What's the best way to ask a deaf man out?

maybe you'e afrad of losing some "life/social mobility"? i meant like to marry a finanically secure male?? i think its a hidden motive for a lot of females, while onother hand, its just some big deaf guythat you just have to 'have him'. You're just lusting after him, only physical and/or just a 'hand signals as langauge' thing got you fascinated but it will wear out.

I'm just cynical that's all

Yea! I asked him yesterday and am so happy that I did.

He didn't understand me the first time I asked so I started to panic and look for a pen to write with. He asked me to say it again and then he got it. He shook his head yes and said thank you.

Hey congrats! That was very brave of you. See when you step forward you get what you wanted:D Now just remeber he also is going to be a nrevous wreck most likely on the 1st date, so don't give it much thought. You can do it girl!

:lol: I'm glad you finally had the courage to ask him out, Hope all goes well on your first date with him. Keep us post. ;)

maybe you'e afrad of losing some "life/social mobility"? i meant like to marry a finanically secure male?? i think its a hidden motive for a lot of females, while onother hand, its just some big deaf guythat you just have to 'have him'. You're just lusting after him, only physical and/or just a 'hand signals as langauge' thing got you fascinated but it will wear out.

I am not afraid of losing social mobility and am financially secure. I am lusting after him, but not because he is deaf. It was "love at first sight" and I didn't know he was deaf for months. He is very handsome and I can tell that he has a kind soul.

I agree that communication issues may present problems.

I am not afraid of losing social mobility and am financially secure. I am lusting after him, but not because he is deaf. It was "love at first sight" and I didn't know he was deaf for months. He is very handsome and I can tell that he has a kind soul.

I agree that communication issues may present problems.

No need to justify yourself to Grummer - he has his own issues.

Communication issues may present problems but it will be worked out. Im dating a new man and he has no clue about sign language or whatnot but he is very patient and has a kind soul. For that, it is worth all extra effort. I have a very good feeling about him so I am certain that things will work out for the best in long term :)

Like you, kind souls are what I cant resist :)

Hey congrats! That was very brave of you. See when you step forward you get what you wanted:D Now just remeber he also is going to be a nrevous wreck most likely on the 1st date, so don't give it much thought. You can do it girl!

Thanks. I am going to be really nervous, but know he will feel the same way. After the initial communication awkwardness wears off, I'll be fine.

Communication issues may present problems but it will be worked out. Im dating a new man and he has no clue about sign language or whatnot but he is very patient and has a kind soul. For that, it is worth all extra effort. I have a very good feeling about him so I am certain that things will work out for the best in long term :)

oh..... :tears:

I was saying there is a such thing as social behaviour surrounding seeking approvals and this is Very common, Dont tell me or any one thi doesnt happen. It happens everyday.

No need to attack me, to defend the other. It IS common, that hearing people DO treat deaf people as different, I was simply sharing what I have observed and indeed d/Deaf people should be cynical. No one likes to be taken advantaged of, this includes men. FYI I dont have issues, I have got a partner so there
:liar:

I was saying there is a such thing as social behaviour surrounding seeking approvals and this is Very common, Dont tell me or any one thi doesnt happen. It happens everyday.

No need to attack me, to defend the other. It IS common, that hearing people DO treat deaf people as different, I was simply sharing what I have observed and indeed d/Deaf people should be cynical. No one likes to be taken advantaged of, this includes men. FYI I dont have issues, I have got a partner so there
:liar:

Bolded says it all. And Grummer makes her aware that deaf people are not all patient saints either. Lots of deaf people do have issues.

He didn't understand me the first time I asked so I started to panic and look for a pen to write with. He asked me to say it again and then he got it. He shook his head yes and said thank you.

I asked him to email me so I should hear from him soon.

Dave, it's not you but I do worry that he will see these posts.

Thanks again.

Oh, geez... I am so sorry. I've been known to do some stupid things, but this tops them all. I am so sorry. I wasn't thinking.

If a mod sees this and can delete the offending post (#37), I'd appreciate it.

Oh, geez... I am so sorry. I've been known to do some stupid things, but this tops them all. I am so sorry. I wasn't thinking.

If a mod sees this and can delete the offending post (#37), I'd appreciate it.

I am confused about why you are apologizing and think offense was taken.
It reminded me that he could visit this site and see that I am writing about him. Just being paranoid. Nothing wrong with your post.

Bolded says it all. And Grummer makes her aware that deaf people are not all patient saints either. Lots of deaf people do have issues.

What issues are you speaking of? I have never thought of deaf people being patient saints, but I have a feeling that he is.

I have already thought about this way too much and just want to give things a chance.

What issues are you speaking of? I have never thought of deaf people being patient saints, but I have a feeling that he is.

I have already thought about this way too much and just want to give things a chance.

I am not trying to discourage you.:)

the first thing a sorority teach the new members is to marry up by marrying a rich guy.......
Look around you, ever see a female doctor or a female lawyer or a female accountant married to a plumber or an electrician or a carpenter, the backbone of our economy?

if he saw the post, well it showed you had some gut in starting it. you learned. maybe he can post some here of his experiences.

I asked him to email me so I should hear from him soon.

Dave, it's not you but I do worry that he will see these posts.

Thanks again.

Tonight is the big night. We have emailed several times and I think things are going well. We are having dinner and he is bringing someone to intertrep. Having someone else there makes me more nervous, but I understand.

Back