What did you learn today? Part II

Oh no! My heart goes out to you DBG! :hug:

I learned my uncle found his daughter ( my cousin) dead this morning, laying on the floor by her bed. She died of complications from diabetes, I think. This is the 3rd death in my family this month. Geez. I'm just shocked...it still hasn't registered with me yet, I think. :(

This is so sad. Hope all the drama ends for you and you get a few months of peace. :grouphug:

@ Baja - so sorry for your many losses. I hope that soon you and your family will recover from grief.

Deafskeptic- hope your dad's recovery will go smoothly.
KristinaB- that's good news about the loan!
Deafbajagal- terribly sorry to hear about your cousin's passing. :(

I learned that I'll get less tax refund this year. Oh joy.

How proud I am that my kids won't tolerate people being picked on or made fun of because they are different. Twice this week I was told how great my kids are for including kids with special needs. When I said " why wouldn't they play with them? They are kids too." The adult said that is what son/daughter said. I am glad my kids are showing adults how treat others. :)

I learned my uncle found his daughter ( my cousin) dead this morning, laying on the floor by her bed. She died of complications from diabetes, I think. This is the 3rd death in my family this month. Geez. I'm just shocked...it still hasn't registered with me yet, I think. :(

I'm sorry. If there's anything I can do, let me know. :hug:

3 deaths in your family? I don't know what to say other than to give you this: :hug: I'm sorry!

Deafskeptic- hope your dad's recovery will go smoothly.
KristinaB- that's good news about the loan!
Deafbajagal- terribly sorry to hear about your cousin's passing. :(

I learned that I'll get less tax refund this year. Oh joy.

Me too! :ty:

Learned how much I miss thisplace.........been off for a very long time between kids, jobs and getting ready to go to college at *gasp* the age of 38..........I didn't have time.
Coming back reminded me that there are others that know exactly what I mean. Thanks to everyone here.

Learned my dad is feeling better today and he's sitting up and complaining about everything according to my mother.

Learned my dad is feeling better today and he's sitting up and complaining about everything according to my mother.

Learned I will have to wait till Monday to see dentist for broken tooth.

That's a good sign of recovery when the patient starts complaining!

Sorry about your tooth, I have done that too, and it is miserable.

Glad to read this. Is he home yet?

Sorry about your tooth! How did it break?

duno when he will go home. He's still in ICU.

Dunno how my tooth broke. My guess it's tooth decay. I am hoping I won't need a root canal job. I'll know more when I go to the dentist near my home on Monday.

When I tried to use dental cement, it wouldn't hold together so I will just leave my tooth as it is. I was afraid tooth would break off trying to use cement on it.

Ouchie. Here's hoping you have a decent weekend with all that. Come to the bonfire!

Back