What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you will be returning there, after all, right? :lol:

Not really - found they don't have much available to me with my new diet restrictions. No dairy of any kind.

I went to a friends house today to get the cowlick trimmed up, looks better now. Then I had some fun driving in the snow. Weeeee!!

I walked to a local diner with my daughter. I found out I am getting better at keeping balance, especially with cane and holding someones arm.

Blindness is scary if you don't start out that way.

I spent the day doing some cleaning, laundry, working out in my basement, and watching both football games. I cant go outside in this cold or it will set off a violent fit of coughs.

absolutely nothing it was cold and snowing all day so my couch and I spent some quality time together :giggle:

Church (3 hours!!) meal prep, groceries, meal prep, cleanup, just finished making hubby's lunches for the week and cleaned up again.

I'm not sure today got above zero. I would have to check. So I spent my day INSIDE keeping warm by my woodburning stove. Gosh, I love the thing.

I'm not sure today got above zero. I would have to check. So I spent my day INSIDE keeping warm by my woodburning stove. Gosh, I love the thing.

I saw on The Weather Channel yesterday that your area will be below 0 this week. Not sure if all week or not. How do you handle it? :eek3:

I saw on The Weather Channel yesterday that your area will be below 0 this week. Not sure if all week or not. How do you handle it? :eek3:

By staying smart :lol: I go to work, back home, stay in. So my time outside is limited to just minutes other than the car. I'm used to it. :sigh: :lol: My garage is fully insulated which keeps it at about 30 degrees warmer than outside, so I don't have problems with car-starting.

Tonight was an interesting one and I will never ever let my dear friend live it down. SO every week we have friends dinner, and a group of us just get together, eat, and have a good time. Well tonight my friend accidentally texted the wrong person in her phone but this person asked if she could come to dinner anyway and being the big hearted person my friend is she said yes. Now this lady come to dinner and had no real idea who my friend was but came anyway and my friend didn't know who she was, and in a long about way they figured it out. This lady was the stripper gift she gave to her husband for her birthday OMGWTF just happened!!!!! And this lady took her phone and put her number in with just the first name which is one of our other friends name that comes every week which is how the mistake happened. And I hold no judgements about how one earns a living, but this lady was PSYCHO for real. She made it an interesting and entertaining night to say the least.

We had a neighbor that had 5 police cars all with lights flashing in their yard. MIL and & I were coming home from her weight loss group and dinner and had like 8 police cars passing us with lights and sirens going. They turned in different directions, but as we were coming into the neighborhood, we had to stop for an officer blocking the road. He asked what we were doing, I showed my license and said trying to get home. He said to get in and immediately lock all doors and not to open for anyone except police if need be. They came around within the last hour making sure we were all right. They are doing welfare checks on everyone in the neighborhood. Would not say what happened, but there was no ambulance, EMS or fire truck at all. The officer that stopped us, was one I talk to a lot. He lives here in the neighborhood.

We had a neighbor that had 5 police cars all with lights flashing in their yard. MIL and & I were coming home from her weight loss group and dinner and had like 8 police cars passing us with lights and sirens going. They turned in different directions, but as we were coming into the neighborhood, we had to stop for an officer blocking the road. He asked what we were doing, I showed my license and said trying to get home. He said to get in and immediately lock all doors and not to open for anyone except police if need be. They came around within the last hour making sure we were all right. They are doing welfare checks on everyone in the neighborhood. Would not say what happened, but there was no ambulance, EMS or fire truck at all. The officer that stopped us, was one I talk to a lot. He lives here in the neighborhood.

burglar on the loose?

You lead an exciting life! I sat on the coach as we had a snowstorm all day.

Maybe that is why Iowa has a low crime rate.

Hide you kids, hide your wife, and hide your husband, cuz they raping err body out herr:laugh2:

Hide you kids, hide your wife, and hide your husband, cuz they raping err body out herr:laugh2:

no need to. Florida = gun-friendly state and one of the highest gun ownerships. turn on all lights around your house. arm your rifles. go on witch-hunt! :lol:

no need to. Florida = gun-friendly state and one of the highest gun ownerships. turn on all lights around your house. arm your rifles. go on witch-hunt! :lol:

LMAO!!!!! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Sounds like a drug bust with the potential for a shootout involved. Typically EMS stays out of the 'hot' zone in these type of situations so an ambulance may have been staged 3-4 blocks over from where you were. Fire doesn't typically get involved in these situations unless there is some sort of environmental hazard around such as a meth lab that is actually in the cooking process in which Fire/EMS/PD and Hazmat usually coordinate efforts to stop the cooking process safely and remove the dangerous chemicals safely.

Just do as told by the PD and you'll be fine. (damn I'm starting to sound like Jiro! :lol:)

Oh another thought: It could be a 'safe house' for illegal immigrants waiting for falsified documents so they can safely walk the streets. Some of these people are involved in large scale human smuggling rings and take no chances.

So far I got up and am watching news. Our street not plowed yet so I guess we are staying home.

Bott, you and I may be having the same or similar weather. I had to take one of the dogs to holistic vet and had planned to do something with my mom later but we've decided to cancel for now. We had the same snow yesterday and I came across someone in the ditch on my way home from dog training class. He was fine, trying to use litter to get out<traction>. It's not like there's actually very MUCH snow but it's very powdery, blowing, roads have poor traction.

That drug bust-cop-thing you describe,Kristina ,seems like something similar happened to us last year - I was at a seminar or a dog training thing and hubby came home and found flashing lights and cops all over our cu de sac and in the neighbor's yard...he found out they'd been chasing a suspect for drugs and allegedly determined that the person dropped some coke in the neighbor's and possibly our yard, so they were searching all over....I thought - just great, with our dogs and a young puppy:mad:
but I heard they found it, or it was resolved anyway.

Bott, you and I may be having the same or similar weather. I had to take one of the dogs to holistic vet and had planned to do something with my mom later but we've decided to cancel for now. We had the same snow yesterday and I came across someone in the ditch on my way home from dog training class. He was fine, trying to use litter to get out<traction>. It's not like there's actually very MUCH snow but it's very powdery, blowing, roads have poor traction.

That drug bust-cop-thing you describe,Kristina ,seems like something similar happened to us last year - I was at a seminar or a dog training thing and hubby came home and found flashing lights and cops all over our cu de sac and in the neighbor's yard...he found out they'd been chasing a suspect for drugs and allegedly determined that the person dropped some coke in the neighbor's and possibly our yard, so they were searching all over....I thought - just great, with our dogs and a young puppy:mad:
but I heard they found it, or it was resolved anyway.

Yes, I think we had the same system. I was going to go grocery shopping today, but I think we may just watch tv and put it off until tomorrow when the roads are cleaned. I feel lucky my husband is off today and tomorrow so at least we can be bored together. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back