What did you learn today? Part II

I've heard of schools using cats who are good mousers to safely catch mice without the need for dangerous chemicals and poisons, especially around small children. It's a safer alternative to putting mouse traps and mouse bait out.

I've heard of schools using cats who are good mousers to safely catch mice without the need for dangerous chemicals and poisons, especially around small children. It's a safer alternative to putting mouse traps and mouse bait out.

ok..

Last edited:
Cheetah: re Cougars in wheelchairs- interesting country-Ivory Coast-to say the least. Not sure the results of the "event of the year"- Elephants vs Rhino/Hippos cross country race which has the entire population in "absolute rapture".No slackers allowed to race!

Learn about different customs every day here!

Gee: excess mice in one's home seems "blah" beside Elephants vs Rhino/Hippos on the loose racing the local highway.

Also, they are cute and fluffy, and purr. :giggle:

I learned that MIL does not really give a rat's a$$ about my children's health. She is constantly buying them candy, chips, cookies and soda. Today, she comes home from the hairdresser with 15, yes fifteen, boxes of Girl Scout cookies for her and the kids.

I research lots of more information deaf information possibles cultures!

I just learned that singer Whitney Houston has died. =(

OMG!....Feel so sorry for her kids...but seems she had a really rough life with the drug battles and Bobby Brown....

I think Whitney only had one child of her own... Bobby Brown had kids before he met Whitney... very shockin.. she was only 48 and it is unknown right now how and where she died....probably overdose on drugs.. just sad. :( She was a hottie!

I learned that my MIL might be more and more accepting of ASL. Either that or she's having a off day for her. She actually came out and sat and watched a movie with mother, son & I. We were watching ASL Films, Legend of the Mountain Man. MIL thought the signing was beautiful and she was able to see what people mean about a lot of signs are self explanatory.

I learned I can be a total bitch, without really planning to be a total bitch. :shock:

I apologized for being a bitch to these people, but given what was said, how I reacted to it, I seriously doubt the relationship will ever be the same, even if it's patched up.

Basically put - there was hurts launched from both sides.

I learned today that my friends apartment rent has gone up $48.00 if she signs a new rental lease.....she's upset!...My guess is the economy is improving, hence the rentals increases.

That is typical, I think. Partly includes cost-of-living adjustments for the apartment owners. It's not fun, but I think it's standard. At least it was when I used to live in an apt during college.

That is typical, I think. Partly includes cost-of-living adjustments for the apartment owners. It's not fun, but I think it's standard. At least it was when I used to live in an apt during college.

For 2 years, she had no rental increase....and now a $48.00 one?...Seriously, I think that's excessive, but I went online with her, and Landlords can increase ur rent whatever.....so she can either sign a new lease, or move...right now, she doesn't want to do either one!...So I think she will just "cough up" the $48.00 increase. Nothing can be done about it except to move, and moving is very expensive.

Back