What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned 2 things today. When getting gas I notice a car hazard lighting flashing and told the guy at the cash register , the guy told me they had the light flashing to recharge the car battery b/c the car been sitting for while. I did not know this. The second thing I learned was the speed limit on the street my street is off of has been increase from 30 to 35 mph . Just great now it will be harder getting off my dead end street , some people will driving 40 mph now.

that I definitely need more than 9 hours of sleep to function properly.

That I have a major brake fluid leak. It's all over the garage and on the underside of my car. Just saw this today. Yuck. I do have a very handy husband who fixes cars so I bet it doesn't have to go in the shop. I hope. It's a bad leak so he's taking me to work tomorrow in his jeep while he fixes it.

I learned how to make a Power Point presentation.

That it's never a good idea to park near a Boeing 757 taking off.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ptkKK4I4c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ptkKK4I4c[/ame]

Watch the blue car with the back open. See what happens.

That it's never a good idea to park near a Boeing 757 taking off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ptkKK4I4c

Watch the blue car with the back open. See what happens.

That is strange in how in the world would an airport being put near the beach where people came for swimming and tanning for a short vacation? This vacation spot is not good place to be put near the airport. That is weird. :roll:

That is something worth learning not to do that kind of location. Dang the location. :(

That is strange in how in the world would an airport being put near the beach where people came for swimming and tanning for a short vacation? This vacation spot is not good place to be put near the airport. That is weird. :roll:

That is something worth learning not to do that kind of location. Dang the location. :(

It's on an Greek island with very little flat area for a runway.
Look up Skiathos Airport.

That my new place is a literal dead zone for Internet. I'm not staying there long with that.

Edit: my MiFi might not work here, but my phone's hotspot apparently does, and I'm glad I have access now.

Last edited:
That I have a major brake fluid leak. It's all over the garage and on the underside of my car. Just saw this today. Yuck. I do have a very handy husband who fixes cars so I bet it doesn't have to go in the shop. I hope. It's a bad leak so he's taking me to work tomorrow in his jeep while he fixes it.

Did y'all figure out what the leak was and get it fixed? An old Chevy Blazer I used to have a front brake line ended up rusting though and the brakes went out and the pedal went to the floor. Ended up putting it in 4 wheel drive low and using the gears to slow to drive it to the shop.

The rack and pinion had to be replaced. The brake, steering, and oil all bled together. It was one mess. The guys have just gotten started on replacing it.

Next Monday they are going to turn on the heat here. Before they do, though, I need to make a minor adjustment to my contact information

The rack and pinion had to be replaced. The brake, steering, and oil all bled together. It was one mess. The guys have just gotten started on replacing it.

Rack & pinion is steering if its leaking oil and brake fluid too you probably got something else wrong with it besides that. Either way its gonna hurt your wallet :shock:

Rack & pinion is steering if its leaking oil and brake fluid too you probably got something else wrong with it besides that. Either way its gonna hurt your wallet :shock:

I don't know. I know nothing about cars :) my hubby and roommate have been working on the rack and pinion. I trust that if there are other problems they'll find them. They picked up the new rack and pinion yesterday. It helps that they're good at this so we can save on labor costs.

I've learned that I am pregnant with my third.

My first is two and my second is almost one.

Holy Mother of God. My poor uterus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I learned how to make a Power Point on the job. My deaf student helped w effects . My student was supportive of me to present it to the class :) I signed and spoke at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back