What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned I need a new phone. I had a good friend of mine visit me here 2 weeks ago, and I had no knowledge of it, because my texting feature quit working. I'm gonna need to figure out what to do.

Update just now: he's currently in Chicago, and has been for the past 2 weeks. I'm gonna see if I can get a hold of him somehow.

That there are many different reasons for heartburn. I got a new prescription today. So far, so good!

If I eat my supper earlier and do no snack close to bedtime that help with my heartburn and drinking water before bed time and bother and bother your heartburn too.

Make sure you do it legally, and don't have problems doing it.
legally?

From what I can gather I don't think there is a lease involved (except the one that Derek signed- the girlfriend is not on the lease)- just Derek allowing his girlfriend to move in then she invited someone else to come along. Doesn't sound like there were any paperwork involved.

So the only thing to do is to ask the roommate to leave. Of course if the situation does become a situation where the roommate is refusing to leave or to the point where Derek or she cannot handle it, then yes the police needs to be called in to de-escalate the situation.

Not everything done in life is tied to 'doing it legally'.

legally?

From what I can gather I don't think there is a lease involved (except the one that Derek signed- the girlfriend is not on the lease)- just Derek allowing his girlfriend to move in then she invited someone else to come along. Doesn't sound like there were any paperwork involved.

So the only thing to do is to ask the roommate to leave. Of course if the situation does become a situation where the roommate is refusing to leave or to the point where Derek or she cannot handle it, then yes the police needs to be called in to de-escalate the situation.

No, he is definately right. Depending on the state lack of a written agreement doesn't exclude you from having to go through the courts to evict. Squatters often have rights to vacant houses if they did not break a door or window to get in. But hopefully the unwanted roomate will just leave without a fuss when asked.

legally?

I disagree. By law, he must serve an eviction notice. Link is below:

The Illinois Eviction Process – 5 Day Notice all the way to Judgment

No, he is definately right. Depending on the state lack of a written agreement doesn't exclude you from having to go through the courts to evict. Squatters often have rights to vacant houses if they did not break a door or window to get in. But hopefully the unwanted roomate will just leave without a fuss when asked.

That's exactly what I was going to say. If he allowed the roommate to stay and she paid rent then she has established residency. In most states it does not matter if she was on the lease or not. Hopefully she will just move out but if not it could become a legal battle.

Derek should probably consult an attorney. IMO of course.

That's exactly what I was going to say. If he allowed the roommate to stay and she paid rent then she has established residency. In most states it does not matter if she was on the lease or not. Hopefully she will just move out but if not it could become a legal battle.

Derek should probably consult an attorney. IMO of course.

I have a feeling that might be what he's doing. That, or he might be looking for advice, and if so, I hope he found it.

that a new game to be released, Alien: Isolation, but the date of it available is a long way off, 7th October 2014 !! grrr

I learned that there was a fire in the apartment building across the street early this morning on the 4th floor. I saw the damage-- didn't look good. Couldn't take pictures cause a patrol officer was sitting there guarding the scene.

Oh, and I learned that I have too soft a heart, and easily forgive stuff that happened. I just cannot stay mad for long.

So far I've learned that my tongue is still pierced after several months of no jewelry, American Eagle apparel is dyke friendly, and how to install a new clutch cable on my bike... Just hope not to eff it up.

I have learned to never ride my bike at 4:30 in the morning ever again..... took me 45 minutes to find a place that was open 24 hours, and I got back home just before 6 AM.

I have learned to never ride my bike at 4:30 in the morning ever again..... took me 45 minutes to find a place that was open 24 hours, and I got back home just before 6 AM.
What did you expect to find at 4:30 a.m.?

You have a computer or other way to get on the internet. Why not use it to look up what is open where before you leave?

that a new game to be released, Alien: Isolation, but the date of it available is a long way off, 7th October 2014 !! grrr

At least they can optimize it even more for the Oculus Rift DK2.

You have a computer or other way to get on the internet. Why not use it to look up what is open where before you leave?

That is what I did, but the results weren't exactly what I'd hoped for. I had to ride several miles to Bryn Mawr to find a 24-hour Walgreens for stuff I needed.

must have been very important stuff at 4:30 AM that couldn't wait until day time. Sometimes I like to go out in the wee hours to shop but at least I have a car (and know which stores are open).

Glad to see you didn't end up in PA though ;)

(for those playing along there is a town and college in PA called Bryn Mawr.. and a street in Lansdowne named Bryn Mawr as well)

I learned two new words , fatitude- can't do this workout.
Ripitude=let's do this and get the job done!

These words are probably not in the dictionary lol Raw Ryan Shanahan Kettlebell trainer .

Some drugs stores are open 24 hours and they sell everything .

Yes. That is what I was looking for. There is a 24-hour CVS over on Howard, but being in that area that early in the morning is a bad idea. I wanted somewhere safer, and that's what I found when I got to the Walgreens on Bryn Mawr and Broadway. I'd much rather ride several miles to that Walgreens than be on Howard at 5 in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back