What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up eating at Olive Garden for some of my family's birthday. I had a grilled chicken caesar salad.

It was meh.

peanut butter sammys its all i had, but quite scrummy

It will be our mini-burgers, but they will be bigger since I only have to do 4 and not 5 (hubby has class).

Golden Corral was good, but with this dairy free diet, there wasn't much available. The fried chicken was dipped in buttermilk before the flour for frying, all the vegetables had butter on them, all the dressings for the salad were creamy with milk. I had salad with lemon juice, steak, and chilled shrimp for salads. The manager had the cook for the veggies, steam me some broccoli and cauliflower so I had that with lemon juice. He has said that whenever I come in, if I need something special, just let the chef at the grill know and it will be done.

I know we are having chicken breasts, but that is all.

my husband LOVES the Golden Corral.
right now he is over at my parent's blowing snow; he may end up with supper there, or stop somewhere and get something he really likes since he's out.
I have chicken and potatoes made but I know how much he likes sandwiches.
For me, I don't know yet - a salad and....:hmm:

Our Golden Corral had a magnificent salad bar. There were numerous vinegar and oil dressings. I like mine with salsa. (oddly good) They also had many grilled and steamed options. Sigh.

Kristina, I do know a guy who is lactose intolerant and he is allowed to have both buttermilk and yogurt. Odd that!

Oh, back on topic - We had very good chicken and dumplings that was made in our pressure cooker. It seems to concentrate the chicken broth and it was hot and tasty.

Our Golden Corral had a magnificent salad bar. There were numerous vinegar and oil dressings. I like mine with salsa. (oddly good) They also had many grilled and steamed options. Sigh.

Kristina, I do know a guy who is lactose intolerant and he is allowed to have both buttermilk and yogurt. Odd that!

Oh, back on topic - We had very good chicken and dumplings that was made in our pressure cooker. It seems to concentrate the chicken broth and it was hot and tasty.

Well - first we thought I was lactose intolerant and now we find that I am allergic to dairy.

Am I the only one that doesn't know what a Golden Corral is?
Golden Corral is a restaurant that is buffet style. They do have steaks that you can order off a menu board, but their buffet is massive. Salads, soups, veggies, meats, sides, potato bar, taco bar, dessert and all kinds of things. Around here, the price at dinner time is for ages 12 and up $10.95 per person. Seniors get their drink included in the price. Kids under 6 (I think) eat free. Lunch time buffet is $7.95. Breakfast buffet is $7.75.

Wow! So kind of the same as a Ryan's or Bonaza. I've never been too big on buffets.

Wow! So kind of the same as a Ryan's or Bonaza. I've never been too big on buffets.

Yeah - just like Ryan's and I haven't been or seen a Bonanza in years. At least 15 of them but possibly closer to 20 years.

For us, buffets are usually good since my kids can fill up and be happy with their different tastes. For me it's harder and harder. The place is so crowded that it's hard to get around with my cane or rollater/walker.

I haven't been to a Ryan's in forever. I used to always go after church when I was younger.

We have Ryan's and Bonanza here. I love those!

I do love places with a good salad bar. Has anyone been to a Newk's?

It's a fancier Sandwich/Soup/Salad place. They have AWESOME large bowl salads. It's one of my favorite places :)

Never heard of Newk's.

Tonight we are having turkey Italian sausage with sauteed onions, white rice and beets.

We finally got to the grocery. If no one shows up to keep me company, I plan to eat a new cereal called Cinnamon Burst Cheerios.

Maybe not exciting to you, but that's Iowa. I also got Green Tea. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back