When you was a kid and being picky to eat?

Pinky

Reaction score
I want to make my own thread about kid's picky with food. I think it's normal for every kids being a picky with food until they get grow up and like to eat anything.

What kind of picky to eat??

I was picky to eat an onion, peas, hamburger, bread's skin, brussels and other weird food that I haven't try.

Hmmm...I used to hate spaghetti sauce, some vegetables, some other foods that I can't remember.....now I like them..except I hate mayo and sour cream, yuck!

No, I just eat almost everything except bitter/sour food when I was little kid. :)

LOL I was known to turn food and dishes into projectiles. I did this with all my food, not sure what I liked or disliked.

I was a very picky eater, so I was quite skinny (although not skin and bones skinny). I usually ate something different, such as pasta while my parents had their own meals.

I was very picky when it comes to something cooked/prepared by one I know isn't clean or I don't know them that well.

I dislike going to family gatherings/reunions where I wouldn't know who made this and that. Today I am still picky, but I try to be polite.

I was very picky for many reasons when I was a little girl...

Now I'm a very picky about fatty and junk foods, chicken's skin and bones. I hate any meat including bones. It makes me sick when I see bones in any meat... I alway buy boneless meats.

There's a TV commercial in Australia about chicken, and why it is good. In the commercial, the motto is, "If you don't like chicken, there is something wrong with you!" Funny commercial. :)

Umm wen i was kid.. there was this food ( i dont remember what it was called) but i hated eating it my mom made me..but to me it tasted like money...and i think thats about it :P

Oh yea, I used to hate peas, hot carrots and beans. my mother would always made me eat them, I still don't eat them as of today. :giggle:

Hmmm.. I'm not sure if I was, all I remember is I cannot stand eating creamy peas and refuse to eat them either. soo disgusting :barf:

Umm wen i was kid.. there was this food ( i dont remember what it was called) but i hated eating it my mom made me..but to me it tasted like money...and i think thats about it :P

Are you sure you weren't eating something out of your mother's wallet? :giggle:

No I was not really food picky kid, but I hate any foods that mixed with nuts and the worst is the coconut, it make me puke, yuck! Also I am allergy to the spicy, it make my stomach hurt so hard that it will make me feel like want to lay and wailing.

Never would eat liver, cooked onions, foods with cream sauce,pizza. As an adult I will eat pizza, but I still won't eat the others I mentioned.

creamed peas, pot roast, gravy, tomatoes, celery, carrots, all melons but not watermelon, and I don't remember what else. I still don't like creamed peas, pot roasts (I would only eat potatoes!), gravy, tomatoes, celery, cooked carrot but I will eat raw carrots....there are few others I don't remember what I used to hate.

I didn't like what my mom made ever. My son is extremely picky. He only eats peanut butter sandwiches, pasta, pizza, beef hotdogs, ice cream, any junk food you can think of. I am still wondering how to deal w/ it. My daughter eats anything you give her.

I do pickie to eat!!! LOL Dont like junk food and huge food a bowl!! I know one of person make it all the time with huge rice, anything with big bowls!! :ugh3: Yuck!!

I don't like peas by themselves but would eat them mixed with pasta.

Veggies, raw and cooked just a touch, yum. When they're cooked to death, no. creamed spinach and peas, no. Soggy (I mean really soggy) food, no.

I'm with Liebling on meats. No fatty or bones. I eat meat but not that often. Anything greasy, no. I don't like sour cream but when it's made for other dishes, dipping sauce--yum! Beans except green beans, yuk.

Spaghetti sauce yum but when it's chunky, no. It goes back to "cooked to death" veggies. I hated stawberries(seeds) as a kid but now I love them!

My .02.

We kids (my sisters and I) knew better than to be picky - there were times we had no choice but to eat out of a dumpster behind a restaurant. I learned the hard way to be thankful for my food.

Back