What did you learn today? Part II

That has to be very frustrating Dell not getting back to you. Would it help to call a store that sell Dell computers and see if they can give you a shipping label ?....
The online company is separate from the stores that sell computers.

Doubtful because most stores are not directly associated with Dell.. like Costco, Fry's, MicroCenter (good grief are they still around- they screwed up Creaky Dell...).

Other option is to see if you can get one printed from the Dell website but I don't know if you need the order # or not...?
We need their authorization to pay for the shipping. We're not going to pay shipping and insurance for a computer we didn't order. If they want it back they need to pay for it.

What about dispute the charge with bank? If it isn't your purchase so you can dispute with bank.

What about dispute the charge with bank? If it isn't your purchase so you can dispute with bank.
Yes, we can dispute with the bank (credit union) and/or the charge card company if they try to charge us. However, that doesn't solve the "what to do with the computer" problem.

I would like the fraud departments follow up and find the culprit but I know they probably won't. They don't care about small fraud cases. It's not worth their manpower.

Doubtful because most stores are not directly associated with Dell.. like Costco, Fry's, MicroCenter (good grief are they still around- they screwed up Creaky Dell...).

Other option is to see if you can get one printed from the Dell website but I don't know if you need the order # or not...?
Probably they need a return authorization number.

We need their authorization to pay for the shipping. We're not going to pay shipping and insurance for a computer we didn't order. If they want it back they need to pay for it.
Of course I didn't mean for you guy to pay for the cost of shipping it back , I was thinking a Dell store would be able to have better luck getting the shipping label for you . What a pain in the butt this has to be for you .

Use as a free BBQ... :lol:

Dell-Laptop-Grill--22511.jpg

Oh, dear. That sucks, Reba. I've heard terrible rumors around here from engineers talking about Dell HQ in Austin, Texas. Heard the management at HQ is pretty screwed up. If you fly to Austin for vacation, just drive to Round Rock and drop off your laptop at the information desk. "Here's your laptop!"

Oh , I was trying to think of ways to ship it back at no cost to you. I agree this sucks a lot ! What happen when you tried calling Dell, were you able to reach a live person to explain what has happen?

Yes, we can dispute with the bank (credit union) and/or the charge card company if they try to charge us. However, that doesn't solve the "what to do with the computer" problem.

I would like the fraud departments follow up and find the culprit but I know they probably won't. They don't care about small fraud cases. It's not worth their manpower.

Oh wow, I'm going nuke Alienware (Dell owns that) out as my choice for future laptop gaming, so I'm between MSI and Sager.

I will not get gaming laptop until I return to university next year.

To watch your step when stepping out into the garage. I fell on Thursday night and broke my ankle. I'm hobbling around everywhere! I have an ankle brace for it. They don't seem to do casts as much these days. But my entire foot is now purple. Just great. LOL.

I learned not all Pitbulls are bad. A friendly beautiful Pitbull approached me and said , hello . Sweet girl .

Ahh gotcha. Didn't realize that part.

Of course I didn't mean for you guy to pay for the cost of shipping it back , I was thinking a Dell store would be able to have better luck getting the shipping label for you . What a pain in the butt this has to be for you .

There are no Dell stores.

Oh , I was trying to think of ways to ship it back at no cost to you. I agree this sucks a lot ! What happen when you tried calling Dell, were you able to reach a live person to explain what has happen?

That's what Reba and TCS had been doing- they've been trying to reach somebody at Dell but they won't return their calls or know what they're talking about.

To watch your step when stepping out into the garage. I fell on Thursday night and broke my ankle. I'm hobbling around everywhere! I have an ankle brace for it. They don't seem to do casts as much these days. But my entire foot is now purple. Just great. LOL.

Ohhhhh! Hope you get well soon!

Learned nothing today so far. LOL

LOL ditto.

But am about to refresh my skills with COBOL through videos. LinkedIn are offering free access to Lynda.com videos... today is last day. Spent the last two days trying to get the COBOL emulators and program set up right on Windows...

I learned I should have done the same as my kids and put boots on to go walk in the forest/ small park... mud everywhere

LOL ditto.

But am about to refresh my skills with COBOL through videos. LinkedIn are offering free access to Lynda.com videos... today is last day. Spent the last two days trying to get the COBOL emulators and program set up right on Windows...

For your job?

Good report:

This morning the big truck came around and picked up our lawn debris! Hooray! Just in time for Halloween so the kiddies will be safer walking thru the neighborhood.

Back