What did you learn today? Part II

This is actually something I learned about last week and I may have mentioned it already, but it popped back into my head today and upset me all over again. Not majorly so, but still leaves me with questions that I need to ask the contractor since hubby is not forthcoming with insight.

Seems, hubby and contractor talked and decided among themselves that we will not be getting laminate wood floors. Something about the concern for water damage if a hurricane comes in, sand damage when people walk on it and I'm not sure what else. I am concerned that a tile floor is going to be hard on my legs and my mother's as well. I know we don't want carpet and we really don't want linoleum. Ah well, will have to wait and talk with contractor I guess.

One thing I thought of since you mentioned this, rubberized tiles. They are in one of the malls here. It makes it easier to walk and is safe.

One thing I thought of since you mentioned this, rubberized tiles. They are in one of the malls here. It makes it easier to walk and is safe.

I may check into that. Thanks!! I'd have to see how it looks.

Learned that mah lap is dead on the same day of domestic violence. That's strange, someone called from elk grove, Ill had a mass 3 times where did he get this ph# from? That person is really sick.

This is actually something I learned about last week and I may have mentioned it already, but it popped back into my head today and upset me all over again. Not majorly so, but still leaves me with questions that I need to ask the contractor since hubby is not forthcoming with insight.

Seems, hubby and contractor talked and decided among themselves that we will not be getting laminate wood floors. Something about the concern for water damage if a hurricane comes in, sand damage when people walk on it and I'm not sure what else. I am concerned that a tile floor is going to be hard on my legs and my mother's as well. I know we don't want carpet and we really don't want linoleum. Ah well, will have to wait and talk with contractor I guess.

We are thinking of rubber flooring for our kitchen or maybe bathrooms. Some colors of variety rubber flooring look nice, but we are still not sure about it. I personally don't like the linoleum neither - even old linoleum contains asbestos. Probably, all new linoleums do not have the asbestos - but who knows. I would think that a hard flooring and some rugs would be the answer, but a money issue unless you want to live in a house for a permanent. Now, we are not sure because our government might shut down the government system next month that could affect almost all businesses. Oh brother!

screw up on my computer oh damn it again refresh I will figure omG

We are thinking of rubber flooring for our kitchen or maybe bathrooms. Some colors of variety rubber flooring look nice, but we are still not sure about it. I personally don't like the linoleum neither - even old linoleum contains asbestos. Probably, all new linoleums do not have the asbestos - but who knows. I would think that a hard flooring and some rugs would be the answer, but a money issue unless you want to live in a house for a permanent. Now, we are not sure because our government might shut down the government system next month that could affect almost all businesses. Oh brother!

I know we are definitely getting tile for the bathrooms and kitchen. The contractor has a place where he gets a special price for them. He also checked into the place that a good friend of ours owns about tile and may get some there. these friends may give us the tile we need. They are wanting to close out the business and are moving back to Jamaica. All of their in stock tile is completely paid for and they don't owe anything anywhere. They have sold 3 of their 5 houses and their daughter has just 1 more year in college.

We will see. The contractor said he had some ideas that will work all around for the needs of my family, so I will see. We plan on being in this house until MIL passes away and then some. She is leaving her house to us as well. We may clean out her house, move into it and rent out the new one.

I know we are definitely getting tile for the bathrooms and kitchen. The contractor has a place where he gets a special price for them. He also checked into the place that a good friend of ours owns about tile and may get some there. these friends may give us the tile we need. They are wanting to close out the business and are moving back to Jamaica. All of their in stock tile is completely paid for and they don't owe anything anywhere. They have sold 3 of their 5 houses and their daughter has just 1 more year in college.

We will see. The contractor said he had some ideas that will work all around for the needs of my family, so I will see. We plan on being in this house until MIL passes away and then some. She is leaving her house to us as well. We may clean out her house, move into it and rent out the new one.

Oh I see. Good luck with your project.

I learned what it is like for someone to fall out of love with me. Never had that happened until now.

Oh, well. First time for everything, huh?

I learned what it is like for someone to fall out of love with me. Never had that happened until now.

Oh, well. First time for everything, huh?

Sad though. You are having a bad week with interpersonal relations. :(

Just learned that Saskatoon is now in China? Does Brad Wall know about that?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

I learned that in 98+ degree heat, a blue car WILL get hot enough to burn your fingers!!!

Lesson learned: Don't touch the trunk in the summer...

Back