What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned my package to my daughter in CA arrived today. The last time I checked the tracker, a few days ago, it said it was scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. Certainly better early than late. :)

I've learned that cats can bite.

Yes cats do and can bite very hard! Did you get bitten by one if you did you need to get a tetanus shot if you hadn't have one in awhile . I was
bitten by a client's cat and my boss had me go to ER to get a tetanus shot.

hope you or your friend was ok, Derek - cat bites may look less yucky than dog bites do <they tend to be little puncture holes with less initial bruising rather than large gash/rip things> but they can become very badly infected because they look so benignly deceptive, and often bleed much less.

hope you or your friend was ok, Derek - cat bites may look less yucky than dog bites do <they tend to be little puncture holes with less initial bruising rather than large gash/rip things> but they can become very badly infected because they look so benignly deceptive, and often bleed much less.

That what happen when I was bitten by the cat , it didn't bled a lot it looked like a vampire bite my ankle ! :giggle:

:aw:oh no....my mom was bitten on her hand by a cat when I was a child. I was with the cat under a table at a family friend's home. I didn't want to leave and she tried to pull me away or pick me up finally, to go...and the cat got her in the hands. She wasn't very happy!

I've been bitten by my cats many times over the years. I just pour some peroxide on the wound. I may or may not put a bandaid on it depending on how deep the puncture is.

Now that we have a cat, we are no strangers to cat bites either.

I haven't even put anything on them. The biggest danger from a cat bite is listeria , and if you get that, you need a course of antibiotics.

One of our vets spends several weeks a year that way.

Never been bit by a Cat...but 1 of my sons got clawed up badly once....Do believe I'd rather get bit by a dog than to be attacked by a Cat...they do a hell of a lot more damage....

Cat bites are usually more serious than dog bites in terms of infection, yes.

Dog bites are usually more serious than cat bites in terms of skin damage, yes.

I learned that I may be stuck with my green 1999 Honda Odyssey forever. No one wants to buy my 142K van.

Sometimes you can also donate vehicles to places like Goodwill or Rawhide Boys Ranch, or maybe see about if a technical college or Deaf school will want it for auto class/learn a trade?
I know it's not the same as selling it but like was just mentioned, then you end up with a tax write-off.

I learned UGA University of Georgia mascot , Russ passed away. He's an English Bulldog . Very heartbreaking for the Bulldog community :(

I learned that there was another bomb threat at the schools in New Hampshire ! This is happening way too much ! :mad:

:( again !

also sad about Russ, the Bulldog in Rio's post!

You may have to call a junk yard , some will talk the van for free or you could donate it and get a tax write off.

Sometimes you can also donate vehicles to places like Goodwill or Rawhide Boys Ranch, or maybe see about if a technical college or Deaf school will want it for auto class/learn a trade?
I know it's not the same as selling it but like was just mentioned, then you end up with a tax write-off.

Sadly, so-called tax write-offs aren't always that great.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...tions/overview/car-donation-deductions-ov.htm

Yeah but it better than paying a junk man to remove your old car. Some junkmen will tow the car for free but that is hard to find .
Around here junk yards pay car owners for junk cars because they recycle the metal. The car owners don't pay for the towing.

Around here junk yards pay car owners for junk cars because they recycle the metal. The car owners don't pay for the towing.

I called a junk yard and the guy wanted me pay him to tow my old car away plus he was selling my car for the metal. I said No, thanks! I found a junkman that took my car for free but and I think I got $50 for it . Not a lot but it was better than paying to get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back