed, addict to junk foods.

I can't recall disliking any food when I was a kid. :dunno:

I am picky on foods. I don't like calflower, broccli, seafoods. I think rasin with carrot are worst if i see. I want to throw up if I see rasin with raw carrot. I would eat raw or cook carrot but not with rasin.

One time I went to hawaiian party wtih my husband and his mother. I saw banana with skin was cooked. It made me lost my apperate. I will not eat cooked banana. eww. I like fresh banana, peel skin off then eat.

Dislike onions (like garlic better instead) , raw tomatoes, raw carrots (prefer cooked carrots)...

Funny, it normal for kids to be picky over foods. But when you get older you start liking healthy food in stead of junk food. I used to hate broccoili and lima beans. Now I don't anymore. BUT I still "HATE" brussel spouts! Ewwwwwwwwww

Dislike onions (like garlic better instead) , raw tomatoes, raw carrots (prefer cooked carrots)...

I so LOVE raw tomatoes, I could eat a tomato with just swiss cheese or cottage cheese. yummyieee...:drool:

My younger cousin loved all the veggies so whenever she came over when we were kids, I was always dumping my veggies on her plate and lying to my mom about eating my veggies. LOL! My cousin had no idea I dumped my veggies on her plate. She would tell her mom that she was so full and couldnt eat anymore but her mom wasnt aware what I did and thought she was refusing to eat her veggies so her mom made her eat them. She had to eat seconds all the time. LOL! I dont know if she knows that to this day. Maybe I should tell her the next time I see her. I am 4 years older than her.

I so LOVE raw tomatoes, I could eat a tomato with just swiss cheese or cottage cheese. yummyieee...:drool:

Same here...everyone in my immediate family hate tomatoes so they are always giving me their tomatoes. I could just slice a whole tomato and eat it all.

Well, there was one food item that I didn't like when I was a teenager (and I still don't like). That was abalone. It was too strong tasting to me, and I figured that any food that had to be beaten with a mallet in order to become edible just wasn't worth the effort and expense. But I liked the pretty shell that it came in. :lol:

I'm not too keen about calamari either, especially since the time I ate one and the breading fell off so I could clearly see the tentacles. Ugh!

Things just keep popping up in here that I forgot I hate. Calimari is a big qualifyer on my hate list!

Back