What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It's really bad towards the southern part of the Cities. Shakopee, bloomington, etc. ValleyFair (the theme park if you remember it) closed three of the roller coasters as they are partially submerged. Hwy 77 to the Mall of America was so flooded cars were swimming. Literally. Harriet Island in St. Paul off the Mississippi is totally under water.

:shock: Have the waters begun to subside? Or is it still raining?

:shock: Have the waters begun to subside? Or is it still raining?

Actually it's a beautiful day out so no chance we are getting that last 1/4 inch :lol: no, the waters haven't receded yet as far as the Mississippi areas but I think Hwy 77 is ok now. We have not had continuous rain, these have been flash storms. The humidity is so high it's no wonder the storms were so severe.

I did learn that my daughter's height is taller about a few mm inches than I am. :shock:

That my granddaughter got her yellow belt in karate this weekend ! How Cool that is! She can be the next karate kid!

That my granddaughter got her yellow belt in karate this weekend ! How Cool that is! She can be the next karate kid!

That is amazing. I hope she stays with it. My daughter is a 2nd degree black belt. She stopped going after the 2nd black belt but I hope one day she goes back.

That is amazing. I hope she stays with it. My daughter is a 2nd degree black belt. She stopped going after the 2nd black belt but I hope one day she goes back.

I do too, she was taking soccer but wanted to try something new .

Today I learned that I've been cheating. When I go to deaf events I always look for people who sign and speak at the same time. It's like a safety net so I understand the signs, but I can't sign to deaf people because it's only sign with no verbal confirmation. My brain freezes, and I cannot remember the signs until after the fact.

I realize that I need to stop signing and speaking and focus on signing only. I was wondering how long does it take before my brain doesn't freeze and I sign naturally?

I learned that dogs can get cold in summer time. My dog has been sneezing all day. He is having a trouble breathing. I hope he feels better soon. I will take him to vet if he is not better in few days.

I have 2 cats that have colds too. I never understand how they get sick when they are indoor cats and don't come into contact with other cats. We haven't come into contact with friends lately who have cats or been at the vet, so where do they get these from?

I have 2 cats that have colds too. I never understand how they get sick when they are indoor cats and don't come into contact with other cats. We haven't come into contact with friends lately who have cats or been at the vet, so where do they get these from?

Could they be like people and it is hard to tell difference between cold and allergy?

Could they be like people and it is hard to tell difference between cold and allergy?

They get these colds so infrequently I would be surprised it were allergies. But I suppose it's hard to know.

I just learned that it is July. WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back