What Books Have You Recently Purchased?

Just finished "Same Kind of Different as Me"...... It was interesting, especially since I knew many of the places and people in the book.

Just finished "Same Kind of Different as Me"...... It was interesting, especially since I knew many of the places and people in the book.

Just read the first 13 pages online. Very interesting. I'm going to check it out from the library as soon as I finish the two books I'm currently reading.

I bought some textbooks for my courses at BU, does that count? :) haha. Im not a book worm, so I don't really purchase any books.

Just purchased the Tibetan Book of the Dead. Yes, I have a morbid sense of curiosity...

I bought - "Think Like a Champion - Donald Trump"

it's a must-read book if you want to be financially-successful.

i am now read a paperback novel called adam by ted dekker his novels are very good so pick up this book you will be put it down it is very good read book ok

Wirelessly posted

TheWriteAlex said:
Just purchased the Tibetan Book of the Dead. Yes, I have a morbid sense of curiosity...

Worth the buy?

Didn't purchase, came from the library--

I am finishing off Sandman by Gaiman.

i used to buy hardback books regularly. read too much and it got to expensive. then bought paperbacks. read too much got too expensive. then bought used books and had a problem finding some place to put all the boxes of read books. now just pick up 3 books every 2 weeks at the library. not always the newest books but enough to stop me from spending thousands a year on books!
you will hate this but my all time favorite was Hitler- it was a 3 book set and went into great depth on his beginnings and how he came to almost rule the world. fascinating reading because it showed the way it happened. i always want to know how something was done.

Asperger syndrome and bullying: strategies and solutions
By Nick Dubin, Michael John Carley

I was thinking about getting "All Creatures Great and Small"--I think I read it eons ago....

Wirelessly posted

Worth the buy?

Didn't purchase, came from the library--

I am finishing off Sandman by Gaiman.

Hasn't arrived yet. I'll let you know when it does.

A book like that I probably won't read straight through, so it's something I'll want to keep as a reference. It was cheep anyway off Amazon marketplace. most books I buy there are only 4-5$ total.

i cant buy books cuz i have no money. but i go to the library with mom(KristinaB) every week. yesterday i got: "Blood Ninja", "Hold me Closer, Necromancer", "The Boneshaker", "Way of Shadows", "The Gates", "The Outstretched Shadow", "The Dark Volume", "Daemon Hall", and "The Bartimaeus Trilogy: Ptolemy's Gate". ive finished the first three, and im about a 4th of the way thru the outstretched shadow. They should be all done by next tuesday-wednesday, unless one sucks. if it does, i dont read it. anyone think i read a lil too much?

rebeccab.jpg

Best novel... ever. A good read for those who like heavy character development. And the ending is absolutely golden; impossible to predict and an incredible shock.

Last edited:
American Sign Language Phrase Book by Lou Fant and Barbara Bernstein Fant

"Water for Elephants," because I wanted to read it before seeing the movie.

Very much enjoyed it. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll be amazed at the feats of the Barzini Brothers Greatest Show on Earth.

I enjoyed the way the author interwove the story from the point of view of the old man in the present day, remembering the events of having joined the circus some 70 years earlier. It was very artfully done; reminded me a little of some of the characters in my mom's assisted living place, where she lived for a couple years before her passing.

Not that any of them were in the circus, far as I knew. But the waiting for "the family" to come; the personal knowledge of a time that exists only in history books for us "young'uns" in our 50's and 60's, taking care of parents in their 80's and 90's. Very poignant and very well-done.

Back