What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
black bean burger sound interesting! I've seen Racheal Ray makes that on her show but never try it!

Black bean burger on whole wheat bun, baked chips, orange juice and milk.

black bean burger sound interesting! I've seen Racheal Ray makes that on her show but never try it!

I really like them. They are very high in protein and fiber, and have a nice spicy taste. :)

They sound good. How do you get the patty to stay together????
Black Bean Burgers

* 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
* 1/2 green bell pepper
* 1/2 onion,
* 3 cloves garlic, peeled
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1 teaspoon cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1 teaspoon chili sauce
* 1/2 cup bread crumbs

So rinse and dry the black beans, then chop with food processor.
Chop the bell pepper, onion and garlic to fine texture with food processor.
^^^^^^^^
Mix those together in mixing bowl . Beat the egg and chili sauce and mix those in.

Mix the dry spices with the bread crumbs , and mix that into the bean mixture.

Form into patties and freeze on wax paper.
Fry in a little olive oil when ready.

So basically the bread crumbs and egg hold it together just like a meatloaf, and freezing also helps.

Black Bean Burgers

* 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
* 1/2 green bell pepper
* 1/2 onion,
* 3 cloves garlic, peeled
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1 teaspoon cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1 teaspoon chili sauce
* 1/2 cup bread crumbs

So rinse and dry the black beans, then chop with food processor.
Chop the bell pepper, onion and garlic to fine texture with food processor.
^^^^^^^^
Mix those together in mixing bowl . Beat the egg and chili sauce and mix those in.

Mix the dry spices with the bread crumbs , and mix that into the bean mixture.

Form into patties and freeze on wax paper.
Fry in a little olive oil when ready.

So basically the bread crumbs and egg hold it together just like a meatloaf, and freezing also helps.

:) :ty: I am going to make this next week........

My dinner.. frozen hamburger and 2 ice cream sandwiches.. actually thats all ive eat all day so its breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I should start posting more in this thread...

My dinner was wheat rotoni mixed with baked chicken and cream of chicken soup (low sodium)
Salad (spinach, mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, cucumber, applies, tomatoes, white raisins, pecans, dried cranberry and low fat Sesame Seed dressing)

Yum!

I went out shopping for fins and a mask today with a friend. We ended up in a pizza shop and I got a delish hot veggie hoagie with hot peppers! YUM

I made roast beef with baked cut up potatoes and salad (same as last night's salad).

Tmw, I will cut up the squash I grew in my backyard into noodle shapes and use it as spagetti instead of the pasta. Less carbs.

Tonight we are having spaghetti with meat sauce, cannoli, and orange juice. :)

Tonight we had BBQ Boneless country style pork ribs, elbow macaroni and broccoli.

Last night I had rattatouille over pasta made with fresh vegetables from the farmers market.
Tonight was barbacoa con pico de gallo y crema mexicana. (brisket with pepper and cilantro relish and Mexican sour cream. ) A side of mixed slaw to top it off. Mmmmm

This week we are eating alot of pork as it was on sale and I got an unbelievable amount for only $20. A 2 pound roast, 10 thick pork loin chops,
1 1/2 pounds on country style ribs. Al of it was boneless. This $20 gave us 4 meals for 5 people.

Tonight I am preparing pork loin chops with a balsamic/apricot glaze, peas and a salad.

My parents had salmon with cous cous and ratatouille, and I don't like fish so I had ratatouille with a jacket potato and some grated cheese- delicious!

Beef Casserole from slow cooker, roasted potatoes, steamed brocolli, and some chilli chopped. it was nice and basic yet nutrionous and filling.

Changed my pork dinner a little. Did a quick stir-fry over rice.

I ate a turkey sandwich, blueberry/cranberry juice and a couple of blueberry filled cookies.

botts you love that combination, I did too but i rarely have those probably because i didnt grew up with it or that 'budget factor' maybe both...but yeah cranberry goes extremely well with white meat, be it chicken, turkey or some fish...

botts you love that combination, I did too but i rarely have those probably because i didnt grew up with it or that 'budget factor' maybe both...but yeah cranberry goes extremely well with white meat, be it chicken, turkey or some fish...

Budget factor isn't too bad since we buy in bulk from warehouse stores. But I admit, I have that more often now that I no longer have two kids at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back