What kind of weird games you used to play when you were a child?

Me and my older brother used to "play dead" on the side of the road.

We also would do this any time we saw a buzzard circling overhead. We never caught any buzzards that way (dang!).

I would, of course, play "house" with my little sister and her friends. Except I would invite my pet snakes and turtles (but they were never given a warm welcome! Very rude!).

edit: My brother and I got in trouble once when we were sitting in the back seat of the car. We were pretending we were being kidnapped by our mom. We would bang on the windows and mouth the words "HELP!" to people passing by in traffic.

Their expressions were priceless

LMAO!!

"Uh hello? I need to report.. um kids are being stolen on the hig-"

"Yes I see them trapped in these cars"

"Where am- I'm on highway 5 and these kids are, like, uh, banging on the windows and I think this is very-"

"No this is not a prank call! I'm seri-"

"High way 5"

"HIGH..WAY... FIVE!"

"Hurry. I can't keep up with them. I gotta get to the gas station soo-"

"Wait. They waving their arms back and forth"

"..."

"Oh sorry! Wait. I SAID WAIT I SEE SOMETHING"

"Shit."

*accidently drops the phone in truck rig due to being stunned by the fact that the kids were just playing with him*

"So sorry. I.. uh uh.. um... WHAT $5,000 FINE? WHAT I DO??? AM I GOING JAIL????"

Took this joke from another site and changed around a bit. :lol:

Some of the posts here are very funny.:lol:

Some of the things I used to do with my cousins (when I was a wee tyke, I had no siblings, but I had my cousins, Chris and Ashley)

We were going to the same school, we would find shopping carts, and use the tails or excess adjustment straps of our backpacks to connect them, two would go in the carts, and ride. While the other pulled the shopping carts making a train out of it.

Other things we would do....
Ashley and I loved to swim. So we would pretend that the tiles in the swimming pool where futuristic magic compartments that held stuff, and we were mermaids.

We would also pretend to be ice skaters while roller blading.:wave:

When our Mom's would leave for an outing, like to the mall or something, and we three were left behind. Chris would torment us, by trying to beat us up, or tickling us or something like that. Ashley and I would escape to the bathroom, lock the door, open a drawer (which is on the same side of the open part of the door), and keep him out. We would sometimes spend hours in the bathroom avoiding Chris.:roll:

@bolded words: I used to do this so much it isn't even funny. They are my favorite mythological creature :)

Games that I played as a kid:

1. My friend and I would jump on roof tops, go into abandoned buildings, pretending we were explorers.

2. My cousin and I used to pretend that we had our own talk show "Groovy Chicks, Rawr!" (yea this was the 90's, leave me alone lol).

3. Instead of playing with barbies, I played with animal figures.

4. I used to play hide and seek with my dogs... sad I know lol

5. My cousins and I would watch disney movies and mimic the character's lines as they spoke.

6. My cousin and I would put random objects in the microwave... note to self: bras ARE flammable!

7. My cousin and I would throw bras on people's houses. I think I understand now why the neighbor's wife was screaming that day... oops.

8. Throwing condoms at random people as if they were rubber bands... hey, I didn't know what they were for at that time! lol

@bolded sentences: LMAO!!! I've only used kitchen utensils to cook and as weapons against my sister when we fought.

I used to play in my grandparents old barn (it is still standing) where we would swing on a rope strung from the rafter, and would swing into old hay bales. I remember once, me and one of my cousins were in there by ourselves taking turns swinging from the rope into a pile of hay bales in a corner. Well we had done this countless times and I recall watching her from the front of the barn when she glided out of the swing into the hay bales and a large rooster came out from behind those hay bales crowing its head off and flapping his wings! She went screaming in circles and I was laughing my ass off.

Other times we would go to her grandmother's house to use their pool and we would race back and forth or pretend we were mermaids. Occasionally we would do finger spelling under water and had to guess what the other said. That lasted until I had a horrible reaction to the chlorine. My eyes felt like they were on fire, my face was swollen, and my skin had these splotches all over it. I recall just being miserable for about 8 hours.

Other games we played were 'Haunted House'. All of us grandkids (there's about 15 of us mind you) would split into two teams and we would turn our Granny's middle bedroom into a haunted house by implementing a series of booby traps. It was guaranteed that the King Albert poker chips would somehow be involved, EVERYTIME. We would hide under the bed and grab their feet when they walked by, we would stuff the smallest one in the toy box to jump out and scream (usually me). We would string a rope from the dresser to the window for people to trip over. It was generally a big enough mess that even with about 7 to 15 kids cleaning it up it would take 30-45mins to put the room back as we had found it.

Other things we did included jackass type things such as stuffing each other in the dryer and turning it on as we had found a way to hold the door sensor down so it would run with the door open.

We also often went walking along the dirt road to the gas station about a mile from my grandmother's house to get a coke and candy bar, we were each given $1 to spend. Back then you could get a coke and a candy bar for $1. Now it is probably closer to $3.

We also had the luxuries of nintendo and tetris, but I think we just realized we could have more fun with active things and face to face communication.

I used to play "Evil baby"... Someone needs to hold the baby and run with it. Lights off in the hallway and couple rooms. Everyone has seconds to hide in the dark and the person with the baby doll would count before going out to find one person and tag, so that person would be the Evil baby and start a new game and repeat... Shit. Now that I think about it. It's so ddsgdsgadsfgsghfhsdfhsdghfdhdsgsdhsdhsd... why?? bleh

@Dixie: That sounds so cool! I wish I could have played in a farm but I grew up in the city and as such we didn't visit the country so often. LOL@stuffing in the dryer!!! My sis and I have always being big girls...there was no way we fit in one.

Of the other stuff we used to play was putting plastic cups on the back wheel of the bicycle so it'd made a noise resembling that of a motorcycle and we'd pretend we were bikers...the rough looking kind :giggle:

I used to play "Evil baby"... Someone needs to hold the baby and run with it. Lights off in the hallway and couple rooms. Everyone has seconds to hide in the dark and the person with the baby doll would count before going out to find one person and tag, so that person would be the Evil baby and start a new game and repeat... Shit. Now that I think about it. It's so ddsgdsgadsfgsghfhsdfhsdghfdhdsgsdhsdhsd... why?? bleh

:laugh2::laugh2: that is just so funny! Such a weird game.

My little sisters and I used to play funeral all the time. lol

We had this long toybox that ironically looked like a coffin...so we took turns playing dead, etc. We had fake flowers, funeral music, and even made programs for the funeral.

Pretty morbid. lol

We had this long toybox that ironically looked like a coffin...so we took turns playing dead, etc. We had fake flowers, funeral music, and even made programs for the funeral.

Pretty morbid. lol

My brother and I would have done that if we thought we could catch a buzzard that way. :giggle:

I still remember telling my brother the reason we couldn't catch buzzards is because we didn't smell dead. I could literally see the light bulb turn on over his head when he asked to use my sister's perfume (called "toilet water").

Two boys playing dead in the middle of a grassy field stinking like perfume :laugh2:

we gave up and tried to catch armadillos instead.

Out of curiosity, why you guys wanted to catch buzzards so badly?

I wanted to grow up and be a famous hunter in Africa .... so it was "practice":lol:

The only thing I was able to catch were lizards, tadpoles, gopher turtles, snakes, locusts, racoons and rabbits.

Of course they all became a "pet". I was light years ahead of Steve Irwin ;)

i used to pretend to be Scott Tracy, the pilot for Thunderbird One, just before school starts, moving down along the half circle "rain - pipe" between buildings as if they were the same as 'tracks' of the slides, lifts and conveyors moving the pilots seat to the rocket then countdown to the launch to go with the bell-ring before school starts. weird lonely game i used to play by myself since i wasnt allowed in the Deaf unit in the morning due to 'pushing my out to hearing classes' sad but true...

Back in 1976 or 1977, my sister, two step sisters, one step brother and I sneaked in to someone's big house (sort of mansion) with swimming pool where there was no one living at that time (prolly they are on vacation or something). We did broke into the house to explore around and then we found swimming pool with "Guest house." And we stole cookies from the jar before we headed into swimming and we all were naked in the pool for fun where the toys at the bottom to retrieve them for hours and hours but i got out of pool and dressed up while they still naked in the pool and then about 10 to 15 minutes later, my mom came and caught them in naked and SCOLDED at them except me... :giggle: I was playing innocent that time... Dang that CLOSE to caught me with them.... They were pissed off at me for not giving their clothes back on before my mom came in.... WHEW!!!!

Pretty morbid. lol

I have to admit I got a good chuckle out of that story. Morbid, yes... but you know how children are. :)

I wanted to grow up and be a famous hunter in Africa .... so it was "practice":lol:

The only thing I was able to catch were lizards, tadpoles, gopher turtles, snakes, locusts, racoons and rabbits.

Of course they all became a "pet". I was light years ahead of Steve Irwin ;)

LOL Your mom must have been going crazy with so many "pets" in the house...specially the tadpoles, yuck!

i used to pretend to be Scott Tracy, the pilot for Thunderbird One, just before school starts, moving down along the half circle "rain - pipe" between buildings as if they were the same as 'tracks' of the slides, lifts and conveyors moving the pilots seat to the rocket then countdown to the launch to go with the bell-ring before school starts. weird lonely game i used to play by myself since i wasnt allowed in the Deaf unit in the morning due to 'pushing my out to hearing classes' sad but true...

I've read the bolded part so many times trying to understand what you meant by that but I have absolutely no idea. Could you please explain? :)

Back in 1976 or 1977, my sister, two step sisters, one step brother and I sneaked in to someone's big house (sort of mansion) with swimming pool where there was no one living at that time (prolly they are on vacation or something). We did broke into the house to explore around and then we found swimming pool with "Guest house." And we stole cookies from the jar before we headed into swimming and we all were naked in the pool for fun where the toys at the bottom to retrieve them for hours and hours but i got out of pool and dressed up while they still naked in the pool and then about 10 to 15 minutes later, my mom came and caught them in naked and SCOLDED at them except me... :giggle: I was playing innocent that time... Dang that CLOSE to caught me with them.... They were pissed off at me for not giving their clothes back on before my mom came in.... WHEW!!!!

How come they didn't say you were in there?? if it had been over here...gosh...everyone would say in a chorus the one out was in the pool too so he/she got the punishment as well :giggle:

How come they didn't say you were in there?? if it had been over here...gosh...everyone would say in a chorus the one out was in the pool too so he/she got the punishment as well :giggle:

Honestly, i don't know why they haven't saying that i was there with them..... I believe that they got their punishment as well :giggle: All of them are hearings except myself! I did not lipreading what my mom or they said that time which that i do not know what's going on with their sayings..... But still had in good memories for me! :naughty: :giggle:

I dared my brother to eat a goldfish once. I didn't think he'd actually do it since he was 13 and knew it was a stupid move but sure enough, he did :eek3: Boy did I get a shitload of trouble that day :shock:

We'd prank each other by waking up the other with pots and pans banging loudly, saran wrap the toilet seat in hope to prank each other but.... ended up getting our stepdad instead :shock:

I dared my brother to eat a goldfish once. I didn't think he'd actually do it since he was 13 and knew it was a stupid move but sure enough, he did :eek3: Boy did I get a shitload of trouble that day :shock:

We'd prank each other by waking up the other with pots and pans banging loudly, saran wrap the toilet seat in hope to prank each other but.... ended up getting our stepdad instead :shock:

lol!
I had a student who ate our class goldfish. :/

OMG LOLOL I can't even begin to imagine what it must have been like to eat a live fish. I've never gotten animals in my mouth that weren't supposed to be there, lol, but I once almost swallow a roach. It was dead at the bottom of a glass. I hadn't noticed and poured water in it. Just as I was finishing the water, I, by chance, look into the glass and there I see the roach in there!!! I almost vomit -____-

I wanted to hang like a monkey. Inspired when I was 4:
34258_930911064633_3221398_50220419_1573565_n.jpg

Back