What states are the cheaper place to live?

Just wondering.. thanks!

I highly recommended Best Places To Live - CityRating.com
So that would help to find best places to live or retire. They could search for city demographic guides, local weather forecasts, cost of living, population statistics, school rankings, career and occupational outlook, weather history, average temperatures, relative humidity. That is a lot of statistical information.

i live in indiana. i move to indiana after i graduate high school in fremont, california. fremont too expensive i cant afford to live there. i pay my rent every week. every week it 90$. that include all utilities but not cable in my room. it is boarding house and it have washer and dryer, kitchen, and living room with big screen tv. it very nice!

I missed the forum and abt Kansas, it is cheap to live if u live outskirt of Greater Kansas City area like Gardner, Olathe, Bonner Springs, Lawrence ect. Most small towns tend to be cheap to live than in surban area. Johnson County Kansas are the 'richest' county and was on the list of the best place to live in USA. Homes in Jo Co are average in price but if new subdivisions, depending what size of house, usually 3 bedrooms house with double garage runs abt $170k to $190k while 4 bedroom home w/ 3 car garages runs abt $250k and above.

Topeka (to be warned) is boring city. It's in middle of nowhere and it's a state capitol. Wichita, KS have events and many history (mostly indians history) and close to Oklahoma. Hays, KS is close to Colorado but it's a big rural town. Lawrence, KS is a 'College town' cuz of KU and have lot of events and parties. Kansas City, KS have lot of new shopping area and is home of NASCAR (western kcks). KCKS is cheap but Easterrn KCKS have high crime.

Missouri is also a cheap place to live and heard some small town allow u to rent house less than $500 a month. Missouri have lot of events and adventures than KS.

So who says KS is the worst state.

Catty

Too high sales tax.

Why complain? Look at Canada, they have higher sale tax than in US.

Not just only in TN, there's high sale tax in AL too, most place are charge 9% on sale tax, same with TN too.

Both of AL and TN has lower property tax than NJ does, it don't make any difference, however TN don't have state tax, except for saving.

West of Texas is much cheap than rest of other place in Texas.

Interesting yet it shouldn't be surprised though.

It's just same idea about central (Tampa, Orlando) and north FL (Panhandle) are cheaper than in Miami metro area.

In SoCal, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties are cheaper than in LA and SD metro, after real estate crash and house price is declining so sharply, you can get nice medium house for $200,000 in Riverside County.

Same goes with Sacramento area too.

I know Kentucky state are cheaper to live, that's what my friends said since they lives in Kentucky.

I know Kentucky state are cheaper to live, that's what my friends said since they lives in Kentucky.

Depends on where you choose to live here in Ky, some parts of the state are much cheaper, but they also don't have much of a job market... the bigger cities (Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green) have better job markets and higher costs of living--

It's all relative to where you are moving from too-- I'm sure KY is MUCH cheaper then say Ca or Ny...

Depends on where you choose to live here in Ky, some parts of the state are much cheaper, but they also don't have much of a job market... the bigger cities (Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green) have better job markets and higher costs of living--

It's all relative to where you are moving from too-- I'm sure KY is MUCH cheaper then say Ca or Ny...

Louisville and Lexington is far cheap than in Chicago.

Simple way to find is type "cheap place to live" on google search engine and you will find answers. Many way like best place to live or place to retired cheaper like that. Texas cheaper since no state tax. so cheap to buy house near or in zone of big cities. Depend on what hobby you enjoy, health issue, jobs, housing prefer that will effect your decision where to live in.

OKlahoma! I had a friend that lived there and he had two acres of land and only paid $50 a year in realor estate taxes! I almost fell over backward when I heard that!

ortand tip for deaf house buyer

You may see many cheaper house with land however, you need to remember that some cheaper place don't work well with Videophone hookup/high speed internet unless new and better videophone to work so well in remote area.

Well...If you live in California or New York either and when you are ok with money and lived there for like 5-15 years like to used with that expensive.

Someday you would go to Florida and you would surpise how cheaper Florida than California or New York :p

I heard that Mostly Northern state is bit expensive than southern state because of AC, heating, etc....

Well...If you live in California or New York either and when you are ok with money and lived there for like 5-15 years like to used with that expensive.

Someday you would go to Florida and you would surpise how cheaper Florida than California or New York :p

I heard that Mostly Northern state is bit expensive than southern state because of AC, heating, etc....

Miami is very expensive city in FL but cheaper than NYC and SF.

It's not because of AC, it's just about market.

Texas is cheap if you can handle sweating in the summer. Austin is the most expensive city in Texas.

Back