• Pop

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Coke

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Other Spill it out

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
You can say that again. :laugh2:

One of my TAs at my university mentioned the same thing about the word bubbler. She said the only time she ever heard of that word was when she came to Milwaukee. :lol:

I just learned the new word from this thread 2 hours ago. thanks. In case, i visit WISC, i would ask "where is the bubbler? " thankyou. :D

I just learned the new word from this thread 2 hours ago. thanks. In case, i visit WISC, i would ask "where is the bubbler? " thankyou. :D

No problem! :giggle:

If you do visit Wisconsin, let me know and I can fill you in on all of the other exclusive words we use. :laugh2:

:lol: Bubbly is usually speaking of Champagne.

Never heard of the bubbler! for Sodas.

dogmom said that she hears people in Wisconsin say drinking fountain, but I never have. I've always heard people say bubbler instead.

I have heard of Fountain drinks. but not of drinking fountains.

and bubbler is new to me..

Learn something new everyday :P

I have heard of Fountain drinks. but not of drinking fountains.

and bubbler is new to me..

Learn something new everyday :P

:lol:

I've heard of fountain drinks and soda fountains. I've also heard of Coke describing everything from a root beer to a Pepsi thanks to a friend of mine who lives in Texas. :)

:lol:

I've heard of fountain drinks and soda fountains. I've also heard of Coke describing everything from a root beer to a Pepsi thanks to a friend of mine who lives in Texas. :)

A soda or pop.. Is usually what I hear of around here.

Some do ask for specifics. such as a certain brand or fountain drink. Mostly they say get it in a cup with ice! Meaning fountain drinks.

In Tennessee, they call it "cold drink".

Yep, Haha. It's the same way here in Kentucky too.

Although, I usually would call it a Soda.

By the way - The thread is moved to it's proper location.

We call it by brand name. Always have been, always will.

Anytime we get a new person joining our family, we always tell them that we go by brand names instead of 'pop', 'soda', etc.

Well if the household has only one brand in their fridge, I can see saying grab me a soda..

but when I go to the store I put on my grocery list. Soda.

It is almost like saying.. I am going to grab a beer. No one truly say... the brand name. They just say "Beer"

Almost the same concept. Unless you are ordering a specific brand.

I voted Soda....When asking someone if they would like a soda....and they say "sure"....I'll say OK, I've got coke, pepsi, mountain dew ....etc., and let them choose.

If I'm asked, "You want a drink"?, then I would assume it's either alcohol or beer/wine.

Java seems to have replaced coffee among my circle.

Bubbles or Bubbly is surely champagne.

Yep, Haha. It's the same way here in Kentucky too.

Although, I usually would call it a Soda.

By the way - The thread is moved to it's proper location.

Yeah, and they leave the end of off "cold" so it sounds like "co". The first time someone asked me if I wanted a "co drink" I had no idea what they were asking me!:lol:

I'm not sure which one I tend to call it. I think that depends what to say like if I write down on grocery list, I call it soda or the name of brand. If I ask question, I sign "Pop" becuz most deaf ppl tend to say, "Pop" with lipread. And another more different questions: I ask to hearie, "Which soda do u want?" or "Do u want soda?" Sometimes I say that do u want one or which one; even the name of brand if I stand by the soda or if I go to the restaurant or fast food, I tend to order the name of brand. I think I call it most of time "Soda" becuz I think the way I grew up where I brought from my family tend to say that's how I hear with the word going around circle in my brain. But I haven't decided which vote. I'll come back later when I am full of awake.

Back