What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark I was very active my whole life. I broke my leg all the way across right under my knee cap a little over a year ago. We were in Maui on vacation. I used to be a big time runner, exercised all the time, softball, volleyball, bowling, tennis and bike riding. Then I got really sick and my life went in the crapper activity wise. I'm suppose to have knee replacements both knees. Not going to happen though.

I hear you. There will come a point someday in life where I'll need to get my knee professionally done, but it's doing fine on its own. When I tore my knee in 2004, 2006, 2012 and 2013, my active life went into the crapper, for a short time until I could regain strength, and get back to daily life. You can be active again if you put your mind to it and be positive. You'll find something that you like. Be positive!

Mark

Sent from my ZTE Groove Cricket phone via AllDeaf Mobile App

I hear you. There will come a point someday in life where I'll need to get my knee professionally done, but it's doing fine on its own. When I tore my knee in 2004, 2006, 2012 and 2013, my active life went into the crapper, for a short time until I could regain strength, and get back to daily life. You can be active again if you put your mind to it and be positive. You'll find something that you like. Be positive!

Mark

Mark,
It's nice to see you are thinking positive thoughts. I have Dystonia it has disabled me mostly. There is nothing that makes it better. I did have to leave my job and stop ALL activities. I just got accepted into the volunteer program for my local police department. Since my background is Pharmacology I hope to help with the DARE program or even with the DEA again. Staying positive is the best way to live.

Mark,
It's nice to see you are thinking positive thoughts. I have Dystonia it has disabled me mostly. There is nothing that makes it better. I did have to leave my job and stop ALL activities. I just got accepted into the volunteer program for my local police department. Since my background is Pharmacology I hope to help with the DARE program or even with the DEA again. Staying positive is the best way to live.

And that itself will benefit a lot of people-- not just police officers and agents, but also kids who might be tempted to abuse pharmacy drugs that were prescribed to elders, and since you have knowledge of these drugs, I feel you will be a great assest. I think you're doing a wonderful thing.

Mark

And that itself will benefit a lot of people-- not just police officers and agents, but also kids who might be tempted to abuse pharmacy drugs that were prescribed to elders, and since you have knowledge of these drugs, I feel you will be a great assest. I think you're doing a wonderful thing.

Mark

Mark,
I am so impressed. You have been working hard and it shows. When someone is in pain or been injured most of the time they just want someone to listen. I am very proud of you. Keep up the good work. You being positive will make some great changes in your life. You do keep AD from being boring that is for sure.:giggle:

Wow. That is expensive. How is your husband feeling now?
He's starting to hurt. He's been using ice packs and pain pill. Kinda groggy.

It hurts him to talk, so it's a good thing he can sign to me. :)

Where did he learn such a skill, may I ask?

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

I find it cute and amusing when hearing people sign to each other.

awww shit

Aw, thanks. It wasn't my intention to do that, but I suppose I have an uncanny knack for entertaining people. It IS how I got into acting, after all. :)

Mark

Let me see...... what did I learn today? I learned that once you bring attention to a person's needs, that person has no choice but to obey.

Mark

Last edited:
I learned that I tore my a-hole muscle. TMI, I know, but dang, it's pretty sore.

Mark

:shock: Did you just say that for the whole world to know this?

Constipation?

:shock: Did you just say that for the whole world to know this?

Constipation?

No. Dunno what, but I'll be all right. Done it before.

Mark

AHHH Mark you were doing so good. Definitely TMI TMI TMI.....Think before you post. Once you hit send, you can't get it back. Type something.....wait a couple minutes....then decide if you want to share. This was not something to share.

AHHH Mark you were doing so good. Definitely TMI TMI TMI.....Think before you post. Once you hit send, you can't get it back. Type something.....wait a couple minutes....then decide if you want to share. This was not something to share.

Well, fortunately it's easy to change, so I'll probably do that now.

Mark

Like Jiro says, "Photos or it didn't happen."

:lol:

BTW, if it happened before, you didn't learn your lesson?

Nobody wants to see my asshole. And to respect Dreamer, there was some blood, so I have to respectfully decline. And tearing it wasn't by choice, either-- it happens.

Mark

Like Jiro says, "Photos or it didn't happen."

j/k

:lol:

BTW, if it happened before, you didn't learn your lesson?

:lol: I don't think that"s something we would want to see, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back