What Ticks You Off (Most) About Hearies?

What was that little pep talk for? :roll:

Well it had nothing to do with you. What is your eyeroll for? Unless you were addressing that to someone else.

Quoting helps a lot.

You go after your dreams and when you see your limits you push pass them. Limits are acquired not innate; don't place limits on yourself nor let anyone else do that to you.

This just struck me as odd. While I'm sure that the poster intended it kindly, it makes me feel like I'm being talked to like I'm 11 YO.

This just struck me as odd. While I'm sure that the poster intended it kindly, it makes me feel like I'm being talked to like I'm 11 YO.

Oh, me too. Sorry I thought you were asking me, and I was protesting! :lol:

My bad, Botti. I agree with you. The pep talk seems patronizing and artificially enthusiastic.

what ticks me off?

That the hearies automatically equate deafness with stupidity!
I beg your pardon I am NOT stupid. And neither are those others who are deaf like me!

Automatically assuming that ALL deaf people have the same kind of deafness!
This is lumping us all into one bag or one stero type. There are many different levels of hearing loss and many different reasons why we are deaf.

Trying to put us where they believe we belong! I almost made LPN but when it looked like I was gonna make it with only 6 month to go to graduation boy did the pressure for me to quit increase! I was a CNA for almost 20 years. I now am where they like me; I clean houses for people. THATS where they think I belong. I HATE them for this! I do have a brain and I insist that I be allowed to use it! Just because YOU don't understand me does not in any case give you the right to pound my ass into a hole where you think I belong.

I beg your pardon I am NOT stupid. And neither are those others who are deaf like me!

Yes, I got that a lot. Now I stand up for myself. I don't give those people any time of day. I won't be bothered with people like that.

I get that too often.

Also people in wheelchair get same problem, I noticed. It is as if we can't hear means we got no brain or for people in wheelchair, as if they can't walk means they got no brain.

Only once I said this to lady thinking I was stupid a long time ago, I said "Brain isn't in my ears, it is in my head and so what the problem with my brain then?" She just went away going all red. :lol:

I was only kid when I said this.

I was on the phone a couple of days talking to my insurance agent and she
told she could hear some banging on my door! It was my upstairs neighbor , he was pounding on my door with his fists! He told that he ring my door bell also , the idiot wanted to know if I was going to move my car so the little bit of snow could be plowed! I told him I was on the phone and could not hear him! He told me I should get a flashing light to put on my doorbell ! I was really pissed off that he did not stop pounding on my door when I did not answer it! He could had damages my door! He knew my dog had dies and that I may been in the mood to answer my door! How long do you think a hearing person should pound on your door for something that is not really an emergency?

I was on the phone a couple of days talking to my insurance agent and she
told she could hear some banging on my door! It was my upstairs neighbor , he was pounding on my door with his fists! He told that he ring my door bell also , the idiot wanted to know if I was going to move my car so the little bit of snow could be plowed! I told him I was on the phone and could not hear him! He told me I should get a flashing light to put on my doorbell ! I was really pissed off that he did not stop pounding on my door when I did not answer it! He could had damages my door! He knew my dog had dies and that I may been in the mood to answer my door! How long do you think a hearing person should pound on your door for something that is not really an emergency?

Was it the city that was ordering your car to be moved?

Was it the city that was ordering your car to be moved?

I said it was it was my upstairs neighbor . He wanted me to move my car in the our driveway.
No one from the city would not knock at your door to tell you to move your car, they would have it towed away!

Unfortunately, the word "Dumb" had been used for not being able to speak, for way too long. And now since it means something different than it's original use. It's totally unacceptable.

I said it was it was my upstairs neighbor . He wanted me to move my car in the our driveway.
No one from the city would not knock at your door to tell you to move your car, they would have it towed away!

No, what I meant was it the city plowing the streets? Did the city tell your neighbor to move the car which got your neighbor to come and inform you?

Thinking going shooting requires the ability to hear.... f'n BS you wear earplugs anyways so really most people at the range are rockin it HOH in a sense

No, what I meant was it the city plowing the streets? Did the city tell your neighbor to move the car which got your neighbor to come and inform you?

This has nothing to do with the city. My neighbor that lived upstairs my condo building came downstairs to tell me our condo driveway was being plowed . The city does not have anything to do with plowing a private driveway! I was upset that my neighbor was pounding at my door with both fists for 5 minutes ! It was not his job to tell me to move my car! He should had called the condo office and have them call me! The fool know I am HOH
and should had stopped trying to break my door to get my attention! I have no use for stupid people and my neighbor was stupid for becoming a mad man because I could not hear him!

This has nothing to do with the city. My neighbor that lived upstairs my condo building came downstairs to tell me our condo driveway was being plowed . The city does not have anything to do with plowing a private driveway! I was upset that my neighbor was pounding at my door with both fists for 5 minutes ! It was not his job to tell me to move my car! He should had called the condo office and have them call me! The fool know I am HOH
and should had stopped trying to break my door to get my attention! I have no use for stupid people and my neighbor was stupid for becoming a mad man because I could not hear him!

Maybe your next hearing dog could be a Rottweiler and the man will have more respect!

I don't like it when hearing person acts like it my way or nothing. I prefer them be bit more flexiable. They gotta do some of work not us do ALL of the work!

Maybe your next hearing dog could be a Rottweiler and the man will have more respect!

LOL!! A hearing friend think I should not be upset at my neighbor, I disagree
with my friend! Just because I am HOH it does not give a hearing person the right to try and break my door down! I agree the guy was very disrespectful!
You would not believe the way he pounding on my door! He could had call the office and they would had call me to move my car.

There is a lot of moments that hearies ticked me off but one good example-

I spoke in Sign Language to my daughters in a grocery store or Walmart, there is a lady or church couples would come to me and give me money, mostly $20 dollars bill and God pamhplet (sp). For what? Feel bad that I am deaf and having 2 daughters. That insulted me so bad. I told them, You should be ashamed of yourself! and I gave the money back to them. I walked away from them.

That got upset my daughters because they did not like to see me to be unhappy about it. I reminded my daughters that people do not understand enough about deaf culture and should not put their sympathies on me.

I almost forgot, there is a stranger who tried to put his hands on my ears and praised the lord to bring my hearing back. I blew up at him and screamed at him. I felt so humiliated after that.

Back