What is is ICQ Number?

I get people from Africa wanting me to put million pounds in my bank for them screw me out of money...I asked one to show me goodwill and send £2000 cash by post or go feed starving poor in their own country never bothered me again.Amazing how many get taken in.
icq logo has special meaning I no remember it and can#t find it on net

Yeah, and I got spam from unknown people begging me to use $54 million wisely, which is a bunch of bulls***, as I full well know, and tossed it.

I think I read on here if they use numbers on usernames that often scammers...I use numbers if known that I would dropped the numbers

I think I read on here if they use numbers on usernames that often scammers...I use numbers if known that I would dropped the numbers

That's one way to tell. Another would be if they send the same email to people with your first name and the same email domain, such as Yahoo or Gmail. If you see more than 15 first names similar to yours with the same e-mail domain, it's spam.

Ahh the good ole Nigerian Scam... That particular one has been around for at least 15 years- almost from the dawn of email usage. I remember getting those on AOL. Don't remember if I ever did on Prodigy (for DOS).

Ahh the good ole Nigerian Scam... That particular one has been around for at least 15 years- almost from the dawn of email usage. I remember getting those on AOL. Don't remember if I ever did on Prodigy (for DOS).

Yup. Not worth opening, and straight in the trash.

I get things I don't subscribe to and when I unsubscribe it makes it worse....I have about three or four thousand emails in my yahoo account 99%will be crap or scammers I don't know how to delete them on yahoo but gmail are in the clouds so do that mean not on my computer

I get things I don't subscribe to and when I unsubscribe it makes it worse....I have about three or four thousand emails in my yahoo account 99%will be crap or scammers I don't know how to delete them on yahoo but gmail are in the clouds so do that mean not on my computer

Easy. There is a box that is at the top of your emails that lets you highlight all your emails, and you click on delete, and all of them go into the trash. Not hard to do. :)

yes I can highlight and delete but I not doing three thousand want the lot gone on one swipe

Doing it manually is a pain in the a** and you'll be cranky.

more than cranky,i be sitting on arse all day doing that give you piles aswel as pain in arse
icon9.gif

yes I can highlight and delete but I not doing three thousand want the lot gone on one swipe

You can delete spam emails from Yahoo in one click. You just go hover your mouse to the 'spam' and a trash can will appear next to it (see picture).

Click on that trash can.

*poof* all spam gone at once in mere second!

I get 100's a day too. I constantly click on that and it's easily gone without sweating.

v3Jx9UM.jpg

thanks...but is this stuff in my computer or in clouds I never know if virus active when open the email or can they just email wham you got it without opening it..
even if I don't open them would they still be clogging up my computer slowing it down

for yahoo- the email is actually on their servers. If you use a email program like outlook, Outlook express or something else to download then the emails will be on your computer.

for yahoo- the email is actually on their servers. If you use a email program like outlook, Outlook express or something else to download then the emails will be on your computer.

Not necessarily. With today's technology, it's easier than ever to bring your e-mail with you on the go, especially if a person owns a smartphone or a good quality tablet like I do (My Asus tablet), you can carry your e-mail on the tablet or smartphone in today's world. Makes it far easier to answer more timely than ever before. Heck, even Thresholds allows their staff to install their work e-mail on smartphones.

It is not Mac only. I have never had a Mac and used it.

oh ok.. figures lol I treid to download ICQ it wud not let me it got confusing so I stopped trying to get it. and about scam part.. yeah I got few emails about scam but I deleted it right away ;) and poor cousin of mine got his facebook account hacked so he had to start all over again I told him KEEP checking your facebook not abandon it or it wud get hacked again he said nothing lol. I keep checking facebook make sure nothing happen like that again ;) but yeah scammers wud do anything to try to get $$ blah but I never give in.. ;)

Back