What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the guest suite that TCS and I maintain for our church, it has a small dryer stacked over a washer, in a utility closet off the kitchen. It's a small capacity but most of our guests stay only a few days, so it's enough for them.

Today I learned that online dating is a bad idea..my roommate had her bf come here from South Carolina, they have been fighting all night, the dogs were barking all night I couldn't sleep and now he won't leave....so lesson learned no online dating for me! Being single is so much better than being involved in a domestic violence situation. Anyone agree?

Today I learned that online dating is a bad idea..my roommate had her bf come here from South Carolina, they have been fighting all night, the dogs were barking all night I couldn't sleep and now he won't leave....so lesson learned no online dating for me! Being single is so much better than being involved in a domestic violence situation. Anyone agree?

I agree with you unless you can find the right kind of man who can give you the respect and kindness including love. Yes, being single is better than being put up with abusive boyfriend or spouse. Make sure when you go online for dating, ask him or her (if you are lesbian) if he or she love himself or herself. If one of them say no, then don't date him or her. If yes, then you can go on the date (just hope the person does not lie). Good luck. :D

I think your roommate and her boyfriend does not know how to love themselves first before loving each other with respect and kindness. They seem to hate themselves a lot. Not good for relationship. :(

I just learned that President Obama had rejected the XL Keystone Pipelines. I was so happy to learn about that. This is really good news. Yaaaay!!!!

It may not be over, yet. But there are other places like South Dakota where they have uranium mines just like here in New Mexico for mines who are polluting our rivers when cleaning out the mines. This is disgraceful and terrible to have that pollute into our rivers. The news in New Mexico say it would cost billion of dollars to clean up the mess in our rivers. Geeze.

I just learned that President Obama had rejected the XL Keystone Pipelines. I was so happy to learn about that. This is really good news. Yaaaay!!!!….
You realize that they are still going to ship the unrefined oil? They just won't be using the pipeline. They'll ship the oil by land (train) or sea (tanker), which is riskier than pipeline.

Barbara Hale of Perry Mason is still alive she 93 yo ! Robert Redford is going to be on the show tonight . I don't want to miss this show !

I learn daughters got have wisdom tooth out.This going be real pain for me not for her

That my great grandfather dies the same year as my mom was born .
He dies in the Netherlands mom was born in Massachusetts . I love learning new things about my family .

That if you put the food processor blade wrong side down for the task, you are going to be having shredded apple pie for dessert.

And yes that really is a thing. I looked it up after our processor disaster.

That if you put the food processor blade wrong side down for the task, you are going to be having shredded apple pie for dessert.

Sounds like it could still taste good though!

The blade surely only got one blade can only go one way in

Or those washer/dryers in the kitchen! Thats so strange to me! lol

I know right? My daughter loves to do her laundry when she comes to visit. She told my younger daughter "you have no idea how lucky you our".:giggle:

I would hate to do laundry without a dryer, especially during the winter.

The blade surely only got one blade can only go one way in

It's like a double thing. What happens is one blade slices, the bottom one goes on to shred. It's new to us and I can't see to do it.

My husband accidentally left the shred blade in also.

Yes he was that why I don't want to miss this ! We're:naughty: old ladies ! LOL! It on Me TV. 292 on Comcast at 11:30 eastern time but not on all ME TV

http://www.metv.com/shows/perry-mason

I watch tv with an antenna, no cable. Don't think we get that. I have a few dvds with Redford. The Way We Were comes to mind. I watch that over and over, he's super handsome in that movie.

I watch tv with an antenna, no cable. Don't think we get that. I have a few dvds with Redford. The Way We Were comes to mind. I watch that over and over, he's super handsome in that movie.

An antenna won't work out here , I tried that and it was a real pain. Everyone I know has cable , so people just get the basic cable . I only have basic cable , I was paying $30 more a month and realize there was only 3 stations I liked , there was a lot home shopping , sports and religious stuff I had no interest in.

I know right? My daughter loves to do her laundry when she comes to visit. She told my younger daughter "you have no idea how lucky you our".:giggle:

I would hate to do laundry without a dryer, especially during the winter.

It wasn't me doing it and I would not want to go back to it but I grew up with my mother doing washing with a wringer washer and two rinse tubs (they were on a stand on wheels that Dad built) rather than an automatic washer. We were renting a house with full basement and in the winter the laundry was then hung there rather than outside. There came a point when both she and a sister of hers needed something at the same time. They went together and got an automatic that was installed in the old family home where two of her sisters and a brother were living.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back