Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Pop

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Coke

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Other Spill it out

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
:wave:still "soda" in area of state where I am - that's how it was when I was growing up ...but when I was up North for college, I met people from up in that area and farther North and West in Wi and they called it "pop".
also sometimes Coke means general soda, not the opposite of "Pepsi"

sometimes in restaurants hubby just orders "brown, liquid, fizzy" to avoid the whole "pop/soda/Coke/which?" thing

I've always called it soda. Hubby (from Michigan) grew up calling it pop but he calls it soda now. Older people in the SC Lowcountry call it coke-cola, even if it isn't Coca-Cola brand.

every time, i order somethig to eat and then ask for coke. some of cashiers dont bother to let me know that they dont have coke but pepsi. how kind of cashiers that some of them say, " pepsi ok? ". haha

every time, i order somethig to eat and then ask for coke. some of cashiers dont bother to let me know that they dont have coke but pepsi. how kind of cashiers that some of them say, " pepsi ok? ". haha
Same here. If they do ask, depending on my mood, I might respond "Yeah, I guess that'll do". ;)

I think they do that because it offends Pepsi if they don't point out the difference. :lol:

Back