What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haha wasn't you caz!

Although the first time I met you here I did actually think you were a 20-something american guy. But that was just because of something you drunk-posted on one of my threads. I think.

Anyway, now I know you better and I like you alot better than that guy. I'm still not sure if he was trying to be a jerk or if it just came naturally to him.

haha wasn't you caz!

Although the first time I met you here I did actually think you were a 20-something american guy. But that was just because of something you drunk-posted on one of my threads. I think.

Anyway, now I know you better and I like you alot better than that guy. I'm still not sure if he was trying to be a jerk or if it just came naturally to him.

thank you....i learn to late never go on computer pi88ed,i cringe when i think of it:naughty:

I learned which friends to keep and trust and which ones to give the boot to:giggle::bump:

I learned my nephew is celebrating tonight. He is, as of today, 7 months smoke free, off cigarettes. Both my brother, sister in law and niece all smoke, but nephew made a wise decision. And, he did it cold turkey, while working in a bar and being a DJ.

Wirelessly posted

KristinaB said:
I learned my nephew is celebrating tonight. He is, as of today, 7 months smoke free, off cigarettes. Both my brother, sister in law and niece all smoke, but nephew made a wise decision. And, he did it cold turkey, while working in a bar and being a DJ.

Congrats to his success and keep it up :)

Kristina, that's awesome about your nephew! Especially with the bar atmosphere. My mom quit smoking "cold turkey" too, when I was about 11 or 12 - she'd had enough of me leaving "risk of smoking" brochures all around and my complaining about it. She started smoking as a teen, quit during the later part of her pregnancy with me and then started smoking again after I was born. She used to smoke about a pack a day. After she quit the second time <when I was urging her to>, she never smoked again. One day when she was in her late 40's <I was born when she older, they had tried and given up and then -surprise!> and I'd been complaining about it I guess, she just -stopped. And never did it again. She's 79 now.

Anyway, I'm very happy for your nephew:wave:

I learned my hubby's mom used to make breakfast for him at times when he was living at home - after he got home from his work at the gas station when he was going to the university. For a couple of his early college years he worked the night shift at a gas station and he was home Summers <this was before we met - he'd already been in college when I was just graduating from high school. I went to college at 17.> and my hub would get home about 7am. His mom made breakfast for him - egg sandwiches. He LOVES egg sandwiches and so we were talking about why he might love them so much.:giggle:

that good congrats..this constant battle i have.ciggi win one day will power another

Ok, so this is a very late thing to learn. I've been working on my laptop from home and started using an old keyboard from a 2000 iMac. I've probably always used it flat. Don't think I ever noticed until today that it has a flap that swings from underneath, below the space bar to the back to tilt it up. Even has little clips to hold it in place.

Ok, so this is a very late thing to learn. I've been working on my laptop from home and started using an old keyboard from a 2000 iMac. I've probably always used it flat. Don't think I ever noticed until today that it has a flap that swings from underneath, below the space bar to the back to tilt it up. Even has little clips to hold it in place.

And you make your living working with computers? j/k
I'm sure everyone, at one time or another, has a DUH moment. :D

And you make your living working with computers? j/k
I'm sure everyone, at one time or another, has a DUH moment. :D

I had one of those. When I started housekeeping I learned that you lift the top of the stove top up so you can clean it. I had no idea!!! For years I'd take the burners out and try to clean it through the holes :Oops: I was all "omg!!! how did I not know this???" "why did no one tell me???"

I learned that AAA is offering discounted tickets to see Turbo.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

just learned that:wave:

I had one of those. When I started housekeeping I learned that you lift the top of the stove top up so you can clean it. I had no idea!!! For years I'd take the burners out and try to clean it through the holes :Oops: I was all "omg!!! how did I not know this???" "why did no one tell me???"

Same for me, years ago I learn it by accident, I was trying to pull the stove out to clean out the back and some how I pulled the top apart!! Holy sh*t At first I thought I broke it off but as I look closer and realized that there's hinges at the back of the stove! So, that's how you can clean it out! I always take out the burners and the trays to clean under it... crap...lifting the top up is lot easier to cleaned out!! I keep getting nicked cut scratched on the back of my hands going through the tiny holes...

Today I learned that the federal government tell Comcast what they have to have on their packages for cable TV. It's. called 'the must have list' . How the HELL can that happen??

Go get me a beer woman!!! :naughty:

My ex husband and I where at his sister's house looking at some photos and my ex told me to go get his eyes glasses and I told my ex I could see the photos fines! He learned he could not boss me around to impress his brother in law.

nothing at all today, didn't study...and I'm glad to have neurons firing in other ways...feels different, kind of at the pace of sunday-driving

Same for me, years ago I learn it by accident, I was trying to pull the stove out to clean out the back and some how I pulled the top apart!! Holy sh*t At first I thought I broke it off but as I look closer and realized that there's hinges at the back of the stove! So, that's how you can clean it out! I always take out the burners and the trays to clean under it... crap...lifting the top up is lot easier to cleaned out!! I keep getting nicked cut scratched on the back of my hands going through the tiny holes...

This depends on such things as age and brand of the range. I have an electric one from what we think was the 1950's by Montgomery Ward that does not do this. But . . . what I love about it is that it just has an upper oven with a door that swings to the side rather than down. The part with the burners slides in and out to also make the oven easier to reach in. The range top with the burners is several inches lower that a regular range. I can see how someone in a wheelchair would like that with the pull out that they could wheel under.

From range manual.jpg

Mine is the lower model 8554 NOT the Imperial Model which is 8555. If not for how I love how easy it is to see how something is doing in the oven and how easy it is to get thing in and out of it I would have changed to a range with a self cleaning oven long ago.

This house has changed hands several times over the years and each owner has been good enough to pass on appliance manuals to the next one.

I learned today that when travelling to Athens,GA, you have to be patient. Lots of traffic. I had a fun time in Athens, GA. My boyfriend and I went to the Varisity resturaunt. I also learned that The Varsity resturaunt was on the History Channel.

grey hounds no run as fast as they think they can..woman and her little girl hystrical their dog done runner ,i was hobbling down road on crutches put one out trip dog over and woman got dog back

Wirelessly posted

The importance of family :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back