What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That the dryer here takes two dry cycles to completely dry my clothes. Getting $20 in quarters yesterday is looking like a very good decision.

That the dryer here takes two dry cycles to completely dry my clothes. Getting $20 in quarters yesterday is looking like a very good decision.

Can you get the place to check the dryer out , that stinks having to run the dryer twice , and it going to run up a big electric bill for someone.

Can you get the place to check the dryer out , that stinks having to run the dryer twice , and it going to run up a big electric bill for someone.

Already asked. Turns out it's set that way for a reason. Good thing is, it costs just $.75 to dry my clothes, times two equals $1.50, so better than most places that charge a LOT more than that.

Already asked. Turns out it's set that way for a reason. Good thing is, it costs just $.75 to dry my clothes, times two equals $1.50, so better than most places that charge a LOT more than that.

WHY??? That made no sense to me, it's using more electricity and people have to spend more $$$. This is :crazy: to me.

WHY??? That made no sense to me, it's using more electricity and people have to spend more $$$. This is :crazy: to me.

I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense, but when I went to collect my clothes, the dryer was very hot, so maybe that's why? I have no idea, but I intend to find out more Monday.

I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense, but when I went to collect my clothes, the dryer was very hot, so maybe that's why? I have no idea, but I intend to find out more Monday.

Has the lint filter been cleaned out yet?

I don't know. I know nothing about cars :) my hubby and roommate have been working on the rack and pinion. I trust that if there are other problems they'll find them. They picked up the new rack and pinion yesterday. It helps that they're good at this so we can save on labor costs.

I know whats wrong with it .. woman driver LOL :laugh2: just kidding! Good luck on it hopefully it isn't anything major.

That my local bicycle store is selling bicycle bags that I can put on the sides of my bicycles for $45 each, which is quite reasonable. I just may get a couple of these.

I don't know what kind of income you have, but could you look into a scooter? Would get you around faster. A used one is under 1k.

I don't know what kind of income you have, but could you look into a scooter? Would get you around faster. A used one is under 1k.

Who is the "you" you are referring to? You did not "quote" anyone. Even if you think you are posting right after someone others can be in the process of writing while you are and finish before you and thus there will be posts in between.

Who is the "you" you are referring to? You did not "quote" anyone. Even if you think you are posting right after someone others can be in the process of writing while you are and finish before you and thus there will be posts in between.

She was referring to me.

Alleycat, I cannot afford a scooter. My rent here is a good portion of what income I do have. I won't buy them now, but I will save up for them, though, with the goal being to get them both next spring.

She was referring to me.

Alleycat, I cannot afford a scooter. My rent here is a good portion of what income I do have. I won't buy them now, but I will save up for them, though, with the goal being to get them both next spring.

I now know there wasn't anything posted in between this time; but feel that it is something for all of us to always be aware of.

I've learned that I am pregnant with my third.

My first is two and my second is almost one.

Holy Mother of God. My poor uterus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Congrats!!! When is the baby due?

That airlines flights have nearly returned to normal at Midway and O'Hare, ahead of the FAA facility repairs being done by next Monday (10/13/14)

I forgot to mention this earlier. On my way back here, I saw the Illinois National Guard, and a building they own. I thought that was neat.

That the place I ate lunch at has this name: Jake's Pup in the Ruf. Seriously. No joke. They have been in business since 1959, and I can believe that, by the looks inside the place.

That the place I ate lunch at has this name: Jake's Pup in the Ruf. Seriously. No joke. They have been in business since 1959, and I can believe that, by the looks inside the place.

I hope the food was not from the 1959''s too. How was your meal?
I went to a dinner once that been in business years and it looked like my meal was from the 50's I could not eat it.

I hope the food was not from the 1959''s too. How was your meal?
I went to a dinner once that been in business years and it looked like my meal was from the 50's I could not eat it.

Nope. Modern day food, but I'll say this, though-- they make a mean BLT. Theirs is the best I've had by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back