What did you learn today? Part II

For 2 years, she had no rental increase....and now a $48.00 one?...Seriously, I think that's excessive, but I went online with her, and Landlords can increase ur rent whatever.....so she can either sign a new lease, or move...right now, she doesn't want to do either one!...So I think she will just "cough up" the $48.00 increase. Nothing can be done about it except to move, and moving is very expensive.

With the economy the last couple of years, it's not surprising there wasn't an increase. When I was in college (20 years ago!), it felt like about a $20 increase in rent per year was about the average. So the $48 probably feels like a "make-up" over 2 years for the apartment owners ... Sucks, I know. It's not all that different from property taxes, insurance, etc. for homeowners. And yes, landlords can increase/decrease the rent anytime a lease is up for renewal. Sometimes it's nice, sometimes it's not!

I got my mammogram report back. All is clear, which is good given the very strong breast cancer history in my family.

But you know what ... ? The report said that my nice boobies were "unremarkable." I was offended.

:giggle:

TRUE! :giggle: (I undy that "unremarkable means no sign of cancer, but you know what I was thinking!)

I got my mammogram report back. All is clear, which is good given the very strong breast cancer history in my family.

But you know what ... ? The report said that my nice boobies were "unremarkable." I was offended.

TRUE! :giggle: (I undy that "unremarkable means no sign of cancer, but you know what I was thinking!)

When I had an MRI of my head, they told me it was clear; they found nothing. :hmm:

Don't mean to laugh. But thanks goodness you were given all clear. Have you ever been tested for BRCA gene? Curious.

Don't mean to laugh. But thanks goodness you were given all clear. Have you ever been tested for BRCA gene? Curious.

You can laugh :) I have to try to keep a good sense of humor given the family history.

I have not been tested for BRCA, but mom was. Hers was negative, even though she's had breast cancer, so we don't know what to do with that. My grandma (mom's mom) had it 2x, her daughter (mom's sister, my aunt) had it 3x, my mom had it 1x (just 4 years ago), and now my cousin (mom's sister, my aunt's daughter) has it. She just had her lumpectomy today. She's 41, exact same age as I. We used to be comforted by what doctors said in that there's a huge difference between post-menopausal breast cancer and pre-menopausal cancer as all my family had it post-, and my cousin now has it pre-. So my sister and I aren't overjoyed by this.

You can laugh :) I have to try to keep a good sense of humor given the family history.

I have not been tested for BRCA, but mom was. Hers was negative, even though she's had breast cancer, so we don't know what to do with that. My grandma (mom's mom) had it 2x, her daughter (mom's sister, my aunt) had it 3x, my mom had it 1x (just 4 years ago), and now my cousin (mom's sister, my aunt's daughter) has it. She just had her lumpectomy today. She's 41, exact same age as I. We used to be comforted by what doctors said in that there's a huge difference between post-menopausal breast cancer and pre-menopausal cancer as all my family had it post-, and my cousin now has it pre-. So my sister and I aren't overjoyed by this.

Yikes, that's one too many cancer in one family.

Here's to hoping your cousin will recover.

I've heard of schools using cats who are good mousers to safely catch mice without the need for dangerous chemicals and poisons, especially around small children. It's a safer alternative to putting mouse traps and mouse bait out.

Unless you've got kids who are allergic to cats. Cats can trigger horrible allergy attacks and asthma reactions, bad enough to put people in the hospital.

Unless you've got kids who are allergic to cats. Cats can trigger horrible allergy attacks and asthma reactions, bad enough to put people in the hospital.

Both my kids and I are allergic to dander and my son has severe asthma. We have 2 shedding cats and none of us are having problems with the allergies to cats.

For us, we brush them twice daily and we have a mitt that also removes cat hair that they love. I will take a damp washcloth to them once a week. No soap as I don't want to dry their skin. We vacuum once a week and dust once a week. Still, no problems.

I get sick when I visit people with cats. Once I got so sick that my friend who works as an ER nurse told me the last time she saw somebody in ER who looked like me, that person didn't go home again.
My eyes swell shut and I can't breathe.

I get sick when I visit people with cats. Once I got so sick that my friend who works as an ER nurse told me the last time she saw somebody in ER who looked like me, that person didn't go home again.
My eyes swell shut and I can't breathe.

Well - that I can understand. My eyes will swell as well as the thoat when I am around blooming flowers and certain trees.

Interesting to learn about cat"problems"-none of which my cat has-so far over the last 15 years.

learned I really like to do chain maile work. I'm working on a gorgeous closed set byzantine bracelet right now.

When I have some chain maille work done and a few more pieces for my etsy store, I'll upload to it.I'm not doing any hard selling right now as I want to have a decent inventory of stuff first.
Here's what closed set byzantine chain maille looks like:

FMYCIRMF4IX6H4I.MEDIUM.jpg

For 2 years, she had no rental increase....and now a $48.00 one?...Seriously, I think that's excessive, but I went online with her, and Landlords can increase ur rent whatever.....so she can either sign a new lease, or move...right now, she doesn't want to do either one!...So I think she will just "cough up" the $48.00 increase. Nothing can be done about it except to move, and moving is very expensive.

Mine was going up a little more than $100 per month. I left. This was at the end of last year.

I forgot and re-learned how yummy kabob marinade tastes and smells! The trick is to use 2 diff marinades, one for the meat and the other for the veggies.

Learned this last week or two, but don't think I mentioned it. My mother (72) will be a great-grandmother for the first time in June. They found out, it's a girl.

Back