What did you learn today? Part II

I learned that I may or may not be able to get back on at Tyson. Inside info from a person who talked to my former boss for me today. I guess I will find out on Friday.

I just learned the doctors removed half of my dad's tongue, all of his lower teeth up to and including his incisors, dissected his neck on both sides to take out the lymph nodes and some of his inner jaw bone to make a margin of safety from tumor. All of these tested negative for tumor. He also got a trach and had skin blood vessels, nerves transfered from his arm to fill up the holes in his mouth. My mother says she feels encoraged. I'm thinking I will see him on Thurs.

Oh my....that's a hell of a lot compared to mine (the size of a quarter) on my hand....

Will he be able to speak?....Anyway, hoping for a fast recovery for ur Dad.

:ty: Frisk Feline and Alley Cat. I certainly hope my dad is doped up good too! As for Rockin Robin, I'm told my dad will be able to speak eventually but right now he can barely speak according to my mother.

Hey!!!! I just learned we are finally getting the loan for our construction. The loan officer finally called MIL and said things got held up at the underwriter's. Also, the payments will be lower than originally thought. A 30 year, fixed rate of 4.37????% for $499.38 per month. This is on $100,000. That will pay off her existing 2nd mortgage and allow us to convert the garage and buy a storage shed.

Hey!!!! I just learned we are finally getting the loan for our construction. The loan officer finally called MIL and said things got held up at the underwriter's. Also, the payments will be lower than originally thought. A 30 year, fixed rate of 4.37????% for $499.38 per month. This is on $100,000. That will pay off her existing 2nd mortgage and allow us to convert the garage and buy a storage shed.

Awesome!!

not me but a colleague has learned something new today.

He asked me if it's possible to make online profile picture "copy-paste" proof. And I explained - "let's put it this way.... once you put it on Internet.... it's free for all. I can disable right-click function to prevent user from copying pix but then there will be "Print Screen" button or other snapshot program. Simple - if you don't want anybody to copy the pix, then don't put it online."

he chuckled and said "good point..."

between you and me - truth be told... I just didn't want to deal with typing in programming code to prevent user from copying it :)

that sounds good.

Yay! :applause:

Yay for you and your family!

Wow, just learned this... I've been working outside in sleeveless t-shirt and a gym short since 8am. It was 28F (-1.5c I think) this morning. Was a bit nippy but i got over it quickly.

I guess I want that ski resort job bad enough.:giggle:

I learned my uncle found his daughter ( my cousin) dead this morning, laying on the floor by her bed. She died of complications from diabetes, I think. This is the 3rd death in my family this month. Geez. I'm just shocked...it still hasn't registered with me yet, I think. :(

I learned my uncle found his daughter ( my cousin) dead this morning, laying on the floor by her bed. She died of complications from diabetes, I think. This is the 3rd death in my family this month. Geez. I'm just shocked...it still hasn't registered with me yet, I think. :(

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope not too much more goes wrong for your family. :(

:hug:

that's so awful..i'm sorry to hear that DBG. you & your family will be in my prayers :hug:

Back