What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight we will not be going to weight loss meeting. (no gas, no money)

I will be preparing a frozen dinner that is Sesame Chicken. I will supplement it with a tossed salad and veggies.

I'm having roast chicken with gravy with roast corn and zucchini.

Vegetable beef soup, garlic herb crackers, chocolate milk.

Turkey Enchiladas and Mexican rice and beans with a friend. I made the rice and beans and she made the enchiladas. Delicious!

Sweet and sour chicken in tempura batter, fried brown rice with veggies and one eggroll, baked. Sweet tea. mmm

my BF and i had hawaiian chicken pineapple garden salad w/asian sesame dressing. it was good. we both liked it. my BF picked that out, good choice. :)

I don't mean to bring this up, but it was due to my bipolar. I had several depressive episodes and did not eat. My GP and psychiatrist said it was a mixed blessing because while eating wasn't good for me, it did help me go from being a pre-diabetic at 157 down to my current weight of 114.

Having said that, I do eat healthy (with the exception of last week :giggle:) and run on my treadmill 7 days/week for an hour per day. I also do not drink alot of caffeine and have protein drinks (like Carnation Instant Breakfast) whenever I don't feel like eating. When I snack, I eat a bowl of Honey Nut CHeerios or plain Cheerios so that helps cut down on my overall intake of food. I need to eliminate sugar from my diet due to my bipolar because it can cause me to become excitable/manic. Sorry to mention that, but it's the truth. I really do need to be careful of that, so it's something I watch out for.

I wish I had some other helpful tips to share with you! I know losing weight isn't easy! :)

I have been on medifast program. I have lost 40 lbs since May 2010. You may want to try this one?

We are having Cinnamon Kissed Chicken, Macaroni and green beans. The chicken recipe come from a cookbook titled, The Busy People's LowFat food. The family loves it.

In case you were interested, the recipe for the cinnamon kissed chicken is as follows:

In a non-stick skillet, mix together 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 Tablespoon dark brown sugar, 1 teaspoon orange zest and 1/2 cup red wine salad dressing. (I used raspberry/walnut vinaigrette) Add 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts. (I used 10 chicken tenderloin pieces). Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side and serve. Use the leftover sauce as a topping for macaroni or rice or sweet potatoes.

The only oil is in the dressing.

Last edited:
:ty: for the recipe, Kristina, I'd like to try that for my husband!
where in store would I find orange zest?

tonight I had a salad with guacamole, pepperoccini's <Sp> and turkey, and a small egg beaters egg with salsa

:ty: for the recipe, Kristina, I'd like to try that for my husband!
where in store would I find orange zest?

tonight I had a salad with guacamole, pepperoccini's <Sp> and turkey, and a small egg beaters egg with salsa

For the Orange zest, take a peeler, like for potatoes and carrots, and peel the orange. Just the orange part and not the white. then slice it in thin little strips.

Pot roast with extra carrots, asparagus with cheese sauce.

my BF and i loveeeeee unagi sushi, one of my favorite yo baby!. MMM, MMM! ;)
unagi.jpg

if that gross you out like :barf:
then toooooo bad! :naughty:
:D

Lunch yesterday- Black bean soup with white rice
Lunch today- Low-fat homemade Chicken-Corn chowder with crackers
Dinner yesterday- Pizza Hut
Dinner tonight- Ham slices, no-yolk egg noodles and spinach

Don't know. My older daughter is taking me out after she is done doing clinicals. (whatever that means)

im thinking SUSHI tonight but i wanna to save it for tomorrow...

what is dinner for me tonight? umm...maybe pizza or hamburger, idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back