What states are the cheaper place to live?

west/north Texas are cheaper than east/south.

log-cabin-dog-house-2-m.jpg

Only the way cheaper for you guys can stay free home..

OH, PA, FL, and SOUTH such as OK, KS, TN, etc.. are the cheapest states to live.

Most expensive states to live: DC, VA, NY, CA, NV (Las vegas and Lake Tahoe), NJ, MA (depends on where in the state, for instance, Long Island).

FL? You sure? It's not all of them but Miami is so expensive city.

Off topic - Funny thing to think about as it is very expensive to buy houses near the sea in Australia, BUT it is dirt cheap in Great Britain !!![/QUOTE]

It depends on whereabouts in GB you are referring to. If you want to live in London then it is expensive to buy, even an apartment with one bedroom will cost you about £1 million or more. If you want to live in countryside, the house can be from £400,000 upwards. I think the houses in USA/Canada are dirt cheap than here, because the size of the houses are big than here for the same price. My husband & I are planning to emigrate to Canada in a few years time and we’ve been searching properties on websites and found lots of them are really quite cheap and big houses with 5 bedrooms than we expected, whereas we live a 200 years old cottage with only 2 bedrooms for the same price. I believe the acreage in Canada is cheaper than here. If we are looking for any acreage here which will set you back from £50,000 for an acre. :hmm:

Southern Arizona (Tucson area) is a pretty inexpensive place to live. The last time I visited the University of Arizona, rent in the surrounding neighborhood went for $200-$300/month.

You could also get a very nice apartment for $600/month.

Shel, if you're reading this, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm sure rent has increased since I visited there last, but one thing I do know is that in my area, you can't rent apartments for $200-$300/month and rent of $600/month will get you a "so-so" apartment. Also, rent near one of our state universities goes for $800/month and up.

Southern Arizona (Tucson area) is a pretty inexpensive place to live. The last time I visited the University of Arizona, rent in the surrounding neighborhood went for $200-$300/month.

You could also get a very nice apartment for $600/month.

Shel, if you're reading this, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm sure rent has increased since I visited there last, but one thing I do know is that in my area, you can't rent apartments for $200-$300/month and rent of $600/month will get you a "so-so" apartment. Also, rent near one of our state universities goes for $800/month and up.

I just came back from visiting there.

It's not the same as it was before. Tucson area have been getting an average of 2000 new residents a month.

Supply and demand has gone through the roof there.

I just came back from visiting there.

It's not the same as it was before. Tucson area have been getting an average of 2000 new residents a month.

Supply and demand has gone through the roof there.

Yes, I've heard that the entire state of Arizona is having a population explosion. With that being the case, I'm sure rent and the cost of homes will skyrocket as a result.

How about middle of Kansas? There are plenty of FREE land available there!

No thanks, don't want live there because of Fred Phelps and heavily population of conservative christians.

Arizona is not cheaper! I did check it out at Apartments.com | Find Apartments for Rent, Houses, Condos and Townhomes | Rental Listings. Apartment Rent is little expensive than here! But California is the expensive than AZ and here. In my state is cheaper on apartment rents and mortgage house.

It depend on area where you live in city and country. If you live in small town. The rent will be cheapest!

California, Chicago, NYC, Florida's oceanside, and other are expensive in house and apartments.

Arizona is not cheaper! I did check it out at Apartments.com | Find Apartments for Rent, Houses, Condos and Townhomes | Rental Listings. Apartment Rent is little expensive than here! But California is the expensive than AZ and here. In my state is cheaper on apartment rents and mortgage house.

It depend on area where you live in city and country. If you live in small town. The rent will be cheapest!

California, Chicago, NYC, Florida's oceanside, and other are expensive in house and apartments.

Pinky,

Of course rent will be more expensive for a townhome or condo. I was talking about apartment rent.

I visited 12 different apartment complexes in Tucson and all of them ranged from $200/month to $800/month in rent.

Something interesting I noticed about Tucson is that you could have one apartment which charges $200/month in rent right next to an apartment that charges $600/month in rent. That just goes to show how diversified neighborhoods in Tucson are.

In my metro area, rent is based on the community you live in. In suburban neighborhoods, rent can be anywhere from $600/month (for a "so-so" apartment) to $1,000/month and up. In less expensive neighborhoods, rent can be as little as $300 month for a studio apartment.

Pinky,

Of course rent will be more expensive for a townhome or condo. I was talking about apartment rent.

I visited 12 different apartment complexes in Tucson and all of them ranged from $200/month to $800/month in rent.

Something interesting I noticed about Tucson is that you could have one apartment which charges $200/month in rent right next to an apartment that charges $600/month in rent. That just goes to show how diversified neighborhoods in Tucson are.

In my metro area, rent is based on the community you live in. In suburban neighborhoods, rent can be anywhere from $600/month (for a "so-so" apartment) to $1,000/month and up. In less expensive neighborhoods, rent can be as little as $300 month for a studio apartment.

You visited to AZ. Yes, That's true about AZ's apt rent is 200 up to 1,000. It depend on area. Your city is almost same my city's apt rent. I live in apartment with 2 bedroom with washer/dryer. Our rent is $655 a month per. We are going to move other nice apartment for $700 over with 3 bedrooms. We used to live in apartment with golf course and near to college. It's expensive to live. I can't afford to live in Chicago and California. Because my SSDAC is lmited. It's suck!

I don't expected that anyone will reply my post like that.

I was means referred as bible thumpers since Kansas is located in bible belt, it does cover in most part of southeast and lower midwest, you can PM me for more detail or look at wikipedia about define for bible thumper and bible belt, I can't explain here, also look at Fred Phelps as well.

I'm just expressed my feeling about area, social is part of my importance to consider about live in anywhere, I'm victim of bashing in 3 years ago, also PM me for more explain about situation in last 3 years ago, however I wasn't tried to offend anyone.

If you live on Chicago's south side, rent is considerably less expensive than it is for the north side (northern suburbs).

Yup, same goes in Gary area, including suburb of Gary is cheaper.

Outside of Chicago area, such as about 40-50 miles away from city center of Chicago is cheaper and some area is reasonable.

Back