What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch tv with an antenna, no cable. Don't think we get that. I have a few dvds with Redford. The Way We Were comes to mind. I watch that over and over, he's super handsome in that movie.

Double check your listings. Of the St. Louis stations KMOV, which is the CBS station, carries the ME TV as 4.2 with the regular CBS programing on 4.1.

Double check your listings. Of the St. Louis stations KMOV, which is the CBS station, carries the ME TV as 4.2 with the regular CBS programing on 4.1.

Ha, I did find it. I get it on 51.2. It's not a strong signal with the antenna though, it loses the signal every once in a while. Watchable if I really wanted to. Perry Mason is on a bit late for me, I'd fall asleep! :lol:

I know right? My daughter loves to do her laundry when she comes to visit. She told my younger daughter "you have no idea how lucky you our".:giggle:

I would hate to do laundry without a dryer, especially during the winter.

I'm dating myself with this anecdote, but in my younger days before dryers, we would hang clothes on the line outside even on the coldest winter days. The funny part was taking them off the line at the end of the day and they were frozen stiff, you could stand a pair of jeans against the wall. You'd wait for them to thaw a bit, then they'd be ready to iron. That was back in the day when everything got ironed too. I don't iron anything these days!

I'm dating myself with this anecdote, but in my younger days before dryers, we would hang clothes on the line outside even on the coldest winter days. The funny part was taking them off the line at the end of the day and they were frozen stiff, you could stand a pair of jeans against the wall. You'd wait for them to thaw a bit, then they'd be ready to iron. That was back in the day when everything got ironed too. I don't iron anything these days!

We have a dryer growing up but we hanged our clothes out to dry, they smelled fresh from the air. But I don't think your clothes will smell fresh
today . I once hanged the clothes out in the winter and the pants could stand up on their own! :giggle: Same here I don't iron my clothes anymore , I did when I first moved here but I notice people wearing uniron clothes so I thought was the heck so will I .

I watched Perry Mason and bot Robert Redford was really young , he was 24 yo and really handsome !

Last edited:
I am younger than you by quite a few years- we used to do that when I was growing up. We were lucky enough to live in a nice area with a big yard. No dryer at all- Mom didn't get one until she moved from that house at the start of the 21st century lol. I don't remember if we ever hung (not hanged...) anything outside when it was butt cold, but do remember hanging stuff in the small laundry room- there were two lines that we set up for that purpose and one or two of those over the door clothes hanger things.

After my parents divorced, we moved from a suburban house to inner city apartments which didn't have laundry facilities. My mom didn't have a car, so we hauled our laundry in a cart to the laundromat. That meant using their dryers for our laundry. We didn't want to haul wet laundry back to the apartment to hang up.

I would like to hang our laundry out now but our environment is not good for that. In the spring there is too much pollen, in the summer too much humidity and sudden showers, in the fall and winter too many falling leaves (our leaves fall from end of October until end of March).

I agree with you unless you can find the right kind of man who can give you the respect and kindness including love. Yes, being single is better than being put up with abusive boyfriend or spouse. Make sure when you go online for dating, ask him or her (if you are lesbian) if he or she love himself or herself. If one of them say no, then don't date him or her. If yes, then you can go on the date (just hope the person does not lie). Good luck. :D

I think your roommate and her boyfriend does not know how to love themselves first before loving each other with respect and kindness. They seem to hate themselves a lot. Not good for relationship. :(

Lol thanks. You are absolutely right. Yea it was seriously the scariest thing I have been through in a while and I didn't even do it. People really scare me with some of the things that they do. wow....:shock:

Learned about "Golden har Syndrome"....congenial birth defect,,,,

After my parents divorced, we moved from a suburban house to inner city apartments which didn't have laundry facilities. My mom didn't have a car, so we hauled our laundry in a cart to the laundromat. That meant using their dryers for our laundry. We didn't want to haul wet laundry back to the apartment to hang up.

I would like to hang our laundry out now but our environment is not good for that. In the spring there is too much pollen, in the summer too much humidity and sudden showers, in the fall and winter too many falling leaves (our leaves fall from end of October until end of March).

We have too many birds flying around my laundry would be covered bird poop! The birds would think the cloth line is for them to set on. I have nest right on deck the birds been here for 3 years far. And each year I think they have a family reunion on my deck b/c get poopy !:roll:

We have too many birds flying around my laundry would be covered bird poop! The birds would think the cloth line is for them to set on. I have nest right on deck the birds been here for 3 years far. And each year I think they have a family reunion on my deck b/c get poopy !:roll:
Oh, yeah, I forgot about the wildlife. I'd have to be sure to check for lizards in the laundry. :lol:

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the wildlife. I'd have to be sure to check for lizards in the laundry. :lol:

My sister and I brought home some of Boston's wildlife to our mom's ,
cockroaches ! Poor mom she never seen one before and she freaked out ! :giggle:

The lights are on but Caz brain has left the building.learnt not a thing today

congenial birth defect...goggle it...very interesting.

Yes ,it's interesting , I google it and saw some photos of kids that have it .
:( The person the owned my parents house before was a dentist and he left behind a huge medical book that had color photos and drawing of people with all kinds of deformities and diseases of the mouth . OMG is was so gross and fascinating to us as kids.

I learned that the granddaughter of an evangelist we know was murdered yesterday. :(

She was only 28 years old, married to a preacher. They have a one year old child, and she was 12 weeks pregnant.

The killer broke into their home while the husband was out, assaulted and shot her. The toddler was home and unharmed.

:(

I learned that the granddaughter of an evangelist we know was murdered yesterday. :(

She was only 28 years old, married to a preacher. They have a one year old child, and she was 12 weeks pregnant.

The killer broke into their home while the husband was out, assaulted and shot her. The toddler was home and unharmed.

:(

:( I am so sorry to hear this, how horrible. I hope the police will find the killer(s) . I am very so sorry Reba .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back