What Is the Big Deal With Gay Marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I feel like theres a very simple, straightforward question thats been asked here and people are finding many creative ways to avoid giving a simple, straightforward answer.

Like?

I have a question, too. For all of those that are so certain that homosexuality does not have a biological basis (because then you would be denying rights based on a biological difference in the same way that this country once denied rights based on racial and gender differences)...have any of you managed to read and evaluate the studies on discordant and concordant rates of homosexuality in twin studies? How about the prevalence rate based on a familial link through a paternal uncle? Have you managed to get ahold of and read the studies on the effects of andogen exposure prenatally?

Not really. Since the electoral college is taken by state....each vote within a state counts the same. But of course I was not discussing presidential elections in the first place

Ok by me dear, it was you that brought up the electoral college

Yes I did. In response to your statement.:cool2:

I have a question, too. For all of those that are so certain that homosexuality does not have a biological basis (because then you would be denying rights based on a biological difference in the same way that this country once denied rights based on racial and gender differences)...have any of you managed to read and evaluate the studies on discordant and concordant rates of homosexuality in twin studies? How about the prevalence rate based on a familial link through a paternal uncle? Have you managed to get ahold of and read the studies on the effects of andogen exposure prenatally?

Pretty far off topic.....Perhaps you should start a thread

People have repeatedly asked how gay marriage being legalized would harm those who disagree with it. I might've missed something, but I've yet to see a real answer to that.

We are talking about it in terms of social justice and the probability of it being a reality in the very near future for residents of all states. But, you have once again mispoken, because there are states in which gay marriage is indeed a reality. In fact, there are entire countries where it is a reality.

The states which endorse gay marriage do not provide a license of civil union. They provide a marriage license. Your attempt at semantic games has backfired on you.

Dare you to put the issue before ALL VOTERS in America. It will backfire on you.
BTW: It was not put before ALL VOTERS in Canada

Pretty far off topic.....Perhaps you should start a thread

It isn't off topic at all. It is regarding the biological causes of homosexual orientation. It has already been discussed in this thread in numerous posts. And since people are using moral reasoning to deny a right to those with a homosexual orientation, how does it fit morally to deny a right to another based on a biological difference? A.G. Bell proposed denying marriage rights based on biology of the deaf. No one thinks that is a moral stand to take. So why is denial of the rights to another population with a biological difference okay? See...very much on topic.

Dare you to put the issue before ALL VOTERS in America. It will backfire on you.
BTW: It was not put before ALL VOTERS in Canada

:laugh2: I double dog dare you to put the vote to ALL VOTERS in America.:laugh2:

People like you said the same thing about Obama being elected. And you were wrong then, too.:laugh2::laugh2:

Now, back to the topic. I asked a question in a recent post. Care to answer it? Because you are one of the ones that deny any biological evidence of homosexuality.

People have repeatedly asked how gay marriage being legalized would harm those who disagree with it. I might've missed something, but I've yet to see a real answer to that.

You didn't miss it. It has never been answered.

Reba gave a pretty decent answer I think. But overall I don't think harm is the issue. Again it's about what kind of country each of us wants to live in. And thankfully, unlike many other countries, we all have a say

I want to live in a country that values all people equally.

It isn't off topic at all. It is regarding the biological causes of homosexual orientation. It has already been discussed in this thread in numerous posts. And since people are using moral reasoning to deny a right to those with a homosexual orientation, how does it fit morally to deny a right to another based on a biological difference? A.G. Bell proposed denying marriage rights based on biology of the deaf. No one thinks that is a moral stand to take. So why is denial of the rights to another population with a biological difference okay? See...very much on topic.

I disagree but oh well..... :lol:

I've seen wonderful healthy realtionships like with Karen and Nancy (my second mom and her partner) and my two uncles and their husbands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back