When is enough enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor, don't let the jerks get you down.

The bottom line is, you did nothing wrong; you have often gone "beyond the call of duty". There are people who are self-centered and rude, and you will never be able to please them, no matter what you do. People who think "it's all about ME" come in all sizes and colors, hearing AND Deaf. Some people say they want advice but really are seeking attention for their drama, or a sneaky way to bash someone else, or want a pity party. They don't really want useful advice that can solve their problem; they want sympathy, attention, revenge, whatever, but they don't want serious advice. Sometimes they want a scapegoat for their own goof-ups. People who serve the public (waiters, terps, store clerks, nurses, and yes, COPS) are convenient scapegoats for the problems of the world.

So please don't take their insults personally. The rest of us love and appreciate you. :hug:

As for the jerks--kick 'em to the curb!

Liza said:
Coloravalanche- I am DEAF, but you DONT speak for me. I can speak for myself well, thank you very much.

Taylor- I agree with Eve, it's rudeness.. plain and simple. Saying it is part of Deaf Culture is just copping out. No pun intended. LOL. It sounds to me as if you need boundaries when it comes to being treated at AD. Only you can decide on what kind of they can be, and how you can keep them.. you have my support. You can't make others change overnight, but... this is something you can do for yourself and it definitely tells me that you respect yourself enough to do so.

I enjoy your posts, and I've always felt you to have very strong integrity. Think of it in this way.. how people react to you and others reveals a lot about themselves, rather than it being something about you.

As for generalizing the way that woman with the baby did... that seems rather sad. It's something we are capable of doing to some extent, too - hey, all hearies are ignorant, eh? All deafies are dumb, right? All Italians are mobsters, yes? Wow, all Norwegians are vikings so they still wear those horned caps today with a crude sword. :lol: Until then, it takes a thread like this to enlighten us all that these generalisms are wrong and misguided.. even with the best of intentions.

Take care.

I said it is DEAF CULTURE...I did not speak for you..I spoke for myself... :ugh2:

Gemtun said:
Coloralvanche said:
Remmy, Deafies and Hearies are in different culture! If you are tired of it, then dont bother to read our thread about it...

Erm...where did it say that it is Deaf Culture thing to create " I am leaving" threads? Please dont speak for me. It has nothing to do with one being deaf or hearing, it simply has to do with that INDIVIDUAL who is crying for help or seeking attention when making silly "I am leaving AD" threads only to stay anyway.

Sorry to be offtopic but it just bothers me when someone tries to speaks for ME.(all of deaf members)

Like I said...it is DEAF CULTURE...I did not speak for you! :ugh2:

Can't say anything more than what they've said in here. They've said it all. Hope all works out with you.

Tayor,

I don't know you personally but I have great respect
for you. I understand where you are coming from "indirectly"
since I am not a cop I can only "place myself mentally in your shoes."
Even then I could probably not even imagine what you go through on
a daily basis.

I think you have a great heart, I think that is what makes you a "great cop"
you are "willing to help out" and "be informative" when people are trying
to understand the "law." Thus helping citizens be law abiding by helping them understand.

I know that deaf or hearing, no one has ANY excuse whatsoever for BREAKING THE LAW. We should be treated no differently our actions is
our responsibilities. Even the consquences that comes after such.

I get the feeling that, just because people have an "issue" with cops
they label cops "BAD." Well, there are cops that go to bat for us daily. They die in the line of duty so that they can protect our children, our families.

Lastnight we honoured Windsor, ON fallen cop, Const. John Atkinson's. He lived and "died" serving our community. Now for our own protection, his family suffers the greatest grief living without him as a father and a husband.

Talyor, you are NOT protecting us, and serving your community in vain. I appreciate you as a person and admire that you get up daily and put your life on the line for people.

Again, I cannot tell you how much respect you have from me.
Because from where I am standing, I don't think many of us would
consider dying to protect a community (maybe family but not a community).

Take care T,
H2S :angel:

coloravalanche said:
Look, Ive been in deaf culture for long time...so leave me alone!

Give it a rest you guys.

I have been in the deaf culture too for a very long time..
your opinions are yours, just as everyone else's is theirs.

End of arguement. Let it go.

No need to have WWIII here.

Mookie said:
Methinks that you need to respect Taylor...

Again, her opinion ..her decision. You are entiled to your opinion but don't expect her to take it on.

So drop it.

coloravalanche said:
I hope I am not one of them.. :ugh: I emailed you part 1 and part 2 about my past and was hoping that you could help me out...but you DIDNT! I am very much disappointed that you never reply me back at all...
I honestly don't think you should be acting like that, like he was taking the blame for it.. You should have done the research and not give up.

coloravalanche said:
BTW, the police department has done NOTHING about my report against the deaf man who have been telling deafies that he was going to murder me...The D.A. has done nothing either! I am planning to see the FBI about this! I trust the FBI - not the cops nor the D.A.!
Maybe its because there's not enough evidence for the cops to arrest the guy.

Taylor, I read this post this morning and I had to come back after I got out of work to give me some thinking.

I can understand where u were coming from. I used to work for the police dept for 4 yrs and I have seen all kind of insulting and friendly ppl come and go in the police dept or outside of the job. One person I know who hate cop and telling me this and that. I keep telling this person about being a cop and the person disagree with me. Sigh I had to let it go and walk away from that person. It wasnt worth to fight over it. Just knowing that I did my best to explain and knowing that I can do it with my head up high. I know you can do.

I know you are trying your best to help those of us no matter who we are. I really appreciated your post so much and made my day when I see your post here in this forum.

Keep up the good work Taylor. :hug: Maybe next time the person give you the crap and just explain this person to find some help on their own by giving them the website or tell them to go to the police dept.

I have gone to police dept or court house and couldnt find the answer that I was looking for and finally one day I looked up the website sure enough I found my answer. Yay!!

I admire u alot for proteting and service of the community as you enjoy your job so much. :hug:

Coloravalanche....I dont understand why you expected Taylor to help you when he really cant...how can he?? if you dont have any SOLID evidence that the person you claim is trying to "murder" you. You have to have proof which have to be on tape, video, body wire, etc. I really think you are OVER
REACTING to this threat against you. A lot of people will say "Im gonna kill ya" and dont really mean it...come on, really, surely you know that. This person might be saying hes gonna kill ya and dont really mean it, hes just saying it cuz he might be hating you is all..but not really gonna murder you, you ever thought of that? I really think you are overreacting for nothing.
You are very cruel for saying that you hated cops for years...mercy, mercy, girl! that was uncalled for. I have a lot of respect for cops, in fact, we have a friend who is a cop and he has to put up a lot of crap from people like Taylor does so i know exactly how he feels...what would YOU do if you need help from a cop??? Would you call a cop for help if you got robbed, attacked or something worse? heh? I wonder.....
So tell us if you do have solid proof that this person is going to murder you, really..mmmm?

For Taylor, I don't blame you for being frustrated with some rude people who give you shit. You've tried your best efforts to give them answers, but unfortunately, they choose not to accept or listen. I do respect you as an individual. I do have a few cop buddies in Cleveland area and have no problems at all, but I know some cops are human beings who take some craps from idiots.

Don't worry about those idiots.

Coloradoavanche, I lost the respect for you because you expect him to answer your questions. Well, he may not be an expert on your situation with sleazy ball lawyer, etc. If you ask someone about your situation, he/she is unable to provide you some answers, will you get pissed off? Please, grow up and move on. FBI may be put your case on hold because they are too busy focusing on more important cases such as 9/11 incident. I think you are wasting your time. :zzz:

God bless you, Taylor!
You have my support and respect, ok?
Keep up with good work!
Dont feel bad if you cant help anybody with their problems, if they
get pissed off, too bad, geez.
:cheers:

Taylor,

i m just gonna say this.. IGNORE THOSE IDIOTS! they have no life and do what they want to do in the end they will be the ones who will be sorry. They are just immature and doesnt know how to say thank you or whatever. I am sorry that you had to go thru that. :(

I do have problems with some cops here where i live but i still have the respects for them as i know they do have law to uphold and protect the families and the community. They are there to help us whenever we need when the situation arises.

Chin up and keep your faith in God and you will do fine! :D Even tho i dont know you but i can tell you are a good police officer! God bless ya!

As always,
Ginger :)

:( Taylor, I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this ordeal!! You have been such a wonderful member on Alldeaf, and a great friend to all of us. You have tried your best to help the Deaf community, and it's because you have a big heart for the Deaf.
You're posting was a great one, and it was good for you to vent out, and get your honest feelings out. I hope now that you have posted, we all agree that you have been a great friend to us here on AllDeaf and that you will never leave, because you are like family to us too!!!! :hug: :hug: Hang in there Taylor, better days are coming!!! Thank you for being such a great friend, and member!!! :thumb:

Defee said:
Coloravalanche....I dont understand why you expected Taylor to help you when he really cant...how can he?? if you dont have any SOLID evidence that the person you claim is trying to "murder" you. You have to have proof which have to be on tape, video, body wire, etc. I really think you are OVER
REACTING to this threat against you. A lot of people will say "Im gonna kill ya" and dont really mean it...come on, really, surely you know that. This person might be saying hes gonna kill ya and dont really mean it, hes just saying it cuz he might be hating you is all..but not really gonna murder you, you ever thought of that? I really think you are overreacting for nothing.
You are very cruel for saying that you hated cops for years...mercy, mercy, girl! that was uncalled for. I have a lot of respect for cops, in fact, we have a friend who is a cop and he has to put up a lot of crap from people like Taylor does so i know exactly how he feels...what would YOU do if you need help from a cop??? Would you call a cop for help if you got robbed, attacked or something worse? heh? I wonder.....
So tell us if you do have solid proof that this person is going to murder you, really..mmmm?

you misunderstood me! :pissed: I did not ask Taylor for his help about murder issues...I send Taylor private messages about something else..that is personal and no one here at AD knows about it!!!!

No, I am not cruel for saying I hate cops...it is my feelings...I have lost respect for cops...because of numerous of reasons...

I have three eye witnesses against the person who said he was going to murder me... :whistle:

Oddball said:
For Taylor, I don't blame you for being frustrated with some rude people who give you shit. You've tried your best efforts to give them answers, but unfortunately, they choose not to accept or listen. I do respect you as an individual. I do have a few cop buddies in Cleveland area and have no problems at all, but I know some cops are human beings who take some craps from idiots.

Don't worry about those idiots.

Coloradoavanche, I lost the respect for you because you expect him to answer your questions. Well, he may not be an expert on your situation with sleazy ball lawyer, etc. If you ask someone about your situation, he/she is unable to provide you some answers, will you get pissed off? Please, grow up and move on. FBI may be put your case on hold because they are too busy focusing on more important cases such as 9/11 incident. I think you are wasting your time. :zzz:

I dont think you understood what I was talking about...No, I did not ask Taylor to answer my questions...you dont know the situation I told Taylor when I send him private messages...No, I will not get pissed off if he doesnt have answer for it...

I lost the respect for you because you jump into conclussion!

Taylor,

It makes me so mad seeing this that people treat you like this because one of our family friends is a Police Officer and my uncle works for the Fire Department and when i hear you guys getting disrespected it makes me so mad your doing your job and well and here Taylor you even do more than your job and I know and i bet alot of other AD members would agree with me it's nice to have you here as a person not as a Police Officer you have brought so much to AD and have become a valued member of this family. I wish people understood the passion Police Officers have for what they do and the reason behind it you don't have a passion for hurting someone but a passion for helping our community's stay safe and Helping anyone in need. Taylor i don't blame you for venting and you did a very good job at it. Keep the work up and know AD is always behind you we got your back.

coloravalanche said:
I dont think you understood what I was talking about...No, I did not ask Taylor to answer my questions...you dont know the situation I told Taylor when I send him private messages...No, I will not get pissed off if he doesnt have answer for it...

I lost the respect for you because you jump into conclussion!

Likewise.. :ugh2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back