What was the last movie you watched?

Killing them softly

upside down

both are great movies excellent! i dont care for fault findings as reviews says half of its is shit and irrevelent and dare i say, half the time, they dont know what they talking about

watching star treck film,i so fancy worf he so sexy,dont know what it is about klingons but they got something

watching star treck film,i so fancy worf he so sexy,dont know what it is about klingons but they got something

I liked Worf, Data too.....but for me, the Borgs were the best. Love a good villian.

Laura

Rented Nitro Circus via Netflix and tried to watch but no friggin' CC or subtitle. :roll:

Rented Nitro Circus via Netflix and tried to watch but no friggin' CC or subtitle. :roll:

I find it takes a few weeks for the subtitles to be added. Most do if you give it a little time.

Laura

On BluRay?
Amazon.com shows that the movie has English subtitles.

Nitro Circus: The Movie 3D Blu-ray

However, if you want to rent it from Netflix by mail (since Blu-ray movies are not available for streaming), you have to ask the company if they have the movie available on Blu-ray Disc and whether it has captions or not as long as you pay $7.99 more per month for DVDs by mail plus $2 per month for BD also by mail.

:roll:

Let me rephrase – I RENTED Nitro Circus on BLU RAY via Netflix that is not showing CC/subtitle. I even pressed SUBTITLE button on my remote and it did not show anything.

Got it?

I don’t know if the disc I got from Netflix is designed for rental-only which is much different from buy-at-store discs.

this happened to me before too, its likely that they used a printing of a cover, but its not same disc...or a cheaper version of a BR copy, to save cost they simpliy duplicated the cover for the DVD case, nothing else, so you end up with a dud. its quite irresponsible that they do this. I dont like it either.

:roll:

Let me rephrase – I RENTED Nitro Circus on BLU RAY via Netflix that is not showing CC/subtitle. I even pressed SUBTITLE button on my remote and it did not show anything.

Got it?

I don’t know if the disc I got from Netflix is designed for rental-only which is much different from buy-at-store discs.
Yes, it's different from rental movie stores. Netflix buys movies from movie studios without captions which means Netflix has to add its own captions to SOME movies. That's why I cancelled my free trial after 30 days.

The easy way for you to find out is to rent that movie on BD from your local store. If it has subtitles, then Netflix sucks!

Last edited:
Skyfall!, excellent bond, after so many shit ones we've seen in the last 10 fucking years

this happened to me before too, its likely that they used a printing of a cover, but its not same disc...or a cheaper version of a BR copy, to save cost they simpliy duplicated the cover for the DVD case, nothing else, so you end up with a dud. its quite irresponsible that they do this. I dont like it either.

Sounds like pirated copy or something.

Yes, it's different from rental movie stores. Netflix buys movies from movie studios without captions which means Netflix has to add its own captions to SOME movies. That's why I cancelled my free trial after 30 days.

The easy way for you to find out is to rent that movie on BD from your local store. If it has subtitles, then Netflix sucks!

I never had any problem with Netflix (been member of Netflix since they started the business) till Nitro Circus. That was the first time I ran into that. I don't like to blind buy and I'm not sure if I would like Nitro Circus. I'm into motorsports (various - mainly NASCAR) and the lead person in this Nitro Circus, Travis Pastrana, is currently racing in NASCAR. That was disappointed that the disc did not show SDH.

Sounds like pirated copy or something.
No, it's not. Like I said before, Netflix buy movies from movie industries. So that means DVD menus and captions are not included, therefore Netflix adds its own captions to them (not all of them). I believe that it has a contract with a caption maker. I left a link somewhere in this forum regarding that. BTW, more customers are now watching streaming movies than DVDs by mail since I notice there are less of them at my workplace, USPS. Before Netflix started streaming movies, there were alot of DVDs by mail. $7.99 for streaming plus $7.99 for DVD by mail plus $2 for BD by mail total $17.98 per month. That's too much. Is that what you pay for?

I'm sorry, it doesn't make sense. To my knowledge, Netflix rent out the DVD is same thing we bought at store. The DVD usually distributes by studios and it's studios responsible to install CC or subtitle text on their movies.

Till recently, Netflix had to buy special rental-only DVD or BluRay from studio and it's still studios' responsible to install CC or subtitle. It's their decision what to add on DVD or BR. As for an example - Universal Studio disabled all special feature on BR on their rental-only BR. So that they can push you to buy BR at Best Buy to view Special Feature section. I have seen other studios removed everything except "Play", "audio", and "language" on menu.

I'm not sure if the blame is on Netflix, it's possible that the studios who distributes the Nitro Circus Movie decided to remove subtitle (not just SDH - foreign languages, too) from rental-only disc.

Studios are cheap-ass when it come to cost of adding stuffs on BR or DVD. :roll:

No, it's not. Like I said before, Netflix buy movies from movie industries. So that means DVD menus and captions are not included, therefore Netflix adds its own captions to them (not all of them). I believe that it has a contract with a caption maker. I left a link somewhere in this forum regarding that. BTW, more customers are now watching streaming movies than DVDs by mail since I notice there are less of them at my workplace, USPS. Before Netflix started streaming movies, there were alot of DVDs by mail. $7.99 for streaming plus $7.99 for DVD by mail plus $2 for BD by mail total $17.98 per month. That's too much. Is that what you pay for?

Well, I preferred discs because I don't want to download the steaming and something come up and I had to stop it and close it. Then come back later, and download again - seems waste my time. With disc, I would have just shut player down and then come back and it's ready to watch from where I stopped.

I'm sorry, it doesn't make sense. To my knowledge, Netflix rent out the DVD is same thing we bought at store. The DVD usually distributes by studios and it's studios responsible to install CC or subtitle text on their movies.

Till recently, Netflix had to buy special rental-only DVD or BluRay from studio and it's still studios' responsible to install CC or subtitle. It's their decision what to add on DVD or BR. As for an example - Universal Studio disabled all special feature on BR on their rental-only BR. So that they can push you to buy BR at Best Buy to view Special Feature section. I have seen other studios removed everything except "Play", "audio", and "language" on menu.

I'm not sure if the blame is on Netflix, it's possible that the studios who distributes the Nitro Circus Movie decided to remove subtitle (not just SDH - foreign languages, too) from rental-only disc.

Studios are cheap-ass when it come to cost of adding stuffs on BR or DVD. :roll:
Nope, as you know Redbox rents movies/games as well, that movie you talked about definitely has subtitles. Nitro Circus: The Movie | DVD & Blu-ray Rentals for Nitro Circus: The Movie from Redbox However, this is DVD, they don't have it on BD. Blockbuster does. Nitro Circus: The Movie DVD Rental, Rent Nitro Circus: The Movie Movie Online

IMO, Netflix is cheap-ass because it buys movies without captions which are cheaper than the ones with captions.

I used to get rentals at Blockbuster and Movietime and almost all of them on the shelves had captions.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll take my original post that Nitro Circus has no CC/subtitle.

I checked the Redbox, it showed that they only offer Nitro Circus on DVD format, not BluRay. I was puzzled and then I checked at Netflix - it appeared they only offer DVD format. So, I looked in my Netflix envelope and it turned out I have DVD format, not BR format :roll:. And then I inserted it to my DVD player (not BR player as before) and it showed Closed Caption.

Before you laugh at me – I have not rented any DVD format disc for LONG time and it’s habit I put Netflix rentals in my BR. OK, now go ahead and laugh at me. :P

Back