What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learn that time does not heal grief, I still miss my mom terribly .

I miss my dad a ton, too. Time doesn't make grief go away, but for me it becomes a little easier to cope with and keep on with life as the years go by. I make it a point to try to focus on all the good times when I do find myself dwelling on him.

Yes. That is what I was looking for. There is a 24-hour CVS over on Howard, but being in that area that early in the morning is a bad idea. I wanted somewhere safer, and that's what I found when I got to the Walgreens on Bryn Mawr and Broadway. I'd much rather ride several miles to that Walgreens than be on Howard at 5 in the morning.

I really don't think any place would be safe 4 :30 AM , I am glad you got home safety .

Thank you for the hugs guys!

I miss my dad a ton, too. Time doesn't make grief go away, but for me it becomes a little easier to cope with and keep on with life as the years go by. I make it a point to try to focus on all the good times when I do find myself dwelling on him.

:hug:

I really don't think any place would be safe 4 :30 AM , I am glad you got home safety .

Thank you for the hugs guys!

It depends on the location, really. There is a police station not far from that particular Walgreens, and I know this because I passed it on the way there, so yes, that area of Bryn Mawr and Broadway is one of the safer areas, because of the location of that police station just a few blocks away.

Maybe so but even in areas around police stations there can be dangerous spots and at 4:30 AM ANYWHERE it is not a brilliant idea to be out alone for anybody.

Maybe so but even in areas around police stations there can be dangerous spots and at 4:30 AM ANYWHERE it is not a brilliant idea to be out alone for anybody.

I saw patrol cars in that area, so I knew I would be okay. I saw a fair few of them, and I knew that area had a heavy police presence, so I would be okay.

I learned yesterday that I still have 20/20 vision and that my eyes are in good health. Not bad a 67 yo grandma . I had 20/15 so that helped a lot in having good eyesight's

I learned that Yahoo Mail also has 2-step verification, which I just enabled, so now nearly all my e-mail accounts are protected. Still need to see if AOL has this.

I learned that road construction can be annoying when I'm trying to find bicycle parking.

I learned I can do a full sit up :)

I learned I need to be careful when braking and making a turn with my bicycle, as I braked too quickly, and took a tumble. Thankfully, I'm not seriously injured, and I was also wearing my helmet, too. My shoulder took the brunt of the hit, as it should.

I learned I need to be careful when braking and making a turn with my bicycle, as I braked too quickly, and took a tumble. Thankfully, I'm not seriously injured, and I was also wearing my helmet, too. My shoulder took the brunt of the hit, as it should.

What did you land on , I know if I fell on the road or sidewalk my shoulder would be hurting like hell. That is good you're OK.

What did you land on , I know if I fell on the road or sidewalk my shoulder would be hurting like hell. That is good you're OK.

Sidewalk. Thing is, that shoulder has taken a tumble before, so it's not anything new, but it had been a few years, though. My shoulder is okay, and the pain is just about gone, so I'm all right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back