What is is ICQ Number?

oh, wow. Forgot about ICQ. I still remember my number; wonder if I can still login? Think I had that in the mid-late 90's.

Rat's tried the web version, and none of my old passwords I can remember from then work :(

I bet their support department regularly deals with old school users re-discovering the service, I was on the brink of emailing them. Until today, though, there was no email address associated with my UIN so I don't know how else they could prove you were you?

I used to have my ICQ number, but I don't use it anymore because some new features such as AOL AIM, Yahoo Messenger, MSN, etc. I disliked Yahoo Messenger because several scammers harassing me, so I quit it for good.

I rarely use SKYPE. I frequently use facetime and AOL AIM.

long time since used icq it still around..forgot all my passwords and numbers

Don't have record of the number I used to have and the email on it was about 12 of them ago and I sure do not remember that one.

I never understood how to use it so I don't use it I didn't realize it was for mac only? lol ;)

It was intended for the OP he has a lot to learn :nana:

I quitted use ICQ in 2003.

I only have AIM, Google, Yahoo and MSN (rarely use).

I quitted use ICQ in 2003.

I only have AIM, Google, Yahoo and MSN (rarely use).

I also have AIM and Google, as well as Yahoo Messenger, but how come AllDeaf doesn't have something for Google users? :hmm:

Very fewer members put IM info on their profile nowadays due to scammers.

That's true. However, if any members have the appropriate protections in place, they not need worry. For example, I USED to have a lot of problems with someone else logging into my Convo account, until I added Bitdefender to my devices, and guess what? It's remained signed in, and no one has tried to hijack it since I added it to my tablets. Also, I should add that my other VRS accounts also are staying signed in since adding it, as is Purple. Purple used to sign in and out at random times, but ever since adding Bitdefender, things have stabilized a LOT.

Anti virus programs etc do not cover IMs themselves- I used to get a ton of Spam IMs on Yahoo both as an IM sent or as a friend request. Yahoo has a feature that you can report it as spam, I don't remember if AIM does or not. MSN I haven't gotten any spam/inappropriate IMs in a very long time.

Anti virus programs etc do not cover IMs themselves- I used to get a ton of Spam IMs on Yahoo both as an IM sent or as a friend request. Yahoo has a feature that you can report it as spam, I don't remember if AIM does or not. MSN I haven't gotten any spam/inappropriate IMs in a very long time.

No, probably not, but you CAN scan the links to see if they're scam links or not. That's what they're for. I haven't used that feature yet, but if someone IM's me, that's exactly what I intend to do-- scan any links to make sure it's legit. I take my tablet and email security very seriously, and because today's criminals are looking for ways to con people, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Yes true but 99% of the time it is quite obvious that the link and/or user is spam and potentially malicious so I just report if I can, then delete it without ever touching the link. Only if you click on the link will it launch anything and affect your machine.

Being online for so many years I've learned to recognize when a link is a spam/malware. If it isn't obvious I either ask the person it was sent from (emails usually when friends' emails get hijacked) or google it. With the awareness now of scams resembling bank links much higher now its easy enough to know (especially if you don't even bank there- including a so called link to a London bank lol).

Whatever works for ya.

Yes true but 99% of the time it is quite obvious that the link and/or user is spam and potentially malicious so I just report if I can, then delete it without ever touching the link. Only if you click on the link will it launch anything and affect your machine.

Being online for so many years I've learned to recognize when a link is a spam/malware. If it isn't obvious I either ask the person it was sent from (emails usually when friends' emails get hijacked) or google it. With the awareness now of scams resembling bank links much higher now its easy enough to know (especially if you don't even bank there- including a so called link to a London bank lol).

Whatever works for ya.

That's the thing-- I don't get spam as much as most people do-- probably because I'm smart enough to NOT fall for it, like some people are. Now, if a person who I trust sent me a link from a hijacked account, I would scan said link, and if it's determined to be malicious, then I would warn said friend that the account had been hijacked, and steps needed to be taken. And as for banking scams-- those are the ones I'm on the lookout for, as well as those from people claiming to be the IRS.

That's the thing-- I don't get spam as much as most people do-- probably because I'm smart enough to NOT fall for it, like some people are. Now, if a person who I trust sent me a link from a hijacked account, I would scan said link, and if it's determined to be malicious, then I would warn said friend that the account had been hijacked, and steps needed to be taken. And as for banking scams-- those are the ones I'm on the lookout for, as well as those from people claiming to be the IRS.

I get people from Africa wanting me to put million pounds in my bank for them screw me out of money...I asked one to show me goodwill and send £2000 cash by post or go feed starving poor in their own country never bothered me again.Amazing how many get taken in.
icq logo has special meaning I no remember it and can#t find it on net

Back