What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am making mini meatballs with egg noodles for dinner. For our vegetable it will be green beans I think.

I made a chopped salad with bacon and bleu cheese dressing.

Beginning our four days of very short budget eating. Spaghetti. $1.06 for noodles and $0.86 for the sauce. That will serve the 5 of us. I may have carrot sticks on the side. Had the carrots from last week, but the bag was $0.50

So $2.17 for dinner for 5 and I know son, daughter and hubby will still be hungry afterwards. Well, "too bad, so sad" I say.

I made a grilled cheese sandwich, and boiled an ear of corn, plus a glass of milk. Too hot to really cook.

I'm going to try a new recipe with the slow cooker - pineapple chicken. I'm skeptical but willing to give it a shot. Besides, I have leftover ingredients, which I need for this recipe anyways.

I'm going to try a new recipe with the slow cooker - pineapple chicken. I'm skeptical but willing to give it a shot. Besides, I have leftover ingredients, which I need for this recipe anyways.

Does it go on rice like an Americanized teriyaki?

Beginning our four days of very short budget eating. Spaghetti. $1.06 for noodles and $0.86 for the sauce. That will serve the 5 of us. I may have carrot sticks on the side. Had the carrots from last week, but the bag was $0.50

So $2.17 for dinner for 5 and I know son, daughter and hubby will still be hungry afterwards. Well, "too bad, so sad" I say.

Sorry to hear your troubles.

One thing I have done is make a small stir fry of meat and served with lots of rice.

Everyone will get full and it definitely beats going hungry.

Sorry to hear your troubles.

One thing I have done is make a small stir fry of meat and served with lots of rice.

Everyone will get full and it definitely beats going hungry.

That's kind of what I do with my throw-togethers.

Do you ever do an all-veggie spaghetti sauce? I saute a mix of finely-chopped celery, garlic, carrots, onions, and mushrooms, mix in some tomato sauce, and add a bit of cinnamon and ground cloves. (I know, sounds weird with spaghetti sauce, but that's how I learned it, and it really is good.)

That's pretty cheap and very filling with all the veggies.

Do you ever do an all-veggie spaghetti sauce? I saute a mix of finely-chopped celery, garlic, carrots, onions, and mushrooms, mix in some tomato sauce, and add a bit of cinnamon and ground cloves. (I know, sounds weird with spaghetti sauce, but that's how I learned it, and it really is good.)

That's pretty cheap and very filling with all the veggies.

Tonight's spaghetti sauce was a can of Hunt's brand sauce that was Garlic & Herb seasoned. I added, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, celery, zucchini, onion and mushrooms. We never put any kind of meat in the sauce as I make sure we have 2 meatless meals in a week. All of the fresh veggies either I already had or MIL had and did not want.

I Love yumppppppp food enjoy hot dog, peper mixing on something :lol:

Dunno what's for dinner tonight....maybe cubed steak with beef rice n roni and peas or whatever what I have in the pantry. :) Yum!

Ok, I am going to eat supper and supper will be pork chop, sweet potato, steamed squash, and broccoli. I know they sound boring, but at least they are healthy meal lol just thought I'd share it with you, trying to reply to a random thread. I am new and need to start replying to random threads so I can get to know folks better.

I am going to eat a BLT, and a PBJ. And anything else that is only initials that I can think of.

Baked Chicken thighs, mashed potatoes for the family and skillet browned potatoes for me, and steamed carrots. $5.00 for all of it.

Dinner tonight will be saute'ed kielbasa with onions and garlic, roasted red potatoes and corn. This comes at about $5 for the whole meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back