What did you learn today? Part II

I'm up all night, with a sick kid. I've been crying constantly, so much that I've ruined my pillow, over my sisters, aunt, and cousin's deaths/illnesses plus dealing with family who insists on treating me like crap. I'm ruining my own pity party lol...

Fever is still 103...she often gets seizures with high fever so I have to monitor her closely. Poor kid.

Aww, I hope your girl will get well soon! Thinking of you. :hugs:

I learned that the neighbor behind us did have to put her dog down today. She is still quite upset and vows to not get another dog. This was what I posted earlier about this dog in the What are you Thinking thread.

I am really thinking and praying hard for our neighbor's little dog. He is a 5 y/o Yorkshire terrier. He was running and playing in his back yard yesterday and loves to run with another neighbor's dog. They have a fence separating them, but they have a lot of fun. A little tiny Yorkie and a large overweight yellow lab. Well, the Yorkie ran into his porch and jumped up onto the table like he always does. When he jumped down, he slipped and broke his back. Vet says it will never heal. Now, his intestines are blocking up. The neighbor may have to put him down today. HE is in a lot of pain, but trying hard to go. HE pulls himself across the backyard with his front paws, but can't seem to have a bowel movement and is getting weaker and weaker.

So sorry to hear that. Poor little fellow! Please let your neighbor know that, and mention they shouldn't let a bad experience with their canine friend deter them from allowing the joy of another loving dog into their lives.

Wirelessly posted

deafbajagal said:
I'm up all night, with a sick kid. I've been crying constantly, so much that I've ruined my pillow, over my sisters, aunt, and cousin's deaths/illnesses plus dealing with family who insists on treating me like crap. I'm ruining my own pity party lol...

Fever is still 103...she often gets seizures with high fever so I have to monitor her closely. Poor kid.

I hope your child get's well soon. It's ok to cry, hang in there.

So sorry to hear that. Poor little fellow! Please let your neighbor know that, and mention they shouldn't let a bad experience with their canine friend deter them from allowing the joy of another loving dog into their lives.

They are both very elderly and each have a lot of medical issues. That's why she's not getting another dog. They still have a cat, and I may get him after we get our house built. Her hubby is allergic to cats. This cat belonged to a grand daughter and she doesn't want it anymore. The cat is deaf. It is a blue-eyed off-white Persian.

Learned that I left my phone charger at my brother's. Luckily he and his girlfriend work where I work at so I will get it tmw at work. :)

I learned the benefits of patience.........my daughter informed me, while I am 1500 miles away that she is having a little problems at school..........she got a D on one of her tests because she has been fooling grandma, telling her she has been doing her homework when really she has been on facebook with her friends. Arrrgggghhhh:shock:

I learned the benefits of patience.........my daughter informed me, while I am 1500 miles away that she is having a little problems at school..........she got a D on one of her tests because she has been fooling grandma, telling her she has been doing her homework when really she has been on facebook with her friends. Arrrgggghhhh:shock:

Does your daughter live 1500 miles away from you? Mine lives about 3,000 miles away from me.

I learned that somehow, someone was in the house and taught my package of 8 Roma tomatoes how to walk. They were on the counter, but are not there now. They are not in the cupboards, fridge, either freezer, over, garbage, bedrooms or anywhere in the house. I checked all 4 vehicles. Nothing. We saw them last night, but now they are gone.

:hug: I hope your kid gets better.

I learned that somehow, someone was in the house and taught my package of 8 Roma tomatoes how to walk. They were on the counter, but are not there now. They are not in the cupboards, fridge, either freezer, over, garbage, bedrooms or anywhere in the house. I checked all 4 vehicles. Nothing. We saw them last night, but now they are gone.

Food fight?
Cats on a fence?
Anyone go to the theater?
:giggle:

They are both very elderly and each have a lot of medical issues. That's why she's not getting another dog. They still have a cat, and I may get him after we get our house built. Her hubby is allergic to cats. This cat belonged to a grand daughter and she doesn't want it anymore. The cat is deaf. It is a blue-eyed off-white Persian.

I would point out that having the unquestioning love of a dog can be a great comfort to someone who is sick and a Lhasa Apso might not trigger her hubbys allergies since their not fur but hair dogs. But it is their decision anyhow. And I'm glad to hear you'll provide a new home for their deaf kitty when your house is built.

Learned that the dentist that I saw a few mintues ago will not see me unless I fill out a form and it will be at least two days before anyone sees me for my broken tooth.

Learned that the dentist that I saw a few mintues ago will not see me unless I fill out a form and it will be at least two days before anyone sees me for my broken tooth.

I would pick up a phone book and make some calls to another dentist. I am sure that plenty of dentist will be glad to see you right away for emergency situation.

Food fight?
Cats on a fence?
Anyone go to the theater?
:giggle:

You are too funny!!

Found the tomatoes. Seems the paper towels were hiding them. They were on the counter on top of the containers for hubby's salads but behind the paper towels.

that i'm craving all sorts of weird stuff.. like apple pie with vanilla ice cream and choco syrup, a huge box of godiva truffles, spinach & cheese croissants, salad and lasagna fritters from olive garden..the list goes on

that i'm craving all sorts of weird stuff.. like apple pie with vanilla ice cream and choco syrup, a huge box of godiva truffles, spinach & cheese croissants, salad and lasagna fritters from olive garden..the list goes on

Lasagna fritters?

Back