What states are the cheaper place to live?

Y said:
How come cheaper in Arkansas ? Why ?

i have no idea.. lol.. i just knwo it is cheap when i compare to other states.. surprised me.. www.pjprop.com can look up on property and see how much it cost to buy here ...

but i knwo here sucks due to job.. as the federal minimum wage is 5.15 but suppose to change to over 6 dollars sometimes in future as they are debating to pass it in Capitol right now.

Just interesting reading for each states...

http://www.dol.gov/esa/minwage/america.htm

interesting that kansas have the lowest minimum wage which is 2.65. Ouch!

i noticed that many old people who worked many years out of state then retired and came here and build home and settle down? why is that? cuz low of taxes ? i am not sure? good question!

Cheaper living might go to sourtern states in between Arizona and Florida.

Northeast coast cost much cuz of demand by highest numbers of people live there. Their houses cost more due build to suit with the four season.

I would not move to cheaper living where hard to find job....and could be low SSDI or SSI if I have to apply?.

I sometimes to think about move to cheaper state then I realized that I am too enjoy to live in New England. I haven't thinking about move to Florida or Arizona when my age hit 70something....maybe not worth to move there int new places that I don't know well with my old brain, haha.

OH, PA, FL, and SOUTH such as OK, KS, TN, etc.. are the cheapest states to live.

Most expensive states to live: DC, VA, NY, CA, NV (Las vegas and Lake Tahoe), NJ, MA (depends on where in the state, for instance, Long Island).

SmileyGin said:

Yeah, I saw that list before. In 2005, Seattle ranked the most overpriced city. Now it dissappeared from the top 10 list which is a huge improvement because there is a major job boom and economic boom around here. Which helped kick Seattle out of that top 10 list.

Usually your SSI and SSDI remains the same when you move anywhere. With small exception, some states added money on top of the SSI which you'd lose, But not SSDI (State never add $ on top of SSDI checks). My gf moved from California to New Yawk and her SSDI checks remain the same.

MaxUFC said:
I would not move to cheaper living where hard to find job....and could be low SSDI or SSI if I have to apply?.

I sometimes to think about move to cheaper state then I realized that I am too enjoy to live in New England. I haven't thinking about move to Florida or Arizona when my age hit 70something....maybe not worth to move there int new places that I don't know well with my old brain, haha.

Hmmm, maybe they have changed the rating over last 10 years, but I remember that North Carolina has the worst labor law. Their labor law really protects employer far more than employees and they STILL considered employees as "Slavery", meaning that employer can do whatever they want with their employees. This sucks big time, and part reason why I moved back to New York. New York has one of best labor law in the USA, and that is part reason why many employers is leaving New York state! I think NYS and NJ got same kind of labor laws. Reason why they are the best (really bad for employers) is that if you, an employee came to work drunk and got injured at work, then the employer is FULLY liable for your injury regardless! Image if this drunk got permanent injury, the company have to pay all future disability check to this drunk! (Scaffold law)

pek1 said:
The entire southern coast (AR, LA, OK, MS, AL, GA, SC, NC) states are "right to work" states, which means that wages are lower than the national average. Oklahoma being the worst.

I think no matter where you go in any state. It just cost money to live. The thing is from what I've experienced. Living in a cheaper state could also mean the jobs the states provide may not pay as well as it would in another state that are higher in prices especially if you don't have the job skills. Just really depends on the siutation.

partly true! It depends on cost of living index, this puts everything in factor, Median income, median property values, median spending, median taxes, etc, etc, etc.

jlfwildkat said:
I think no matter where you go in any state. It just cost money to live. The thing is from what I've experienced. Living in a cheaper state could also mean the jobs the states provide may not pay as well as it would in another state that are higher in prices especially if you don't have the job skills. Just really depends on the siutation.

i agree with that.. it all depend on the area and job growth. good place to raise kids and good schools etc.. :)

Brian said:
Actually pek1, these states you just mentioned aren't the only "right to work" states.

LOL, Tousi. Yeah, that will do the trick in that kind of weather.

Yeah, I know, Brian. These are the only ones I could think of. If we can get more Democrats in office and cover them to the majority and override the "right to work," then people will be able to have a liveable wage. Until then, it's slavery, just like GWB and every GOP wants, unders the sun!

Actually it depends on which land you live on for cheap price.. For example, NYC one tiny bedroom apartment might cost you like 1000 a month but in NY country part, like Webb Mills area, hhuuugggeee four bedroom house with 2 acres of land to play on is like 550 a month.. So I feel its more of on where you will live on what part in certain state..

I used to live in Oklahoma, YES, its very cheap to live there.

Only I knew about AZ of Phx's rural area really quite cheaper cost..

That's all I've been curiouis compare other states...
*hmmmmm* but rest other states should be cheaper too..

Rest of all States are always have depend range of cost values the property houses as same Canada does same thing..

not only to look at cheapest price to buy also to look low or free property tax

Oregon and Alaska have no property tax, I know of, correct me if I am wrong, and add me what state has no property tax

The last time I was in Oregon was 7 years ago. As far as I know, they don't have sales taxes, but very high property taxes.

*update* I just checked the website for states without property taxes. Apparently none! Alaska and Oregon definetly have property taxes. Oregon do not have "homestead" and senior citizen/disablity discounts. Alaska do have discounts for senior citizens and disablities. To clarify this, state itself do not impose property taxes. Mostly by City, town, village and sometimes county is the ones who impose and collects property taxes.

FreeWoman77 said:

Oregon and Alaska have no property tax, I know of, correct me if I am wrong, and add me what state has no property tax

GalaxyAngel said:
Only I knew about AZ of Phx's rural area really quite cheaper cost..

That's all I've been curiouis compare other states...
*hmmmmm* but rest other states should be cheaper too..

Rest of all States are always have depend range of cost values the property houses as same Canada does same thing..

Real estate prices are boom rapidly, it sounds more expensive than Chicago area.

FreeWoman77 said:

Yea, you are right.

diehardbiker65 said:
The last time I was in Oregon was 7 years ago. As far as I know, they don't have sales taxes, but very high property taxes.

*update* I just checked the website for states without property taxes. Apparently none! Alaska and Oregon definetly have property taxes. Oregon do not have "homestead" and senior citizen/disablity discounts. Alaska do have discounts for senior citizens and disablities. To clarify this, state itself do not impose property taxes. Mostly by City, town, village and sometimes county is the ones who impose and collects property taxes.

yea, I found @ https://www.retirementliving.com/RLtaxes.html, I see Alaska does have property tax but no estate tax, state tax, retirement and e.t.c. I also look at WA I still not get what estate tax about after dead but alot taxes :/

that is a life :(

Hey FreeWoman77,
That's a Good one Interesting... Thanks !
:thumb:

Back