What did you learn today? Part II

Good report:

This morning the big truck came around and picked up our lawn debris! Hooray! Just in time for Halloween so the kiddies will be safer walking thru the neighborhood.
:applause: Hurray !

I've learned shopping a birthday gift for Dad's 90th birthday was difficult. He has everything! I was about to give up when I took a look through Pinterest. I found two cute gifts, which I think is perfect. Thank you, Pinterest for making my life easier.

My DNA is simple :D

Mexican:beer:born in America

You might have got American Indian DNA as well, as I was reading about a lot of Mexicans have got American Indian DNA. :)

Yeah, majority in Mexico are Indians. My dad is one of them. He has a Mixtec background. Foreigners married Indians in Mexico is common. Benito Juarez was the first Indian ever to become the president of Mexico. He was Zapotec.

You might have got American Indian DNA as well, as I was reading about a lot of Mexicans have got American Indian DNA. :)
I do have Indian blood not sure which tribe. My paternal grandfather looks strong Indian his family is huge no one knows which tribe.

Yeah, majority in Mexico are Indians. My dad is one of them. He has a Mixtec background. Foreigners married Indians in Mexico is common. Benito Juarez was the first Indian ever to become the president of Mexico. He was Zapotec.

My mom side no Indian blood . Depends which part of Mexico you come from not all Mexicans have Indian. My maternal side no Indian blood.

I do have Indian blood not sure which tribe. My paternal grandfather looks strong Indian his family is huge no one knows which tribe.

Interesting, hopefully someday your family will dig around to find where your paternal grandfather's his parents was born in... perhaps that might give you rough idea where about the tribe is from? It might take ages to dig further back.

Someday I'll have to dig up on my father side of the family to find out more on NZ native side, of where the tribe is from etc.... already know my mother's side of the family for NZ native side tribes.

Interesting, hopefully someday your family will dig around to find where your paternal grandfather's his parents was born in... perhaps that might give you rough idea where about the tribe is from? It might take ages to dig further back.

Someday I'll have to dig up on my father side of the family to find out more on NZ native side, of where the tribe is from etc.... already know my mother's side of the family for NZ native side tribes.
It's just too difficult to find out at this point to go back. Since, I don't have any contact with that side of the family. Most have gone their separate ways and family is huge don't know who is who. Thank you :)

My mom side no Indian blood . Depends which part of Mexico you come from not all Mexicans have Indian. My maternal side no Indian blood.

Correct, not all Mexicans have Indian background. I have Japanese friends who were born in Mexico. They're called Nikkei.

My uncle's first language was Nahuatl, not Spanish. He had to learn to speak Spanish and English at a school.

You can check Catholic Church. They did excellent job to keep the records. They're very clean and articulate. They will explain them to you how to read your records.

My East Prussian mom has hard time accessing her ancestors' records at Lutheran churches in Germany. The records are very difficult to read, because they had to change the words to save the space. In the past, paper used to be very luxury.

I learned that my governor, Nikki Haley, has been nominated by President-elect Trump to become U.S. ambassador to the U.N.

A driver fell asleep and rear ended me today on the freeway. Both me and the other driver is ok... I probably only need a new rear bumper, but the other car is wrecked pretty bad with front end smashed up.

The driver only had 3 hours of sleep... We face the danger everyday on the road, you never know what can hit you in the back.

Be safe on the road everyone..

UPDATE: My insurance finally contacted me today. The other driver insurance accepted responsibility and my insurance gave me that insurance name, phone number to call and the next step is to get my car fixed.

I learned that my younger grandson might be making a visit to Vietnam at the end of the spring semester. One of his friends is from there, and the friend and his mother are going back to make their annual family visit. They invited my grandson to go with them.

Your grandson should check and see if he should get an vaccines before going to Vietnam.
Yes, we already discussed that with him.

He still wants to go to Germany for an internship next summer also. He's going to be busy!

Rabbits don't seem to sleep , they're out all hours of the day and night pooping up a storm! Something so small poop so much !

Back