What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learned that (but it's not new news)...people are now renting apts. instead of buying houses....Apt. rents are sky-high, kids again moving back home....

So, if rents are sky high, and I agree they are, why,oh why are people renting apts? If kids are moving back home they would need the room of a house to put up these kids I would think. Or.... are parents giving the house to the kids and renting an apt to get away from the kids, that's supposed to be funny, :lol:

So, if rents are sky high, and I agree they are, why,oh why are people renting apts? If kids are moving back home they would need the room of a house to put up these kids I would think. Or.... are parents giving the house to the kids and renting an apt to get away from the kids, that's supposed to be funny, :lol:
I think she means because apt rentals are so expensive the kids can't afford to move out of the family home, or they are moving back to the family home.

Your option (parents getting away from kids) is an interesting idea though. :lol:

Get an induction stove. Best of two worlds, flat and easy to clean but doesn't get hot but pan does get hot when on it. (Must be specific kind of pans also)

I posted I don't like that kind of stoves and I was told they cost more to fix if the burner dies out.

Kids that move back home are called boomerangs . LOL!

I think she means because apt rentals are so expensive the kids can't afford to move out of the family home, or they are moving back to the family home.

Your option (parents getting away from kids) is an interesting idea though. :lol:

OK, got it now, had a feeling I was confused about something. :lol:

Kids that move back home are called boomerangs . LOL!

Not always an accurate term when kids are forced to move back home due to circumstances beyond their control. Now if a kid willingly moves back home for no other reason than 'because they want to'- I'd consider that boomerang.

A "boomerang kid" (or, member of the "Boomerang generation"), is a young adult who has decided to move back home with their parents after living on their own for a while.

Hmm interesting Merraim Webster definition:
noun
a young adult who, after having lived on his or her own for a time, returns to live in the parental home, usually due to financial problems caused by unemployment or the high cost of living independently

Have heard that term used before many years ago and I am probably one but I don't consider myself one as I hated having to move back home. Twice now.

now you given it away...I months behind I shoot you

now I learn gibbs not dead sod it..but do like him

That is what we have and I absolutely love it. Super easy to clean. We did need to purchase special pots and pans but I needed new ones anyway.

Wonder no more! Quick Google search:

Induction stovetop cookware

It seems Reba and I understood Angel to be saying different things.

I read the meaning of "I needed new ones anyway" to be saying that she needed new pots & pans anyway even if they were not buying an induction stove or cooktop. I do understand how the induction burners work.

[/B]

Wondering about why you needed new ones anyway. I am still using some that were my mother's from the 1940's-50's and maybe even a wedding present from 1939. I don't remember her not having them. I have added to them but still use the older ones. Remember "Revere Ware"? A number of them are that brand — steel with a copper bottom.

I just like to upgrade every 30 years or so. No biggie.

This also what I have. But whatdidyousay the way you described yours and the concern about boil over did not make me think of these.

From what mine looks like and the manual that previous owners of this house have passed along to the next owner as this house changed hands several times it is probably from the 1950's. I have had a very few boil overs over the years since I have owned this place and I am sure Fromm the way some other things were that the gal right before me did also. It can be messy to clean up but does not cause any lasting problem.

The only thing I don't like about mine is that it is from before self-cleaning ovens. What I do really like about it is that the oven is at the top and the door swings to the side. Also, to make the oven even easier to get to the cooktop slides in. The burners sit lower than a common range that has the oven under them. Here is an illustration of it taken from the owners manual. The one I have is NOT the "Imperial" model with the extra features.

It would not let me put in the file of my range because I had already used it in another thread! http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=117227&page=7
You need to click on the link to that thread scroll down to post #183 and then click on the illustration at the bottom of the post to see a larger one.
My son got induction stove that is the electro magnetic is it..my personal view they wrong.my grandson got to understand if put hand on cooker it going to burn.if he go little Jonny or little Jonny come to him it possible they muck about and get burned...my son says my grandson not a cretin and if little Joni's sticks his hand on hot pan then he cretin..
I thought induction stoves only been around few years.I go t to 5pm and learn something

I learned the age of consent in delawre was 7 years old, up till 1965

attachment.php

Attachments

• Grandma.jpg
    Grandma.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 59
Our visiting skunks are very smart. Animal Control came out and set up traps. Something is able to steal the bait without closing the trap. I wish I could capture this on camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back